Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#232545 Sep 10, 2014
Cali Girl 2014dal ct wrote:
<quoted text>
That's untrue! You are born with
no knowledge of God, true. But
to say when you are born an Atheist
or non believer, is BS. How can you
say that, when you are born with no
knowledge of anything, let alone
being a Christian or Atheist!
Please read your own confusing contradictory words. An Atheist is someone who does not believe in God and you admit that when we are all born we lack any knowledge of God. Therefore by your own words, we are all born Atheists.

You just attach a lot of baggage to the word Atheist that doesn't belong.

All knowledge of God comes from people telling us God exists. It is all hearsay. If there was such a thing as God it would be a simple thing to prove it. Yet it can't be proven, you just have to believe it, or not.

Why do you hate me for not believing your God exists? I don't hate you because you do not believe in the Pink Unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Location hidden

#232546 Sep 10, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not here to write a book. Each verse should be read from the book it is in as a whole. Many times people have explained the meaning and you ignore it and go on to the next verse. Just to explain one of these verses might take a long response. Do you understand why people don't want to do that with you? This topic is not about getting you off on your hate. Nobody is trying to convert you, show some respect for others.
I understood that if you could refute me, you would not be able to type fast enough to do so. Therefore the only logical conclusion is that you can't. I am fully verses in the artistic deception of apologetics and I am not interested in discussing any thing like, "well it could have been", "what God might be saying is..." etc.

What is the point in dealing with 'could have' and 'might'?

Do you read the Bible to children?

Deut. 23:1-2 "He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. A bastard shall not enter ..."

2 Kings 18:27 "... that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you."

Prov. 5:19 "... let her breasts satisfy thee at all times;..."

Location hidden

#232547 Sep 10, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>She never said America is Christian country. atheism is the rejection of theism, or the idea of the existence of god/gods. Thatís really it. To be an atheist (that is, to reject the concept of the supernatural or divine) one must first be capable of comprehending what the supernatural or divine is; we need to have an understanding of theism in order to decide that it is worth rejecting. Such a mental process is beyond that of an infant, and runs contrary to the idea of tabula rasa (the blank slate).
In short, babies cannot be atheists. Because babies cannot comprehend the idea of a theist in order to add the Ďaí to it.
We are not born anything.
You are as inconsistent as she is. You have this baggage attached to the word Atheist which prevents you from agreeing with me while at the same time agreeing with me. Just look at your post.

We are born something but we are not born believing in anything. Atheism is a lack of beliefs, the word you should start using, if you wish to be accurate is Anti-theist, which is what I am.

I was born an Atheist like all people are, and your mommy told you there was a God and you believed her. When I was told there was a God I didn't like the people telling me that and I became an Anti-theist. Anti-theism is the belief that there is no such thing as God.

Words mean things and if you can't use them correctly then why should I respond to you?

Song 1:13 "A bundle of myrrh is my well beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts."

Song 4:5 "Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies."

Song 8:10 "I am a wall, and my breasts like towers:..."

Location hidden

#232548 Sep 10, 2014
Sgt Peppers wrote:
Awe contrare. You are a born idiot. A Christian is a person who suspects that somewhere, somebody might be enjoying themselves, and they must be found and stopped.
I find that to be both objective and accurate. Good post.

Location hidden

#232549 Sep 10, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:1-5 (NASB)
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
If the heavens and the earth need a creator, then who created God? And if God can always have existed then so can the Universe have always existed with out any creator.

The question of whether or not the Bible is scientifically valid has been debated for hundreds of years by critics and supporters alike. Biblicists have contended the book not only supports science but contains many statements that are ahead of their time. The Bible supposedly has great scientific wisdom and only now are we beginning to realize as much. Critics, such as myself, believe the Bible is its own worst enemy. From our perspective there are more than enough statements contained therein to forestall any claims to scientific precision. Indeed, many statements clearly belong in the realm of mythology and folklore, while others are simply false. Some are so vague it's difficult to know what is meant, so naturally, biblicists choose the more scientifically oriented interpretation. Those believing the Bible to be scientifically precise and wise beyond its years should read, digest, and remember the following assertions contained within its covers:

