Tina Baine, DIY: Dia de los Muertos: A day for the living

There are 3 comments on the Oct 23, 2010, Santa Cruz Sentinel story titled Tina Baine, DIY: Dia de los Muertos: A day for the living. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

I was fortunate enough to attend dancer/choreographer Tandy Beal's multimedia presentation "HereAfterHere" last month at Cabrillo College, which attempts to "imagine the unimaginable" in exploring the question, "What happens after we die?" The performance explored the topic of death not only through spell-binding, thought-provoking dance, video, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Multicult Silliness

United States

#1 Oct 23, 2010
Let me get this straight.

The millenia-old Celtic tradition of Samhain and other ancient European cultural rites that occurred on or about the time we call Halloween (All Hallows Eve) were inspired by Aztec legends?

Yeah, right.
Margie

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Oct 23, 2010
I don't think that's what was meant -- just that both cultures have cultural rites that honor the ancestors.
abc

Monterey, CA

#3 Oct 26, 2010
Actually, the original festivities of Dia de los Muertos occured in what is now the month of August

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crime victims rally in Santa Cruz 4 hr The Parrot 10
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) Apr 22 Dan 832
News Capitola Freight & Salvage to close at end of May Apr 20 ella seneres 1
Review: Round Table Pizza Apr 19 Round Table Pizza 1
Review: Dollar General Apr 19 Dollar General 1
News Watsonville, Santa Cruz councils approve plan t... Apr 15 Reality Check 3
News 25 years later, Downtown Farmers Market still g... Apr 14 Donny B 2
More from around the web

Corralitos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE