Survey: Homeless Trend in Santa Cruz ...

Survey: Homeless Trend in Santa Cruz County Rising

There are 164 comments on the Patch.com story from Oct 23, 2013, titled Survey: Homeless Trend in Santa Cruz County Rising. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Despite the improving nationwide economy, a new census report indicates the number of homeless people in Santa Cruz County is trending upward.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

#81 Oct 30, 2013
ZOMBIE CORPSE RENTAL WRITES: "That's 5th in HOUSING COSTS, not INCOME."

BECKY: AND I said that our dirt is worth more than just about anywhere else. Perhaps you have a link that shows how much cumulative wealth is in Santa Cruz County? I don't know of one. The IRS doesn't publish that kind of data. Income per capita only shows money made that year & not inherited or accumulated wealth. I stand by my statement: Santa Cruz County is one of the richest counties in the country.

“Pearls before swine”

Santa Cruz, CA.

#82 Oct 30, 2013
CRAIG WRITES: "Santa Cruz County is not even in the top 100 wealthiest counties in the country, let alone in the world. That's not my opinion, it's fact. Look it up."

BECKY: So you just make an assertion and challenge ME to prove it? That's now how it works, CRAIG. YOU make a claim & YOU provide the link/source/proof. And what are you basing wealth on? Income per capita? Value of housing? GDP per county? Show me what you got, CRAIG (if you've got anything at all that is).

“Pearls before swine”

Santa Cruz, CA.

#83 Oct 30, 2013
NOTE TO CRAIG: Previously I wrote:

"By your own figures, a total of 76 people are measured as having been homeless already before moving into Santa Cruz County?"

BECKY: Should have read "By your own figures, a total of 76 people extra people have been enumerated as having been homeless already before moving into Santa Cruz County?"
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#84 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
BECKY: AND I said that our dirt is worth more than just about anywhere else. Perhaps you have a link that shows how much cumulative wealth is in Santa Cruz County? I don't know of one. The IRS doesn't publish that kind of data. Income per capita only shows money made that year & not inherited or accumulated wealth. I stand by my statement: Santa Cruz County is one of the richest counties in the country.
http://i.imgur.com/BVLBTnW.gif
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#85 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
CRAIG WRITES: "Santa Cruz County is not even in the top 100 wealthiest counties in the country, let alone in the world. That's not my opinion, it's fact. Look it up."
BECKY: So you just make an assertion and challenge ME to prove it? That's now how it works, CRAIG. YOU make a claim & YOU provide the link/source/proof. And what are you basing wealth on? Income per capita? Value of housing? GDP per county? Show me what you got, CRAIG (if you've got anything at all that is).
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#86 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
"By your own figures, a total of 76 people are measured as having been homeless already before moving into Santa Cruz County?"
BECKY: Should have read "By your own figures, a total of 76 people extra people have been enumerated as having been homeless already before moving into Santa Cruz County?"
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#87 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
Hey BJ Lardass, we're still waiting for you to "prove" your assertion that the SCPD's horses "Beat the bushes looking for the homeless"???

And then there's the $824 A day teachers that you've been braying about.

P.S. Did you pay off your student loans from the 80's yet?
Craig

Brooklyn, NY

#88 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
BECKY: YOU make a claim & YOU provide the link/source/proof.
Exactly.

YOU made a claim that Santa Cruz was "one of the wealthiest counties in the world". You gave no data to back up your statement. I asked you to supply that data. Your response was a word salad of names of cities and counties. And then you mentioned dirt. But no data.

When pushed on the subject you're now throwing it back at ME to prove YOUR statement as wrong. As you just said, that's not how it works.

So go ahead. Go back and back up your original claim with data. Show us what you've got, BECKY. Or did you just make it up?
Welfare

Santa Cruz, CA

#89 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
While I don't like to use wikipedia as a source and took 5 seconds to look up the information (I just woke up), here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-...

Santa Cruz County is not in the top 100 highest-income counties in the U.S.

See how much information you can gather in 5 seconds of internet searching? On top of that, aren't you the one that made claims all the time with no source, then when asked to show proof you couldn't? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#90 Oct 31, 2013
Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us what you've got, BECKY.
Oh, please NO!!! Not THAT!!!
Craig

Brooklyn, NY

#91 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
First off, they're not my figures.

Using the numbers and percentages that were scientifically collected by ASR, one is able to calculate the number of people coming to Santa Cruz after becoming homeless. I don't think you need me to supply the link to the 2011 and 2013 results as I am sure you know where they are.

Those numbers show an additional 76 people, an 8% increase in that group over the previous survey. The 2011 survey also showed an increase over the one from 2009. So yes, the number of people coming to Santa Cruz after becoming homeless is increasing, despite the percentage to the total count going slightly down.

