Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,976

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186668 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
For the umpteenth time I would vote in favor of Poly marriage if the issue comes up.
Your paranoia that recognition of an issue in the public eye is related to lack of agreement gets in the way
Yeah, you'd vote for it and all, it's just that they are child molesters and welfare cheats and all like that.

Too Funny!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186669 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>It won't bother me.
So what you are truly saying then is all you are opposed to is the use of a word?? Doesent that seem silly??
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186670 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope just acknowledging that you are not bright enough to discuss an aspect of an issue without jumping to a wrong conclusion.
YUK!YUK!YUK! Getting sloppy. Slipping into ad hominem. Fail.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186671 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I only bring that up when people bring up history and tradition as if following what was done in the past is always a good thing.
The key word misused here is "always". Simply because it was done in the past, doesn't automatically mean it shouldn't be done now, or should be. If SSM is such a hot idea, why having societies, across time and place, incorporated it into their societal structures? Why didn't it naturally develop alongside of both monogamous, and polygamous, opposite sex marriage?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186672 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are truly saying then is all you are opposed to is the use of a word?? Doesent that seem silly??
That is the entire issue

a word

A word they donít own, as it relates to dozens of religions and no religion at all. They want to define that word not only for themselves but to force that word upon others not of their religion.

The word scares them to the core of their being.

The rights donít concern them... it is the word itself that shakes them to their core.

These people are frightened to death over how someone might use that word.

It is really pathetic when you think about it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186673 Apr 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you'd vote for it and all, it's just that they are child molesters and welfare cheats and all like that.
Too Funny!
You are wrong thinking that all those in poly marriages are criminals, they are not.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186674 Apr 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Madone! Why not try explaining how calling an intimate personal sexual relationship between two men/women "strengthens marriage", as you claimed. Apparently you have difficulty distinguishing between marriage as public policy, cultural norm, shared understanding, and/or an historic, legal, and/or religious concept of husband and wife, and individual marriages.
That word, "religious" just got your dander up, didn't it. You were so busy focusing in on that, you didn't see anything else. Try sticking to the facts, "just the facts".
Not everything about a marriage is about sex

It may be for you, but for most of us our marriage is more than just about sex

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#186675 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't it seem silly to your side? Marriage is between a man and a woman.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186676 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong thinking that all those in poly marriages are criminals, they are not.
Slick try! But a Fail. That's your schtick dummy.

Milwaukee

#186677 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>Not everything about a marriage is about sex

It may be for you, but for most of us our marriage is more than just about sex
Everyone against gay marriage says things about how it ruins the sanctity or how it will make theirs less meaningful. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of traditional marriages that would be considered a failure.

Milwaukee

#186678 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>That is the entire issue

a word

A word they don’t own, as it relates to dozens of religions and no religion at all. They want to define that word not only for themselves but to force that word upon others not of their religion.

The rights don’t concern them... it is the word itself that shakes them to their core.

It's pathetic that they are defending a word.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186679 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't it seem silly to your side? Marriage is between a man and a woman.
Not true in 11 states one district, and 17 nations ( I think, they are converting so fast it is hard to keep track )

12 states if you consider that California has 18,000 legally married same sex couples

More to follow
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186680 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone against gay marriage says things about how it ruins the sanctity or how it will make theirs less meaningful. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of traditional marriages that would be considered a failure.
I know, they are desperately trying to preserve the sanctity of Britney Spears "just for fun" 3 day marriage.

My marriage is not a failure, come same sex marriage or not, I donít see any reason not to deny you the same rights, privileges, recognition and yes... the word... that my wife and I have.

18,000 same sex marriages in California didnít hurt my marriage at all, not sure why their marriages are so fragile that it would hurt theirs. Maybe they should be focused on why their own marriages are so fragile rather than worry about what others are doing.

