Federal voting rights cited in Watsonville Council appointment lawsuit: Lawyers says plaintiffs s...

With arguments based on the federal Voting Rights Act and the separation of powers doctrine, as well as local and state codes, the city on Monday launched its fight against a lawsuit seeking to prevent Mayor Luis Alejo from voting on his successor. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
azitlan

Santa Cruz, CA

#42 Nov 23, 2010
same loser wrote:
lurkers spewing the same anti-latino drivel. Yes we get it...you want to go back to the "old days." What you well meaning but slack jawed yokels fail to realize is that Watsonville City Council is still under a federal court order that ultimatley prohibits disenfranchising voters in Mr. Alejo's district (or any distrcit for that matter). The Federal court ruled that Watsonville historically engaged in "racially polarized voting" (before you nutjob teabaggers become unglued I would invite you to read the court decision for yourself-if you can). The amateur attempt by Mr. Martinez (who is carrying water for his conservative buddies)invites a lawsuit and now we taxpayers have to pay for Mr. martinez' inability to read the federal court order. Shame on martinez for attempting to violate the federal court order so that we can go back to the days of "racially polarized voting."
Now we have 80% of the population of Watsonville,
Step aside gringo!
Senor true sel

Scotts Valley, CA

#44 Nov 23, 2010
corralitosres isaytoyou wrote:
dude you must get really tired defending emilio "i didn't get arrested" martinez. what's up with that ? He hasn't done anything for watsonville except cost the city money. Please read his articles. He sounds like a nutjob teabagger. This lawsuit is gonna blowup in his face.
\\

If not for Emilio, undocumented workers would not be allowed to have somebody pick up their cars when they get stopped...if not for Emilio you would not have any idea where your tax dollars are being spent....and if you don't like what Emilio writes, respond...but first learn to spell, or least learn how to spell check. Also, what has Alejo done for Watsonville.....well besides losing his home to foreclosure, and costing the city over 100K?
Judge Judy

Scotts Valley, CA

#45 Nov 23, 2010
corralitosres isaytoyou wrote:
dude you must get really tired defending emilio "i didn't get arrested" martinez. what's up with that ? He hasn't done anything for watsonville except cost the city money. Please read his articles. He sounds like a nutjob teabagger. This lawsuit is gonna blowup in his face.
Oh, Ok Judge Judy....where did you go to law school? SEIU? Simple Endless Ignorant University?
Judge Judy

Scotts Valley, CA

#46 Nov 23, 2010
corralitosres II wrote:
anyone with a pulse can get an investigator's license. Anyone who would leave an overtly violent and offensive message on his former employer's answering machine is unstable. Mr. Martinez has mistakenly raised a legal issue that will be resolved by a court of law. WE are a nation of laws. If you disagree with an opinion you are free to file a lawsuit and have a judge or jury hear your case. That's America. Just because this is yor right does not mean you should cause your poor local government to defend themselves from a nuisance value lawsuit. Apparently, Mr. Martinez "the millionaire" thinks he knows what is best for Mr. Alejo's district. We will find out when a judge rules on the case. Will you stop snivilin' when you lose or will you then say that the judge was wrong ? I think I know the answer.
It takes 2,000 hours of registered experience to get a PI license, have to pass a test, and pass a background check. Go to the Dept of California Consumer Affairs and try to get a license with your pulse, pendjeo! They will probably tell you that you did pass a test...for diabetes. I know..you will tell them you lost 30 lbs....look behind you, you will find them.
common sense centerville

AOL

#47 Nov 23, 2010
You poor wrote:
folks just don't get it and you never will. Living in a bubble may bring you some small comfort but it will not save you from reality. Your comments reveal a strong preference for conspiracies that do not exist and an alarming ignorance of Watsonville history as it relates to the Federal Voting Rights Court Order. It is online you can read for yourself (it you believe in conspiracies you won't bother reading it). Just because you believe Martinez is latino is simply irrelevant to this argument. He is a criminal who was arrested for making vile threats to his former employer and he is known in the community as someone who over indulges. Plan and simple.
You poor ignoramus. You are so easily led but that happens when a person is brainless, you can convince them of anything. Where did you get your info on Martinez being a criminal? Do you have the documents to prove he was even arrested? He made a dumb phone call and campos and his groupies had to dig pretty deep, at least 8-10 years to find the thing. There was no complaint filed nor was there an arrest but campos and his goonies did want to smear him with some mud. Funny how no one mentioned campos and his late night pillow talk on the phone with some 'friend' or 'friends.' As for Martinez, he played fair and it got him out of the running, but he was the better man. You must be hallucinating to think he is an overindulgent kind of guy. Maybe when you are trolling the bars your inebriated self only thinks you see someone who looks like Martinez. You Poor Jerk!
common sense centerville

AOL

#48 Nov 23, 2010
Publicitywhore wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is Martinez who is wasting taxpayer money by filing the lawsuit. He didn't get his way, so he goes crying to his millionaire sugar-daddy goon, Ken Adelman, so he can pay for his lawsuit. What a je.rk! How did this guy get into office anyway many ask? Oh yeah, backstabbing his best friend, Ed Din, to launch himself into his seat. That should tell you what kind of guy this is.
Because alejo has to have his way or he'll throw a tantrum, the suit was necessitated to put a jab to his ego. alejo is the most expensive mayor Watsonville has ever had and he is costing more and more each day. If his nasty ego was not so grande, he would not have argued over a simple word like 'vacancy.' Who in the hay is din and I don't think you've got the story right, it was din who was the one holding the knife and doing the back stabbing. Get your facts straight and open your eyes so you'll see the little napoleon for what he is, a manipulator who uses people to get where he wants to go and watch out because he can be ruthless. Oh that's right, he doesn't do the dirty work, he gets his little soldiers to take care of the people who don't idolize him.
common sense centerville

AOL

#49 Nov 23, 2010
azitlan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we have 80% of the population of Watsonville,
Step aside gringo!
Hey azitlan, but how many of that 80% are here legally? If ICE came in I'll bet the percentage rate would drop drastically! It amazes me how you supposedly latino persons are causing so much trouble for your own people. We don't appreciate that. We came here to work hard and raise our families. We don't want to torment anyone and we don't want anyone to think they are fighting for us. We'll take care of ourselves so go back into the cave from which you crawled and let us live our own lives. We don't need you to defend us to anybody.
Goodnight

Fremont, CA

#50 Nov 24, 2010
To common sense centerville, I Was There, BooooYaaaaa, and other sane posters: Quite trying to out insult the Brown Beret & other Alejo butt buddies posting here and get some sleep. You probably have a real job to get to tomorrow, while they'll just be dozing off in some taxpayer funded trough feeder position, or sniffing tricycle seats at the Bike Shack.
BoooooYaaaaa

Poway, CA

#51 Nov 24, 2010
True Self wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound like a sensitive nerve was hit with Emilio Martinez on this one. He doesn't have the courage to put his name to his post above and has to defend that he has such a hard job. But he is such a good investigator that he has been unemployed for years. Sounds like a winner. No wonder if got so few votes for his lousy attempt at becoming a supervisor. No one takes him seriously, especially when his has one too many cocktails.
FYI I am not Emilio Martinez.=) It is called Google search... you can do it. Well if you can't do it then maybe you can ask one of your friends to just Google for you "how to become a privet investigator in the State of California." Good news for you is that google auto spell checks for you... so you should have no problems.

And for the record... if you did not need to work cause you had enough money to own a boat in harbor and fish all day wouldn't you? Just because you do not have the luxury does not mean you need to put people down for it.

Ps it is not called unemployed it is called retired. You can also Google search that if needed.
Steve Hartman

AOL

#52 Nov 24, 2010
You poor wrote:
folks just don't get it and you never will. Living in a bubble may bring you some small comfort but it will not save you from reality. Your comments reveal a strong preference for conspiracies that do not exist and an alarming ignorance of Watsonville history as it relates to the Federal Voting Rights Court Order. It is online you can read for yourself (it you believe in conspiracies you won't bother reading it). Just because you believe Martinez is latino is simply irrelevant to this argument. He is a criminal who was arrested for making vile threats to his former employer and he is known in the community as someone who over indulges. Plan and simple.
A preference for conspiracies? Well of course there's a conspiracy. This Alejo action is not about a voice for the district, it about keeping control of the council majority so that Alejo, can in effect, keep Watsonville under a ruling thumb.

Just because a person screams "conspiracy" doesn't mean you should automatically discount the person's cries. Besides, there appear to really be a one or more wolves in the city.
common sense centerville

AOL

#53 Nov 26, 2010
Goodnight wrote:
To common sense centerville, I Was There, BooooYaaaaa, and other sane posters: Quite trying to out insult the Brown Beret & other Alejo butt buddies posting here and get some sleep. You probably have a real job to get to tomorrow, while they'll just be dozing off in some taxpayer funded trough feeder position, or sniffing tricycle seats at the Bike Shack.
Hey, Goodnight. I am getting tired and work does call me early. I've found you can't rationalize with an idiot or idiots. They are under the alejo spell and nothing will knock the junk out of their addled brains. Martinez can take care of himself. He studies and does research so unlike the ignoramuses who post here for alejo. As a matter of fact, all alejo had to agree to was that if the word 'vacancy' would work for him, then all the other council members should be entitled to do the same; name their own successors. alejo adamantly refused because it was HIS thing and he didn't want any other council member privvy to the same benefit. So now tell me why anyone should not have sued alejo or the city on that basis. G'nite.
common sense centerville

AOL

#54 Nov 27, 2010
Jim Grey wrote:
<quoted text>
The US Supreme Court Justices are the ones that decided it was a racial issue. That is why they required district elections. Is that American enough for you! The Good Ole Boy days are gone from Watsonville and are not coming back. Get over it and move on or move out.
It was once a racial issue but times have changed, demographics have changed as one council member stated. As such, maybe it is time to do the reverse discrimination action. This has nothing to do with the good ole boys days instead it is about fair representation for all the people. Now that the supposed populatioon is 80% hispanics, maybe all non hispanics are feeling a little smothered by the nasty politics aimed at them. Either you play fair or you don't play at all and the local government leaders should be intelligent and professional enough to realize that.
I Was There

San Jose, CA

#55 Nov 30, 2010
Goodnight wrote:
Thanks Goodnight, for the wise words. Like my late Father always said "Never play leapfrog with a unicorn." Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
common sense centerville

AOL

#56 Nov 30, 2010
You poor wrote:
See now, you haven't moved away from all the nasty racism that you claim drove all you hispanics to this point in time. You are no better than any of the racists that prevailed before. You are so ignorant in believing whatever some little ignoramus filled your brain with about Martinez being arrested. Get it straight, the man was never arrested! As for his 'over indluging,' again, where did you hear that? Have you been witness to all these stupid scenarios you are making?
The only solution to any racial issue is to forget the color of a person's skin and think of them as a human being. Of course there are good and bad in every nationality. It is when someone goes into a position of power with the attitude that they will make someone pay for the past discriminations. It is an 'either them or us' attitude that gets the emotions on both sides riled up and then nothing every changes except the color of the people in charge. This is not 'freedom' of any kind. It is obvious you follow the lead of the little napoleon and others follow the lead of our watchdog Martinez.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Hello 5,067
any cheap room in watsonville? 7 hr Halin 3
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 7 hr pies 15,993
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr ploppers 200,936
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon GOP bull 2,265
Santa Cruz police crack large commercial burgla... (Sep '08) Sep 13 vidcolax 83
Stroking for milf jiggers in east highland Sep 13 Hardasfuck 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Santa Cruz County was issued at September 16 at 2:56AM PDT

•••
•••
Corralitos Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Corralitos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••