And while the increase may seem insignificant to you ( personally I do not find 76 human lives to be insignificant, but you may feel differently) they are part of a group that now comprises almost 1000 people. And that number is definitely NOT insignificant.
Craig

Brooklyn, NY

#92 Oct 31, 2013
Welfare wrote:
While I don't like to use wikipedia as a source and took 5 seconds to look up the information (I just woke up), here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-...
Santa Cruz County is not in the top 100 highest-income counties in the U.S.
See how much information you can gather in 5 seconds of internet searching? On top of that, aren't you the one that made claims all the time with no source, then when asked to show proof you couldn't? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bingo.

The same can be done for home values, etc. it only takes a little time and minimal effort to find the answers. It's quite possible that BECKY did try to find the answer, found out that she was wrong , and then tried to spin. It wouldn't be the first time.
Reality Check

Santa Cruz, CA

#93 Oct 31, 2013
Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
...It's quite possible that BECKY did try to find the answer...
You're very charitable.

The Original Buzz

“The buck stops here!”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#94 Oct 31, 2013
BJ demonstrates her unfitness to teach and why she has led a life of failure with each and every post.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

#95 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
Again, cost is not income. Cost is cost, income is income. The price of an object or a service is not the money paid for it.

As for not having information on the wealth in Santa Cruz, since you're ignorant of your subject matter, why are you posting about it? Go get some supporting information and come back when you're prepared.

This isn't public school. You have to produce results here.
Craig

New York, NY

#96 Oct 31, 2013
Becky Johnson wrote:
BECKY: Oh, really? Thanks for the tip. Above I only wrote about the County. According to the Homelessness Census & Survey, 1,351 individuals were physically counted on a single night within the City of Santa Cruz(Pop. 62,041)or 2.1%. Yup. Between 1-3% homeless, just like everywhere else.
HUD estimates that over the course of a year 3.1 million people experience homelessness in the United States.

HUD estimates that on any given night the point in time estimate of people who are absolute homeless, sheltered and unsheltered, is 650,000.

BECKY, what percentage is 650,000 to the total population of the United States? That's the number you need to compare to the City of Santa Cruz point in time estimate of 2.1%.

By the way, there's multiple sources on the Internet to verify those numbers. Take a minute and see for yourself.
DBS the Irrelevant

San Jose, CA

#97 Oct 31, 2013
DBS wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you QS!
DBS is irrelevant.

He is a cowardly chicken who cyberstalks people using made up statements he pulls out his ass.

Nothing he has to say is worth anything because he won't come out from behind curtain and let people know his name while he stalks people using their names. If what he was doing wasn't illegal then we could laugh him off as the big, bad bully that he is.

Literally, DBS and all the other names he uses amount to a big pile of crap. Just like SouthPark he has the crap coming out of the wrong hole in his body.

DBS is almost worst then Buzz the Teacher who molests his students.
DBS

Sunnyvale, CA

#98 Oct 31, 2013
DBS the Irrelevant wrote:
<quoted text>DBS is irrelevant.
If what he was doing wasn't illegal then we could laugh him off as the big, bad bully that he is.
What Law is it that's being broken?

P.S. See: Constitutionally protected Free Speech.

The Original Buzz

“The buck stops here!”

Since: Sep 12

Scotts Valley

#99 Nov 1, 2013
He is a cowardly chicken who cyberstalks people using made up statements he pulls out his ass.
Nothing he has to say is worth anything because he won't come out from behind curtain and let people know his name while he stalks people using their names. If what he was doing wasn't illegal then we could laugh him off as the big, bad bully that he is.
Literally, DBS and all the other names he uses amount to a big pile of crap. Just like SouthPark he has the crap coming out of the wrong hole in his body.
More cut and paste spam from John E Colby, cyberstalker and Loon who was evicted from his section 8, catcrap-stinking hovel for stalking his neighbors, peeping in their windows in the middle of the night, aggressive behaviour, making false police reports and threatening to go "postal".
John's biggest accomplishment, after a life of abject failure, was getting evicted from Mission Gardens Apartments. You have to move heaven and earth to remove a nutjob who is. receiving public assistance.
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#100 Nov 1, 2013

Says the cowardly chicken who cyberstalks people using made up statements he pulls out his ass. BTW, what's YOUR name??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what ever happend to Rene Medina (Feb '14) 1 hr Lamblovealways 9
News PVUSD ranks 15 among state's 97 districts that ... (Feb '08) Nov 29 Daddy 20
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) Nov 24 WHY 864
News Santa Cruz housing crisis: More homes needed (Jul '14) Nov 21 Donny B 11
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Nov 17 Battle Tested 4,837
News Santa Cruz protesters call for full disclosure ... Nov 11 bumper 1
News In three years group collects 10,000 discarded ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 WooF 4

Corralitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corralitos Mortgages