Milwaukee

#186681 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't it seem silly to your side? Marriage is between a man and a woman.
Not at all. We want equality. Just as blacks had their own bathrooms, drinking fountains etc. yes they had their own bathrooms and water to drink but they also just wanted equality. Just as you want to say we can have civil unions we want marriage. It's the same principal. 40 years from now you will look just as stupid as those that were for their civil rights.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#186682 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the entire issue
a word
A word they donít own, as it relates to dozens of religions and no religion at all. They want to define that word not only for themselves but to force that word upon others not of their religion.
The rights donít concern them... it is the word itself that shakes them to their core.
Similar to the word "gay" which was understood, in common usage, to mean happy, carefree. Now its been highjacked to refer to homosexuality/homosexuals. The irony is that at one time a gay man was a womanizer. A gay woman a prostitute.

We've come a long way.

Milwaukee

#186683 Apr 5, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Here it is from Wikipedia nothing about a man and a woman.

Marriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people called spouses that establishes rights and obligations between the spouses, between the spouses and their children, and between the spouses and their in-laws.[1] The definition of marriage varies according to different cultures, but it is principally an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged. When defined broadly, marriage is considered a cultural universal. In many cultures, marriage is formalized via a wedding ceremony. In terms of legal recognition, most sovereign states and other jurisdictions limit marriage to opposite-sex couples or two persons of opposite gender in the gender binary, and a diminishing number of these permit polygyny, child marriages, and forced marriages. In modern times, a growing number of countries and other jurisdictions have lifted bans on and have established legal recognition for same-sex marriage, interracial marriage, and interfaith marriage. In some cultures, marriage is recommended or compulsory before pursuing any sexual activity.

People marry for many reasons, including: legal, social, libidinal, emotional, financial, spiritual, and religious. Marriages can be performed in a secular civil ceremony or in a religious setting. The act of marriage usually creates normative or legal obligations between the individuals involved. Some cultures allow the dissolution of marriage through divorce or annulment. Polygamous marriages may also occur in spite of national laws.

Marriage can be recognized by a state, an organization, a religious authority, a tribal group, a local community or peers. It is often viewed as a contract. Civil marriage is the legal concept of marriage as a governmental institution irrespective of religious affiliation, in accordance with marriage laws of the jurisdiction. Forced marriages are illegal in some jurisdictions.[2]

Milwaukee

#186684 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>I know, they are desperately trying to preserve the sanctity of Britney Spears "just for fun" 3 day marriage.

My marriage is not a failure, come same sex marriage or not, I don’t see any reason not to deny you the same rights, privileges, recognition and yes... the word... that my wife and I have.

18,000 same sex marriages in California didn’t hurt my marriage at all, not sure why their marriages are so fragile that it would hurt theirs. Maybe they should be focused on why their own marriages are so fragile rather than worry about what others are doing.
Thank you for your support and when we get married you and your wife will be invited.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186685 Apr 5, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
40 years from now you will look just as stupid as those that were for their civil rights.
Bingo!

That is why I keep telling people they are standing on the wrong side of history.

You will notice that more and more even of the Republican leadership is realizing this, and changing positions as quickly as they can.

Milwaukee

#186686 Apr 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>Bingo!

That is why I keep telling people they are standing on the wrong side of history.

You will notice that more and more even of the Republican leadership is realizing this, and changing positions as quickly as they can.
I know and I'm proud of them. I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. It's hard for me to vote because both sides are messed up.
T Plan

Covina, CA

#186687 Apr 5, 2013
Just bomb the suck out of then offer to rebuild their country after all the "ad guys" are dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 hr free for all 5,081
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 20 hr surfs up 7,955
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Fri scoop 2,273
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
any cheap room in watsonville? Sep 16 Halin 3
Santa Cruz police crack large commercial burgla... (Sep '08) Sep 13 vidcolax 83
Stroking for milf jiggers in east highland Sep 13 Hardasfuck 1
•••
•••
•••

Corralitos Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Corralitos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE