Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#184564 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there is, in 10 states, one district and 17 countries
and more are entering into the 21st century every year
You forgot to stamp your feet.

No, it is not the same. Clearly only a duplicated half imposing an imposter relationship by legal manipulation because you could not convince many to deny reality.

Smile.

Location hidden

#184566 Mar 25, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
then don't get gay married if it has no meaning to you.
you make your own marriage. just like anyone else does in their own marriage. if your marriage is diluted because some stranger across the street marries a same sex partner, or someone across town or across the state....that's pretty sad for you and a lousy excuse to use because you're not happy with marriage.
try again. you won't succeed. but try again.
Words describe reality.

For instance, your tirade exposes you as an idiot.

See what I mean?

Marriage can never describe a ss couple. If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

ss couples are a direct, defective contradiction to the singular goal of evolution. Literally 'unmarriage'.

Smile.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184567 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a cartoon of Sagan when he was a child looking at the night sky saying, "look at the star's there must be hundreds and hundreds of them" LOL
My statement was fact, man as believed in billions of different gods, all equal in the amount of evidence for their existence. If you knew much of religions you would realize there are over a billion different gods are believed in today, looking back into history it gets closer to 9 billion.
You are free to oppose whatever you choose, but we are a nation of law, You keep wanting for force your view on others. I do not, I am in a heterosexual marriage and no one is forcing me into a homosexual marriage, I only accept that homosexuals are Americans too and deserve the same rights and privileges as any other American, but I am a patriot and freedom and justice are probably more important to me than to you.
social conservatives sometimes remind me of a lost tribe in the amazon...

most of them are convinced we are all alone in the universe...

when in comparison with the culture that is likely OUT THERE??/

earth religions would be veiwed as quaint and relatively new...

according the rest of the galaxy?? our planet is like the missisippi of the milky way.....

....a back water.

Location hidden

#184568 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of churches, there are over 120,000 legal same sex marriages in the US today
Still no specific survey? Wonder why. Not.

There are 120,000 imposter relationships that everyone knows the minute they see any ONE of them is distinct from marriage.

NO child will ever look at a ss couple and say, "mom and dad".

Smile.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184569 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to stamp your feet.
No, it is not the same. Clearly only a duplicated half imposing an imposter relationship by legal manipulation because you could not convince many to deny reality.
Smile.
Yes it is, it is law, your bigoted opinion means nothing, your religion has no say in the matter.

As legal and just as any other marriage, regardless of your ignorance of the fact.

Location hidden

#184570 Mar 25, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. you might want to read the public statements and the decisions made by the ELCA. they specifically mention science chum.
you want to know...then check with PEW RESEARCH. simple google search will get you there.
American denominations that accept and embrace homosexual members of the congregation and / or clergy:
United Church of Christ
Unity School of Christianity
Most Church of the Brethren groups
many but not all Anglican, United Methodist, Northern Baptist, and Congregational groups.
Reform Judaism
Conservative Egalitarian
Judaism
Reconstructionist JUDAISM
Metropolitan Community Church
Association of Welcoming Affirming Baptists
Ecumenical Catholic Church
International Christian Community Churches
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
US Episcopal Church
Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ (Latter Day Saint denomination)
United Church of Canada
USA Presbyterian Church
In Europe, the following denominations accept and embrace homosexuality in it's members or clergy :
Evangelical Church in Germany
Swiss Reformed Church
Protestant Church - Netherlands
Church of Denmark
Church of Norway
Church of Sweden
Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland
Church of Iceland
The following are specific churches that are open, accepting & embrace homosexuals as congregants and / or clergy :
Bethlehem Community, Faithful Companions of St. Francis religious community within Ecumenical Catholic Church (Liverpool, England)
Broadway United Methodist Church (Indianapolis, IN)
Cathedral of Hope (Dallas, Texas, USA)
Community Parish of St Bernadette Liverpool - congregation of Ecumenical Catholic Church (Liverpool, England)
Glide Memorial Church (San Francisco, California, USA)
Most Holy Redeemer Catholic Church (San Francisco, California, USA)
Grace Gospel Chapel (Seattle, Washington, USA)
Light of Love Fellowship (St. Louis, Missouri, USA)
Pullen Memorial Baptist Church (Raleigh, North Carolina, USA)
Tong-Kwang Light House Presbyterian Church (Taipei, Taiwan)
University Baptist Church (Austin, Texas, USA)
St. Paul's Anglican Church (Vancouver, BC)
Wake Forest Baptist Church (Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA)
Walnut Creek United Methodist Church (Walnut Creek, California, USA)
Broadway Baptist Church - Ft. Worth, TX.
Celebration Community Church - Ft. Worth, TX
Royal Lane Baptist Church – Dallas, Tx
You are so funny!

If you take out the European add-ons, and specific Churches already included in the American denominations listed, not to mention the Jewish faith, you have a teanie minority that is rarely represented by more than one 'church' in any community of our country.

Why not just list the comparison honey? I know, it's worse then your obvious stretch. I guess when you are trying to convince people to accept an imposter relationship, this is only another step of deceit...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#184571 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay telling us what girls love?
Priceless funny~!
Smile.
endocannabanoid system wrote:
<quoted text>
so you must think EVERY body who supports civil rights for the LGBT community is gay??
that is an interesting mental disorder you have there...
by that logic??
58% of the country would be gay....
and it is only really a small percentage of folks that ARE gay..
but they are going to make HUGE leaps ahead in their cause, this week.
and that is where the joke is on you....
the bigots are clearly on the wrong side of history.....
I mean the social conservatives...
down with DOMA
No, I think you are gay in at least a couple ways.

Smile.

Location hidden

#184572 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is, it is law, your bigoted opinion means nothing, your religion has no say in the matter.
As legal and just as any other marriage, regardless of your ignorance of the fact.
Speaking of ignorance of fact, where did I bring up my religion?

Having trouble dealing with reality again?

Snicker.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#184574 Mar 25, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a cartoon of Sagan when he was a child looking at the night sky saying, "look at the star's there must be hundreds and hundreds of them" LOL
[QUOTE]

Cute.

[QUOTE]
My statement was fact, man as believed in billions of different gods, all equal in the amount of evidence for their existence. If you knew much of religions you would realize there are over a billion different gods are believed in today, looking back into history it gets closer to 9 billion.
This number is from where, oh Wise and Wonderful Wizard of Big D?
You are free to oppose whatever you choose, but we are a nation of laws.
Agreed.
You keep wanting for force your view on others. I do not,
Uhhhhhh....Big D...you kind of are. U believe legal marriage should be redefined, I do not. Why is my contention, it not be redefined, "forcing my view on others, but your contention, it should be redefined, not forcing one's view on others?
I am in a heterosexual marriage and no one is forcing me into a homosexual marriage,
Technically you are in an opposite sex marriage, or conjugal, as in husband and wife. Glad to hear you're not being forced into a SSM.
I only accept that homosexuals are Americans too and deserve the same rights and privileges as any other American
As do I accept them as Americans. Technically they ALREADY HAVE the same rights and privileges as any other Americans. They simply don't want to exercise the rights in the same way.
, but I am a patriot and freedom and justice are probably more important to me than to you.
Truth, Justice, and the American way.....no wait that's Superman. Sigh....I too am a Patriot, Fins fan actually... Freedom and Justice are just as important to me. It doesn't mean everything is subjected to Orwellian concepts of "equality". Different situations, different solutions.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184575 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless funny~!
Smile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
re-posting your own drivel??

just so people will know how bigoted you really are??

i can feel your frustration...

two HUGE decisions are going to be made this week by the supream court.

and we are likely to win both...

deal with it...

it is time you joined us here in the 21st century.

you are simply on the WRONG side of history.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184576 Mar 25, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
This number is from where, oh Wise and Wonderful Wizard of Big D?
<quoted text>
Agreed.
<quoted text>
Uhhhhhh....Big D...you kind of are. U believe legal marriage should be redefined, I do not. Why is my contention, it not be redefined, "forcing my view on others, but your contention, it should be redefined, not forcing one's view on others?
<quoted text>
Technically you are in an opposite sex marriage, or conjugal, as in husband and wife. Glad to hear you're not being forced into a SSM.
<quoted text>
As do I accept them as Americans. Technically they ALREADY HAVE the same rights and privileges as any other Americans. They simply don't want to exercise the rights in the same way.
<quoted text>
Truth, Justice, and the American way.....no wait that's Superman. Sigh....I too am a Patriot, Fins fan actually... Freedom and Justice are just as important to me. It doesn't mean everything is subjected to Orwellian concepts of "equality". Different situations, different solutions.
only a reich winger would look at gays being granted their civil rights, as dystopian.

your vision is narrow, oh so narrow.
endocannabanoid system

Anderson, CA

#184577 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 120,000 imposter relationships that everyone knows the minute they see any ONE of them is distinct from marriage.
Smile.
you are the kind of bigoted old fool who i think of, when major inroads to civil liberties are being made.....because i know you ARE unhappy about them......smirk!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#184578 Mar 25, 2013
fr KiMare:

>...Marriage can never describe a ss couple...<

Nope, untrue. My WIFE and I are a very happily-MARRIED lesbian FAMILY. We will celebrate our fifth WEDDING ANNIVERSARY the end of June.

Deal with it, and grow UP. Mommy wants her pots and pans back, now.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#184579 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless funny~!
Smile.
<quoted text>
Smile.
girl, you're on tear today. you must be sh1tting a brick about the Supreme Court hearings.

all this from a disgraced UCC pastor.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184580 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>
only a reich winger would look at gays being granted their civil rights, as dystopian.
Awwww..that's so clever, "reich winger", did you think of that all by yourself, or did the rest of the rainbow clubhouse help you out?

As the "....being granted their civil rights...", that ignores the fact that gays all ready have the same civil right as any other American, they simply don't like the way its exercised. A solution here would be to recognize different situations, different solutions.
your vision is narrow, oh so narrow.
As is yours, plus yours is narrow in all the colors of the rainbow, sparkle.:)

Location hidden

#184581 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
<quoted text>
you are the kind of bigoted old fool who i think of, when major inroads to civil liberties are being made.....because i know you ARE unhappy about them......smirk!
Children saying 'mom and dad' is bigoted.

That's like a gay telling us what girls like!

Snicker smile.

Location hidden

#184582 Mar 25, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
girl, you're on tear today. you must be sh1tting a brick about the Supreme Court hearings.
all this from a disgraced UCC pastor.
Only home runs.

I agree, the UCC is disgraced.

Smirk.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184583 Mar 25, 2013
http://familyfirst.org.nz/2013/03/former-dutc...

Former Dutch MP Admits Polygamy, Group Marriage Next

Posted by Bob on Friday, March 15, 2013

Media Release 15 March 2013
A former Dutch MP who was behind the first same-sex marriage legislation in the world, and brought to NZ by supporters of the same-sex marriage bill to make a submission to the Select Committee, has admitted that group marriages of three or more people is the next step.

In a video interview with a French online gay magazine, Boris Dittrich, a former Dutch MP and gay activist now working for Human Rights Watch, said the redefinition of marriage has led to discussions of allowing group marriages of three or more persons.“But that’s the beginning of something completely new.” He acknowledged that this next step “will take a lot of years.” Netherlands was the first country in the world to allow same-sex marriage, in 2001.

He said that in the countries where it has been created, legislators pushing for gay “marriage” started the process by promising that “civil partnerships” were as far as it would go, and that marriage would remain untouched – the exact same promises made in NZ in 2004.“We thought it might be psychologically better to first introduce registered partnerships,” and that once “people got used to the idea that two men or two women went to the municipality, had their relationship recognised by the law. And people called it a ‘gay marriage’…. So then the next step of marriage equality, and really being equal, was a logical step.”

He admitted the most effective wedge to bring the idea before the public was to “focus on the principles of equality and non-discrimination.”

“If the definition of marriage was extended to allow same-sex marriage, and only same-sex marriage, it could then be argued that we are discriminating against those seeking polygamous or group marriages – if all that matters is love and commitment. Why would discrimination against these loving adults be ok? They may be illegal now, but it wasn’t that long ago that same-sex marriage was illegal also, and we were told civil unions were sufficient and marriage wouldn’t be touched,” says Bob McCoskrie, National Director of Family First NZ.

Green activists in Australia have just established the Polyamory Action Lobby which is petitioning parliament to allow polygamous marriage. Two government studies released by Canada’s Justice Department in 2001 and 2006 recommended the decriminalisation of polygamy, with one arguing that the move was justified by the need to attract more skilled Muslim immigrants. The government has resisted the call, thus far.

In their 2006 statement “Beyond Same-Sex Marriage, A New Strategic Vision For All Our Families & Relationships,” more than 300 “LGBT and allied” scholars and advocates— including prominent Ivy League professors—called for legal recognition of sexual relationships involving more than two partners.

“NZ’ers need to know exactly where this same-sex marriage debate is heading,” says Mr McCoskrie.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#184584 Mar 25, 2013
What part of this post confused you?

Pietro Armando wrote:
Hmmmmmmm.......not quite. There's coital sexual intercourse, which is the act referenced regarding consummation of the marital relationship by husband and wife, and can result in conception. Anal intercourse is......well....just a pain in the arse. Remember if sex is a pain in the arse, you're doing it the wrong way.
Sorry VV, couldn't resist.:)
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Referenced where?
Is this a fedreal or state law?
Seriously Big D, you're unfamiliar with the word "consumate", as it relates to marriage? We both know that's not true.
I dont give a crap about any religon
Constipated huh? You should see a doctor about that. You seem very fixated on religion.
Which law mandates this for a marrage to be valid?
and dont talk about divorce, you can be divorced for no reason at all.
Did I state it was mandatory, or simply provide the definition?
I am asking where is the law that will automatically invalidate, against both parties wishes, a marrage that is not consumated in the way you are describing?
"In the way you are describing"? That's how a marriage is consumated, the first act of sexual intercourse, coitus, by husband and wife, you have children you must have consumated at one point.
I am pretty sure there isnt one, the government wont step in agains the wishes of a married couple and force them to devorce because they didnt have sex correctly ( according to you )
You're a trip Big D! Did I claim that? Noooooooo...but that doesn't stop you from claiming I did. It would be nice if you could put aside your secular pontificating for just a moment or two and have a conversation with out all of the "holier than thou"....no wait, I forgot, you're not a relgious person. Wellll...give it a shot.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#184585 Mar 25, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smile.
Nope, only imposter americans that want to deny freedom in the land of the free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take Back Santa Cruz counts 6,770 discarded nee... 3 hr John Colby 12
Fish meet grisly end at Santa Cruz harbor Dec 22 Curious Cat 9
Santa Cruz County Parks Commission recommends l... Dec 21 homeless person 17
Annieglass to open Santana Row shop, close down... Dec 7 ANON 2
Santa Cruz County homelessness partnership seek... Dec 5 John Colby 31
Help Wanted: Pajaro Valley seeks subs (Sep '08) Dec 4 quitebigbil 40
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Dec 4 Erick 4,806
Corralitos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web