Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
171,721 - 171,740 of 200,615 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#197247 Jun 22, 2013
What a wonderful day I've had!

I spent most of the morning and afternoon at Knoxville's Pride Celebration.

I'm burnt to a crisp and worn out. But I had a great time.

Twenty-five years ago I was at Knoxville's first Pride Celebration. There were about 100 of us there. We were surrounded by preachers with bullhorns and people wearing full body protection suits (so that they wouldn't catch AIDS--LOL!)

Today there were four--count them FOUR--protester. They were faced with well over 15,000 gays, lesbians, etc. and our supporters.

We ended our parade at the World's Fair Park, where we had a football size field full of tents, booths, and stages.

The parade started at noon. The celebration goes until 10:30pm. But I'm too old to stay out in that blazing heat for ten and a half hours.

THIS is why same-sex marriage and other equal rights for the LGBT community will soon extend throughout the country.

Look at the changes that have been made over the past 25 years in a little town in TN--the buckle of the Bible-belt.

Shooooo.... I'm tired! Gonna crank up the air and bask in my memories of today's events!
Clipps

Monrovia, CA

#197248 Jun 22, 2013
Still stacking the skeets are you?

How much did it cost?

Does mother goose know your ripping off her stories?

Lame Dazzle has the nozzle inserted in the wrong end again!

Your going to have to wait until your buddy BoneHammer (from Ohio) use it first.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197249 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you forgot that anal sex is icky.
'Icky'?

Here's some medical information you need;

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/
sexandrelationships/analsex.ht m

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197250 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
What a wonderful day I've had!
I spent most of the morning and afternoon at Knoxville's Pride Celebration.
I'm burnt to a crisp and worn out. But I had a great time.
Twenty-five years ago I was at Knoxville's first Pride Celebration. There were about 100 of us there. We were surrounded by preachers with bullhorns and people wearing full body protection suits (so that they wouldn't catch AIDS--LOL!)
Today there were four--count them FOUR--protester. They were faced with well over 15,000 gays, lesbians, etc. and our supporters.
We ended our parade at the World's Fair Park, where we had a football size field full of tents, booths, and stages.
The parade started at noon. The celebration goes until 10:30pm. But I'm too old to stay out in that blazing heat for ten and a half hours.
THIS is why same-sex marriage and other equal rights for the LGBT community will soon extend throughout the country.
Look at the changes that have been made over the past 25 years in a little town in TN--the buckle of the Bible-belt.
Shooooo.... I'm tired! Gonna crank up the air and bask in my memories of today's events!
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Re elections

Monrovia, CA

#197252 Jun 22, 2013
The 2013 - 2014 Glendora budget is a joke from the get go!

For the past 8 years the liars in Glendora, California city hall have said a balanced budget has been put through.

In fact for those 8 years they have stolen from the public in services, fired employees taken from the cities treasury or back up funds.

The necessary step is to strip councils of the power to make big decisions. They always protect their pet projects and special friends to safe guard their re elections.

They can be in charge of maintaining basic services only, get the heck out of planning and development, enforce the rules cities have and everything else should go to a vote of the residents.
vet

Placerville, CA

#197253 Jun 22, 2013
All this is changing the definition of a word why Don't they just come up with a new word.
Zoro

Cambridge, IL

#197255 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
'Icky'?
Here's some medical information you need;
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/
sexandrelationships/analsex.ht m
Vitamin supplements: good or bad?
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197256 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Come on Flunkie even after we showed him he was wrong he still stuck to the claim. Much like you thinking that I can delete your posts. To funny. Oh crap, you might think they can fly too. My bad, sorry.........
No Jizzy. Not knowing that penguins can't fly does not prove you are right. Try again dummy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197257 Jun 22, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you disabled? Are you old? Sorry if you are, anyway, good luck, you are doing well, don't feel bad about yourself.
Both. But I'm not feeling bad about it, it could be much worse, just look at Jizzy. No physical limitations but still a complete failure in life.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197258 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Its summs you up . Liar
Liar says what?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197259 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>
Vitamin supplements: good or bad?
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/
What a moronic post.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197260 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
What a wonderful day I've had!
I spent most of the morning and afternoon at Knoxville's Pride Celebration.
I'm burnt to a crisp and worn out. But I had a great time.
Twenty-five years ago I was at Knoxville's first Pride Celebration. There were about 100 of us there. We were surrounded by preachers with bullhorns and people wearing full body protection suits (so that they wouldn't catch AIDS--LOL!)
Today there were four--count them FOUR--protester. They were faced with well over 15,000 gays, lesbians, etc. and our supporters.
We ended our parade at the World's Fair Park, where we had a football size field full of tents, booths, and stages.
The parade started at noon. The celebration goes until 10:30pm. But I'm too old to stay out in that blazing heat for ten and a half hours.
THIS is why same-sex marriage and other equal rights for the LGBT community will soon extend throughout the country.
Look at the changes that have been made over the past 25 years in a little town in TN--the buckle of the Bible-belt.
Shooooo.... I'm tired! Gonna crank up the air and bask in my memories of today's events!
Cool story fruitcake.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197261 Jun 22, 2013
Zoro wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you forgot that anal sex is icky.
Yes Jizzy, you doing it would definitely be icky.
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197262 Jun 22, 2013
I don't get why anybody cares what gay people do. You can chose who you want to be around and if you don't like someone just stay away and let them be. They probably don't like you either.
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197263 Jun 22, 2013
And before anyone says "I don't care, I just don't like the gays pushing their lifestyle on me", here's my reply to that: Gay people probably don't like you "pushing your hetero lifestyle on them" either. LOL
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197264 Jun 22, 2013
And to KiMare: Just shutup about all your "social science" babble. We heard you. Nobody cares. I disagree. Deal with it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#197265 Jun 22, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
No... It puts you in the same category as Frankie--no credibility--no longer worth my time.
Is that your whole argument against marriage equality? Frankie has "no credibility"?

Try again dummy. With a real argument. You know, justify your hypocrisy. Or else it's just another of your inane temper tantrums.

Let's cut through your bullsh!t. Why are you a hypocrite?

"...no longer worth my time" Too funny! Then why did you post about it dummy?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#197266 Jun 22, 2013
Quario wrote:
And to KiMare: Just shutup about all your "social science" babble. We heard you. Nobody cares. I disagree. Deal with it.
Denying reality won't change it honey.

You will never find a good prescription for your life if the diagnosis is faulty.

When you finish your hissy fit, why not tell me why you disagree?
Quario

Long Beach, CA

#197267 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying reality won't change it honey.
You will never find a good prescription for your life if the diagnosis is faulty.
When you finish your hissy fit, why not tell me why you disagree?
The reality is that I am who I am. There is nothing wrong with me. I am just different than you. I do not need to fix anything or try to change myself to conform to your view of how I should live my life. Move on with with your life and let others be. You can state your opinion over and over again, but it will not cause me to change anything about myself. Deal with it. Move on.
Well

Round Lake, IL

#197268 Jun 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying reality won't change it honey.
You will never find a good prescription for your life if the diagnosis is faulty.
When you finish your hissy fit, why not tell me why you disagree?
Sweetheart...to be honest with you, most of us don't share your mental illness, therefore we don't share your reality!

You seem to be the one denying reality daily, it won't change it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr gtuj 15,968
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr punch tips 7,935
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 23 hr SEYMOOR DUCK 4,793
Watsonville police nab 37 suspected taggers (Apr '09) Aug 27 sorry 143
Man critically injured in Santa Cruz hit-and-run Aug 26 Anon 4
SB County's district attorney defends his integ... (Nov '08) Aug 18 curious citizen 67
•••
•••
•••

Corralitos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Corralitos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Corralitos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corralitos
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••