Tina Baine, DIY: Dia de los Muertos: ...

Tina Baine, DIY: Dia de los Muertos: A day for the living

There are 3 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Oct 23, 2010, titled Tina Baine, DIY: Dia de los Muertos: A day for the living. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

I was fortunate enough to attend dancer/choreographer Tandy Beal's multimedia presentation "HereAfterHere" last month at Cabrillo College, which attempts to "imagine the unimaginable" in exploring the question, "What happens after we die?" The performance explored the topic of death not only through spell-binding, thought-provoking dance, video, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Multicult Silliness

United States

#1 Oct 23, 2010
Let me get this straight.

The millenia-old Celtic tradition of Samhain and other ancient European cultural rites that occurred on or about the time we call Halloween (All Hallows Eve) were inspired by Aztec legends?

Yeah, right.

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Oct 23, 2010
I don't think that's what was meant -- just that both cultures have cultural rites that honor the ancestors.

Monterey, CA

#3 Oct 26, 2010
Actually, the original festivities of Dia de los Muertos occured in what is now the month of August

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pacific Heights at 6900 Victoria Ave. Highland,... Mar 20 Pacific Heights H... 34
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) Mar 19 maribel 1,281
News Oscar Rios' Accusers Speak, As He Resigns Mar 11 Guadalupe 5
News Alleged gang member Manuel Rosas charged with m... (Dec '09) Mar 8 Waynes mom 4
News Aptos firefighter rewarded for saving teen: Cap... (Jan '10) Feb 27 Inlixity 13
News ICE arrests Salvadoran man heading to work in W... Feb 20 Ricardo 6
News Police: Newspaper publisher not behind racist V... Feb '18 Allen 1

Corralitos Jobs

Personal Finance

Corralitos Mortgages