Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,318)

Showing posts 186,341 - 186,360 of199,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little doubt you could kick my ass, that's why I have a license to carry and also I am an ex cop.
Is that tolerance and diversity though? Beating up an old man who can't walk? Would you feel better then? Don't even try it punk.
It's funny that I make you so mad you want to beat me up.
You need a time out.
I carry also....So,what does that prove. Your such a wimp you can run mouth here but would not face to face would you punk??

I think you should enjoy running your mouth here...I know you don't and cant in real world...So do go on enjoy your glory here...PATHETIC.......You act like a child on here and when you get backed into a corner you just attack and spew nasty words.....again PATHETIC...
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Ah yes the ole "fruitloops" slam. Your pathetic Frankie. GROW UP.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
“Nearly all United States Supreme Court decisions declaring marriage to be a fundamental right expressly link marriage to the fundamental rights of procreation, chidlbirth, abortion, and childrearing.”– Anderson v. King County (Wash. 2006) 138 P.3d 962, 978
“[T]he first purpose of matrimony, by the laws of nature and society, is procreation.”– Baker v. Baker (1859) 13 Cal. 87, 103.
“[T]he procreation of children under the shield and sanction of the law” is one of the “two principle ends of marriage.”– Sharon v. Sharon (1888) 75 Cal. 1,33
“The family is the basic unit of our society, the center of the personal affections that ennoble and enrich human life. It channels biological drives that might otherwise become socially destructive; it ensures the care and education of children in a stable environment; it establishes continuity from one generation to another; it nurtures and develops the individual initiative that distinguishes a free people. Since the family is the core of our society, the law seeks to foster and preserve marriage.– De Burgh v. De Burgh (1952) 39 Cal.2d 858, 863-864.
Procreation is “[o]ne of the prime purposes of matrimony.”– Maslow v. Maslow (1952) 117 Cal.App.2d. 237, 241.
“[P]rocreation of offspring could be considered one of the major purposes of marriage.”– Poe v. Gerstein (5th Cir. 1975) 517 F.2d 787, 796.
“[M]arriage exists as a protected legal institution primarily because of societal values associated with the propagation of the human race.”– Singer v. Hara (Wash. App. 1974) 522 P.2d 1187, 1195.
Marriage is a universal social institution, albeit with myriad variations in social and cultural details. A review of the cross-cultural diversity in marital arrangements reveals certain common themes: some degree of mutual obligation between husband and wife, a right of sexual access (often but not necessarily exclusive), an expectation that the relationships will persist (although not necessarily for a lifetime), some cooperative investment in offspring, and some sort of recognition of the status of the couple’s children. The marital alliance is fundamentally a reproductive alliance." Margo Wilson & Martin Daly, Marital Cooperation and Conflict, in Evolutionary Psychology, Public Policy and Personal Decisions 197, 203 (Charles Crawford & Catherine Salmon eds., Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc. 2004)
Some evidence on the anthropological point:“Although the details of getting married – who chooses the mates, what are the ceremonies and exchanges, how old are the parties – vary from group to group, the principle of marriage is everywhere embodied in practice.... The unique trait of what is commonly called marriage is social recognition and approval ... of a couple’s engaging in sexual intercourse and bearing and rearing offspring.” Kingsley Davis (ed.), Contemporary Marriage: Comparative Perspectives on a Changing Institution (New York: Russell Sage Foundation)(1985).
Thanks paisan I have little patience left for the moron. Any first week cultural anthropology student knows these things but he doesn't, so we must suffer his ignorance.

All he knows is SSM GOOD!!! Frankie and Pietro BAD!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
Funny thing is the righty hate mongers talk big here online. But not once have I seen one of these pigs in real life mouth off. Oh they might say they don't like it or are against it. But these inbred toothless beer bellied old farts wont run there mouth when faced with young in shape smart strong people...
Look at guys like Frankie Rizzo. He is Vietnam vet and he is crippled...yet he talks like big tough guy. I mean my wife could kick his azz I am sure. If you cant back it up you should not talk...
And look at Kimare. That person thinks bigotry and hate are ok and should be rule. I mean how out of date some people are is sad. I know that 80% of people are hate gays and are against SSM are over 60 so we have to just wait awhile until these old pricks die off.
Oh sit on it you idiot.

You don't have the brains to argue an issue, so you throw out the lazy ass gay twirl 'hate' claim.

Fact of the matter is, as soon as the near senile old men kicking ass on here die off, your generation will harvest a whole new crop of common sense from idiotic ventures like this one. We will die off, but others will grow up.

80% of people know the ass wasn't designed for input. Duh.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
As if by magic here comes the old baby killing Nam cripple vet. Running his bug mouth online. He would not do so face to face or in public...I PROMISE YOU THAT.
So enjoy your glory of running your mouth here. We all know in real world your pathetic and worthless and most likely no one loves you or cares if you die....Your pathetic......
As he stands in his rubber g-string with his rainbow cape flailing in the breeze.What a sight.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little doubt you could kick my ass, that's why I have a license to carry and also I am an ex cop.
Is that tolerance and diversity though? Beating up an old man who can't walk? Would you feel better then? Don't even try it punk.
It's funny that I make you so mad you want to beat me up.
You need a time out.
Needs a change, a hug and a nap.And something to suck on.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhhh....huh....why is Maggie Gallagher, NOM, and/or IMAPP are called "anti gay/propaganda", but SSM advocates and HRC, and other assorted "gay rights" groups are not called "pro gay propaganda"?
Same as pro-civil righst back in 60's on one side and the racist KKK types on other...FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS RIGHT IS PRO.....FIGHT AGAINST IS ANTI.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
As if by magic here comes the old baby killing Nam cripple vet. Running his bug mouth online. He would not do so face to face or in public...I PROMISE YOU THAT.
So enjoy your glory of running your mouth here. We all know in real world your pathetic and worthless and most likely no one loves you or cares if you die....Your pathetic......
I'll meet you for Frankie and teach you some respect little twit.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>

"......a full set of liberties and freedoms...."? Really like a full set of dishware?...
Yeah he said they are "awarded" a "full set of liberties and freedoms". That makes it even funnier, like they won a game or something. Or a merit badge.

And the award is....A brand new full set of liberties and freedoms!
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Kimare.......Ok you have right to your old out of date beliefs. As you old farts die off your hate and bigotry dies with you....YEA.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
Ah yes the ole "fruitloops" slam. Your pathetic Frankie. GROW UP.
No. Make me fruitloop.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Dumb ass huhster claims his patriotism and military wonders, dumb ass must have forgotten his oath to protect and defend the constitution of the U.S. It is to defend the constitution as it is written, not as he wishes it to be in his small infintile mind. Otherwise he's just a traitor and a turn coat. Rainbow capes for sale, arm holes and slightly stained.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sit on it you idiot.
You don't have the brains to argue an issue, so you throw out the lazy ass gay twirl 'hate' claim.
Fact of the matter is, as soon as the near senile old men kicking ass on here die off, your generation will harvest a whole new crop of common sense from idiotic ventures like this one. We will die off, but others will grow up.
80% of people know the ass wasn't designed for input. Duh.
Bravo! Youth is wasted on the young.

Lookit this fool "huh". Threatening an old man in a wheelchair on Topix instead of going out and getting laid. I bet I caused him to punch a few keyboards already! They're pretty cheap he'll be fine. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Protects

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Why can't the LASD protect Glendora, California?

Cheaper and more personnel and equipment too.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it's not. Plain and simple.
I support same sex marriage. I don't support lies and spin. One of the main reasons the government gives perks to married people is children. That's a fact, as any freshman cultural anthropology or sociology student knows it's also one of the reasons marriage came to be.
It's dumb to try and argue otherwise. What's the point? Gay married couples have children too. Their parents being married is better for them than if they are not. You are being a stupid zealot, willing to spin and lie.
Since the beginning there has always been some kind of monitary benefit. Women were paid for, dowrys were given etc. When huh was about to get married he tried go give a goat to the parents of his wife, they wouldn't accept it because it was wearing a dress and had been abused.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll meet you for Frankie and teach you some respect little twit.
LOL...Yea you would fall fast punk. You don't know me and lucky you never run mouth to my face wimp. Would not end good for you.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Frnkie....I could make you. That is fact. But I am sure you wouldn't look up from ground in face of real man. So wouldn't run our mouth in public would you bitch??????

YOUR PATHETIC./
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Huh begs for praise, he likes the little lightbulb, check mark and soccer ball. Too bad they don't have rainbow fruitloops. bubbles and unicorns.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
Kimare.......Ok you have right to your old out of date beliefs. As you old farts die off your hate and bigotry dies with you....YEA.
You're trying to kill off a thousand years of moral decency in just a couple of years, Ho boi. Good luck Chuck, we'll all be dead before this turns around. goof!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
Ah yes the ole "fruitloops" slam. Your* pathetic Frankie. GROW UP.
*You're. I know, I know. That one gets me too. Don't you just hate it when you realize you've done it when you see how stupid your post looks after you've posted it? I feel "you're" (haha) pain.

As far as growing up. When I was a young man I was 6 feet 2 inches tall. But I have some osteoporosis now and I've actually shrunk 1 1/2" inches. So I can't grow up! Sorry fruitloops. But you still can!

Ah good times!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 186,341 - 186,360 of199,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Corralitos Discussions

Search the Corralitos Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 12 hr Pack coal in deep 7,328
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr Hole 15,676
Vehicle-bicycle accident backs up traffic on 41st (Dec '09) Mon necro 38
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Apr 19 Drafty 4,559
City Council: Plastic bags to stay in Scotts Va... Apr 17 John Colby 3
Review: Dulceria Marquez Apr 14 arlene 1
Day Worker Center celebrates first year Apr 14 John Colby 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Corralitos Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Corralitos People Search