Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,153

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184724 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you donít belong to or support any church that had support signs for Prop 8 on their lawns.
I suspect eyeglasses need cleaning
But you personally is not the point, I am saying that support for Prop 8 and other such hateful and discriminatory measures are broadly supported by religious organizations with narrow vision.
History will not look on them kindly
They are already bleeding followers, this really isnít the time to get this short sighted. If the current trend continues, that churches are basically political organizations, they will continue to recede.
I know people who get phone calls from their churches on election day telling them who to vote for and which way to vote on propositionsÖ. This does not bode well for the future of religion in America
Not every Church is westboro. lol....I get phone calls from a lot of organizations, big deal?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#184725 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is amazing
For Lincoln personally it wasnít, for Lincoln it was for preserving the union, and why was the union split up? Slavery and the continuation of slavery, the war was fought because the south seceded, and why did they secede?
It doesnít matter which way you look at it, every cause, every reason was tied to slavery
You need to go back to the 5th grade and start over.
I didnít say that the war was to "free the slaves", I said the institution of slavery and the fear of that institution ending was at the bottom of every reason for the civil war.
If you donít know thatÖ it is time you go back to elementary school
It wasn't 1 issue: Your ignorance is amazing You need to go back to the 5th grade and start over. All the men fighting were not fighting over freeing John Brown.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#184726 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
A ďLost CauseĒ supporter LOL
I didnít know there were any left alive
The "Lost Cause" was an effort by the south to re-write history, and what the war was actually about, and to vilify and make heroic certain figures.
If you actually knew anything... anything at all about American history, you would know that every cause of the war was linked to slavery.
Economically, politically, in every sense and every cause, slavery was at the bottom of it.
They withdrew from the union because of the fact that with Lincoln as president they would not be able to maintain an equal number of slave states to non-slave states, which would eventually be the end of slavery, so they succeeded from the union
Here you go, this is elementary schools stuff
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_the_A...
LOL

There's plenty of them here in TX. idiotic, but, they exist. none of the even recall what they learned in american history in high school - or they choose to ignore it.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#184727 Mar 26, 2013
* Nazi Germany and Japan were defeated in 1945.
* Bans on interracial marriages in Southern states was brought down in 1967.
* The apartheid regime was brought down in 1994.
* And bans on gay marriage was brought down in 2013.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184728 Mar 26, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>It wasn't 1 issue: Your ignorance is amazing You need to go back to the 5th grade and start over. All the men fighting were not fighting over freeing John Brown.
Lying wonít help you, I didnít say it was one issue, I said every major issue, every cause of the secession ( quite a number of them ) was tied to the institution of slavery and the continuation of that institution.

That is a fact
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#184729 Mar 26, 2013
SCALIA: "Remember, when the framers wrote the Constitution, there were no gays in America. They didn't come here until the nineteen-sixties."

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#184730 Mar 26, 2013
Has anyone heard from Kimare this afternoon? Was he called before the Supreme Court to offer his "brilliant" comments about male anal sex, cross-cultural constraint crapola and his deep understanding of "epigentics mistake"?

Gosh, having read the arguments presented and questions asked by the justices and I don't believe any of these notions were raised by either side.

LOSER!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184731 Mar 26, 2013
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/10/18/worlds-ol...
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
"Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Stephen G. Breyer and Ruth Bader Ginsburg pounded Cooper for linking marriage to child-bearing, with Kagan asking if states could also prohibit couples over age 55 from getting married. Cooper responded that even in that case, at least one member of the marriage would likely still be fertile, a suggestion that drew laughter from the courtroom."
A 55 year healthy male, marries a 40 healthy female. What are the odds the male can still father children? Hmmmmmm....

Men, if youíre searching for the key to lifelong virility, look no further than the nearest grocery store. Specifically, stock up on vegetables, milk, ghee, almonds and chapatis, an Indian flatbread.

Thatís what a 96-year-old Indian man, whose 52-year-old wife gave birth to a healthy boy on Oct. 5, attributes his vitality to, the†Times of India reports. Ramajit Raghav, who lives about 30 miles (50 km) northwest of Delhi in the district of Haryana, claims he is the oldest man in the world to father a child ó breaking a record he set in November 2010, when his first son, Vikramjeet, was born. ABC News was unable to confirm Raghavís age, but the Times of India†reports that Haryana governmentís social-welfare department lists his age as 96.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184732 Mar 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
SCALIA: "Remember, when the framers wrote the Constitution, there were no gays in America. They didn't come here until the nineteen-sixties."
He could not possibly be that uneducated, did that idiot really say that?
Clayton Colwell

Omaha, NE

#184733 Mar 26, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Well, no. This came from a satirical article -- Scalia never said this.

There are plenty of things Scalia's actually said that one can use to bludgeon him over the head with -- keep the moral high ground and don't rely on fiction.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184734 Mar 26, 2013
Clayton Colwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, no. This came from a satirical article -- Scalia never said this.
There are plenty of things Scalia's actually said that one can use to bludgeon him over the head with -- keep the moral high ground and don't rely on fiction.
Thanks, it isnít that I had a high opinion of him, but he could not possibly be that stupid

Knoxville, TN

#184735 Mar 26, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
* Nazi Germany and Japan were defeated in 1945.
* Bans on interracial marriages in Southern states was brought down in 1967.
* The apartheid regime was brought down in 1994.
* And bans on gay marriage was brought down in 2013.
* 1840s and onward, women began to be allowed to own property in their own names.
* Women are given the right to vote 1919
* Segregation and Jim Crow Laws ended 1964
* "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" ended 2012

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184736 Mar 26, 2013
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean unlikely? Last time I checked there was something called the 14th amendment on the USA! Why the hell should I be denied equal marriage rights because I live in Pennsylvania? You know the Supreme Court ruled in 1967 that STATE bans on interracial marriage was unconstitutional. Marriage is a fundamental right!
Marriage, a fundamental right, as it been understood as a union of husband and wife.

Knoxville, TN

#184737 Mar 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/ 10/18/worlds-oldest-dad-96-fat hers-another-child/
<quoted text>
A 55 year healthy male, marries a 40 healthy female. What are the odds the male can still father children? Hmmmmmm....
Men, if youíre searching for the key to lifelong virility, look no further than the nearest grocery store. Specifically, stock up on vegetables, milk, ghee, almonds and chapatis, an Indian flatbread.
Thatís what a 96-year-old Indian man, whose 52-year-old wife gave birth to a healthy boy on Oct. 5, attributes his vitality to, the†Times of India reports. Ramajit Raghav, who lives about 30 miles (50 km) northwest of Delhi in the district of Haryana, claims he is the oldest man in the world to father a child ó breaking a record he set in November 2010, when his first son, Vikramjeet, was born. ABC News was unable to confirm Raghavís age, but the Times of India†reports that Haryana governmentís social-welfare department lists his age as 96.
Oh yes, by all means, lets encourage men in their 60s, 70s, and 90s to father children. That makes A LOT of sense. No potential for problems related to rearing children when you're a senior citizen. Heck, if you time it just right, your kid will be just old enough to wipe your behind when you become unable to do so yourself.(sarcasm)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184738 Mar 26, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
...and your qualifications are.....?
Qualifications for determining you are confused as to the definition of "consummation" as it allies to the sexual union of husband and wife? My ability to read.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184739 Mar 26, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
He could not possibly be that uneducated, did that idiot really say that?
Obviously Justice Scalia is not as wise as you are Big D. Now when did the word "gay" come into common usage to refer to homosexuals?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#184740 Mar 26, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope he is stocked up on Pepto Bismol in case he gets sick like he did when Romney lost, the poor old thing.
You remember that, too? He was OUT OF CONTROL when that happened.
William P

La Puente, CA

#184743 Mar 26, 2013
Subject: Please investigate the city of Glendora, CA the same way the city of Bell, CA was investigated.

I created a petition to Governor Jerry Brown and President Barack Obama which says:

"Please sign my petition to President Obama and Governor Jerry Brown asking them to order a thorough investigation of the city of Glendora, California the same way the city of Bell, California was investigated."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

Knoxville, TN

#184744 Mar 26, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Qualifications for determining you are confused as to the definition of "consummation" as it allies to the sexual union of husband and wife? My ability to read.
From a quick Google search...

"Most states consider a couple to be married when the ceremony ends. Lack of subsequent sexual relations does not automatically affect the validity of the marriage, although in some states non-consummation could be a basis for having the marriage annulled."

"Consummation of marriage refers to the first time the husband and wife co-habit together or engage in sexual intercourse, after the ceremony of marriage has been performed. Under canon law, a refusal to consummate the marriage may be grounds for an annulment or for divorce. But this is not so at common law or under modern state law."
William P

La Puente, CA

#184745 Mar 26, 2013
Please investigate the city of Glendora, CA the same way the city of Bell, CA was investigated.

This city is in serious jeopardy ever since a certain element took over and declared themselves KING,

I created a petition to Governor Jerry Brown and President Barack Obama which says:

"Please sign my petition to President Obama and Governor Jerry Brown asking them to order a thorough investigation of the city of Glendora, California the same way the city of Bell, California was investigated."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://signon.org/sign/please-investigate-the ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Annieglass to open Santana Row shop, close down... Dec 7 ANON 2
Santa Cruz County homelessness partnership seek... Dec 5 John Colby 31
Help Wanted: Pajaro Valley seeks subs (Sep '08) Dec 4 quitebigbil 40
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Dec 4 Erick 4,806
More than an inch of rain falls in some parts o... (Nov '10) Dec 3 anon 8
Santa Cruz Sheriff deputy vehicle involved in a... Nov 22 Craig Hernandez 1
Santa Cruz County unemployment 6.4 percent in O... Nov 22 Get a job ColbyLOSER 7
Corralitos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corralitos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corralitos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corralitos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:33 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:33AM
Insider Buzz: Odds on Best Landing Spots for Jim Harbaugh
NBC Sports10:20 AM
Does Ray McDonald get cut if they are still in playoff hunt?
NBC Sports12:45 PM
McDonald case reconfirms NFL teams do whatever they want to do
Bleacher Report 1:04 PM
Michigan Fan Makes Jim Harbaugh Video Featuring Matthew McConaughey Voiceover
Bleacher Report 1:06 PM
Chargers vs. 49ers: Complete Week 16 Preview for San Francisco