The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).
Maximus Vacavillius

Alamo, CA

#232550 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If the heavens and the earth need a creator, then who created God? And if God can always have existed then so can the Universe have always existed with out any creator.
The question of whether or not the Bible is scientifically valid has been debated for hundreds of years by critics and supporters alike. Biblicists have contended the book not only supports science but contains many statements that are ahead of their time. The Bible supposedly has great scientific wisdom and only now are we beginning to realize as much. Critics, such as myself, believe the Bible is its own worst enemy. From our perspective there are more than enough statements contained therein to forestall any claims to scientific precision. Indeed, many statements clearly belong in the realm of mythology and folklore, while others are simply false. Some are so vague it's difficult to know what is meant, so naturally, biblicists choose the more scientifically oriented interpretation. Those believing the Bible to be scientifically precise and wise beyond its years should read, digest, and remember the following assertions contained within its covers:
The bat is a bird (Lev. 11:19, Deut. 14:11, 18);
Some fowls are four-footed (Lev. 11:20-21);
Some creeping insects have four legs.(Lev. 11:22-23);
Hares chew the cud (Lev. 11:6);
Conies chew the cud (Lev. 11:5);
Camels don't divide the hoof (Lev. 11:4);
The earth was formed out of and by means of water (2 Peter 3:5 RSV);
The earth rest on pillars (1 Sam. 2:8);
The earth won't be moved (1Chron. 16:30);
A hare does not divide the hoof (Deut. 14:7);
The rainbow is not as old as rain and sunshine (Gen. 9:13);
A mustard seed is the smallest of all seeds and grows into the greatest of all shrubs (Matt. 13:31-32 RSV);
Turtles have voices (Song of Sol. 2:12);
The earth has ends or edges (Job 37:3);
The earth has four corners (Isa. 11:12, Rev. 7:1);
Some 4-legged animals fly (Lev. 11:21);
The world's language didn't evolve but appeared suddenly (Gen. 11:6-9; and
A fetus can understand speech (Luke 1:44).
Off topic.

God is alive and with us!

Gen 1:1 contains all we need to know: 1. in the beginning, God created heaven and earth.

Amen and Amen!

Location hidden

#232551 Sep 10, 2014
Maximus Vacavillius wrote:
<quoted text>Off topic.
God is alive and with us!
Gen 1:1 contains all we need to know: 1. in the beginning,
(1) "And God said, Let there be light" (Gen. 1:3) and "...And the evening and the morning were the first day" (Gen. 1:5), versus "And God said,'Let there be light in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night....' "And God made two lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.... And the evening and morning were the fourth day" (Gen. 1:14-19).
(a) God created light on the first day; yet there were no moon, sun or stars until the fourth day;
(b) how could it be known when the first three days ended if there was no sun until the fourth day?; and
(c) How could morning be distinguished from evening, if the sun and the moon were yet to be created?

(2) "And God said,'Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yeilding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind.... And the evening and the morning were the third day" (Gen. 1:11-13), versus "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also" (Gen. 1:16), and "the evening and the morning were the fourth day" (Gen. 1:19). Vegetation was created on the third day; yet there was no sun for the photosynthesis until the fourth day.

(3) " In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen. 1:1), and"... the evening and the morning were the first day" (Gen.1:5), versus "And God made two great lights; and the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also" (Gen. 1:16) and the evening and the morning were the fourth day" (Gen. 1:19).
(a) According to biblical "science", the earth was created 3 days before the sun, the moon and the stars;
(b) Scientists say there are many stars whose light takes millions of years to reach the earth. How, then, could they be 6,000 to 8,000 years old as many Christians allege?

(4) "And God said,'Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind...' And the evening and the morning were the third day" (Gen. 1:11-13), versus "And God said,'Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life... And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly.... And the evening and the morning were the fifth day" (Gen.1:20-23). Genesis says that life existed first on the land as plants and later the seas teemed with living creatures. Geological science says that the sea teemed with animals and vegetable life long before life appeared on land.

(5) " So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds,and every winged bird according to its kind.... And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day" (Gen. 1:21-23 RSV). Geological science says fishes appeared long before the birds. They were not created during the same day or period.

(6) "And God created...every winged fowl after his kind...." (Gen. 1-21) and "And the evening and the morning were the fifth day" (Gen. 1:23), versus "And God made the beast of the earth... and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind...." (Gen. 1-25), and "... the evening and the morning were the sixth day" (Gen. 1:31). Science says creeping reptiles appeared on the earth before the fowl, not afterwards.

(7) "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, the beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made...every thing that creepth upon the earth after his kind...." (Gen. 1:24-25). Science contends that reptiles were created long before mammals, not simultaneously. While reptiles existed in the Carboniferous Age, mammals did not appear until the close of the Reptilian Age.

Location hidden

#232552 Sep 10, 2014
(8) "And God said,'Let the water bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven" (Gen. 1:20). Birds did not emerge from water.

(9) "So God created man in his own image,...male and female created he them" (Gen. 1:27), and "the evening and the morning were the sixth day" (Gen. 1:31). If Adam was created on the 6th day, approximately 6,000 years ago (Bishop Usher's calculations), then nobody lived before 4,000 B.C. Prehistoric men would be fictitious. By tracing the genealogy of Jesus back 77 generations to Adam, the third chapter of Luke also supports belief in a very young earth. If each man had lived approximately 100 years, then the world would be no more than 9,684 (7,700 + 1984) years old. If each of Jesus' ancestors had lived to be 1,000 years old (an age not even reached by Methuselah), the earth would still be only 78,984 (77,000 + 1984) years old, according to creationists.

(10) "And to every beast of the earth, and every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so" (Gen. 1:30). Carnivorous beasts and fowl do not eat green herbs.

(11) "And God saw everything that he had made...." (Gen. 1:31) and "on the seventh day God ended his work" (Gen. 2:2). Scientifically speaking, unless God had male organs or attributes, it is difficult to see how God could be masculine.

(12) "And out of the ground the Lord formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and bought them to Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof" (Gen. 2:19). Environmentally speaking, how could every living creature be brought to any spot in the Middle East or elsewhere without many animals dying because of climatic changes and other factors?

(13) "And Lord God said unto the serpent,'Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt eat all the days of thy life'..." (Gen. 3:14). If the serpent was a snake, snake-like, or reptilian in character and condemned to crawl upon its belly, how did it move before? And does science know of any serpent that eats dust?
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232553 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>To be a Christian one must be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial church mouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

I have never seen a real Christian.
Yes,you have!
Revlon

La Puente, CA

#232554 Sep 10, 2014
Rollies are better than tootie pop.
1212fell

Berryville, AR

#232555 Sep 10, 2014
To go Biblical for a few minutes, there are always the BIGOTS that hide behind the sanctity of their marriage vows to their wives, then go ahead and enjoy being pleasured by other men. Thus,
it ever was (even in the Roman days).
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232556 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>To be a Christian one must be extremely poor--as poor as the proverbial church mouse. The Bible makes this quite clear:

"...none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up everything he has" Luke 14:33
"If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor and you will have riches in heaven" Matt. 19:21
"Sell your possessions and give alms" Luke 12:33
"But give what is in your cups and plates to the poor, and everything will be clean for you" Luke 11:41
"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt,.... But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven.... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Matt. 6:19-21
"How hardly shall they that have riches enter to the kingdom of God" Mark 10:23
"Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God" Matt. 19:23-24
A certain ruler told Jesus that he had obeyed all the commandments from his youth up. But, Jesus said, "Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me" Luke 18:22, Mark 10:21

I have never seen a real Christian.
Then you're blind!
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232557 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Please read your own confusing contradictory words. An Atheist is someone who does not believe in God and you admit that when we are all born we lack any knowledge of God. Therefore by your own words, we are all born Atheists.

All knowledge of God comes from people telling us God exists. It is all hearsay. If there was such a thing as God it would be a simple thing to prove it. Yet it can't be proven, you just have to believe it, or not.

Why do you hate me for not believing your God exists? I don't hate you because you do not believe in the Pink Unicorn or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Who said I hate you? Don't put words
in my mouth. I was taught, that if u
don't have anything nice to say STFU!
Pretty hard here where everyone
thinks they are king.. LOL

Location hidden

#232558 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes,you have!
Liar. When you sell your computer and give the money to the poor, then I will believe you are a real and true Bible believing Christian, until then you are just a pew warmer.
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232559 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Please read your own confusing contradictory words. An Atheist is someone who does not believe in God and you admit that when we are all born we lack any knowledge of God. Therefore by your own words, we are all born Atheists.

"Babies" are not Atheists.... You don't
make sense. An Atheist is someone
who doesn't believe in a higher power!
A baby is born with no knowledge,
only instinct! Therefore, I call BS on
that!

Location hidden

#232560 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Then you're blind!
When Jesus commands you to do something and you give him the finger you are the one with a problem, not me.

I see clearly that you are NOT a Christian, you are a pretend one, a fake, someone who says they are a Christian but who hasn't a clue what you must to do actually be one. You are only deceiving yourself. You sure as hell won't deceive me.

Location hidden

#232561 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Who said I hate you? Don't put words
in my mouth. I was taught, that if u
don't have anything nice to say STFU!
Pretty hard here where everyone
thinks they are king.. LOL
The Bible is quite contradictory about what is required to be a Christian.

Location hidden

#232562 Sep 10, 2014

Location hidden

#232563 Sep 10, 2014
<quoted text>
"Babies" are not Atheists.... You don't
make sense. An Atheist is someone
who doesn't believe in a higher power!
A baby is born with no knowledge,
only instinct! Therefore, I call BS on
that!
You do not know what an Atheist is. You do not know what atheism is. Find out and then talk to me. We are all born atheists. You do not know what that means.
Cali Girl 2014dal ct

Murrieta, CA

#232564 Sep 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>When Jesus commands you to do something and you give him the finger you are the one with a problem, not me.

I see clearly that you are NOT a Christian, you are a pretend one, a fake, someone who says they are a Christian but who hasn't a clue what you must to do actually be one. You are only deceiving yourself. You sure as hell won't deceive me.
First of all, I don't talk about my
religion here. It's private. Your
interpretation of the Bible literally
is a way to make it seem evil. Yes,
if I cheated on my husband, they
would stone me. I think the Bible
and the Constitution are outdated.
I believe in God, in spite of an
outdated book, and especially
after your meaningless post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Cruz housing crisis: More homes needed (Jul '14) 4 hr Buzz 9
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Thu CassH 4,849
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) Jun 19 MARIBEL 1,050
News PVUSD may ask county for $30M loan (Apr '08) May '17 Daddy 2 5
gilroy environmental concerns May '17 anonymo 1
News Darrell Flanagan: Watsonville Fire Department s... (Jun '09) Apr '17 Zephyrab 22
News In three years group collects 10,000 discarded ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 WooF 4

Corralitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corralitos Mortgages