Benefit farm dinner planned for Aptos market vendor who lost arm in...

Ken Kimes has been missed the past two weeks. His upper-level spot at the Aptos Farmers Market at Cabrillo College, where for 20 years he's answered questions on his sprouts, wheatgrass and mushrooms, has been sitting empty. Full Story
Native Girl

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2010
Please plan to attend the fundraisers for Ken. It is tragic when we have a serious farm accident and medical bills pile up. I know he appreciates any help during this difficult time.
TomT

Oakland, CA

#2 Sep 1, 2010
I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. I hope the recovery is going well. Hopefully I will be able to make it to the farmer's market to contribute. Thank you for growing the food we eat :)
bikerscum

San Jose, CA

#3 Sep 1, 2010
Ken and his wife are wonderful folks. So sorry to hear of this accident. I hate when bad things happen to good people! Glad to hear of the fundraisers and hope they are wildly successful!
where is it

Los Gatos, CA

#4 Sep 1, 2010
how does one lose ones arm with an Auger? Heavy machinery is scary…
I'd like to visit the farm if I knew where it was, the article just says:
WHERE: Private farm in Corralitos
former resident

Media, PA

#5 Sep 2, 2010
I'm shocked and saddened by this terrible news. Ken and Sandra are good folks and don't deserve this. Best wishes on overcoming this situation.
hopeful

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Sep 16, 2010
Good luck, Ken. Folks, let's chip in and cover all his medical expenses plus more!
Boulder Bob

Menlo Park, CA

#7 Sep 16, 2010
I can't help remembering the experience of a friend of mine in his fifties with no health insurance who wound up in the hospital for a couple days. He settled all his bills for an average of 40% of what was asked (which also happens to be the national average for uninsured medical bills). For the first one or two he offered somewhat more and gradually began offering less. When he got down to 20% or 30%, they called him nasty names, but still accepted what he offered as payment in full.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Cruz Sheriff deputy vehicle involved in a... Sat Craig Hernandez 1
Santa Cruz County unemployment 6.4 percent in O... Sat Get a job ColbyLOSER 7
Calif. Minimum Wage Could Grow to Highest in U.S. (Jun '13) Nov 17 Go Blue Forever 13
Prime Healthcare: Track record bodes ill for O'... Nov 15 Citzen without Hate 2
Capitola Mall owner pursuing luxury shopping ve... Nov 12 Juan 10
Cops and Courts: Sept. 13, 2008 (Sep '08) Nov 11 Oh just me 53
Claudia Grossi: Here are some ways to improve W... Nov 9 I am sorry 3
Corralitos Dating
Find my Match

Corralitos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corralitos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corralitos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:24 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:24PM
Grades for Redskins vs. 49ers
NBC Sports 8:35 PM
Will San Francisco make a run in NFC West?
Bleacher Report 8:48 PM
Will Offensive Woes Cost 49ers a Playoff Spot?
Bleacher Report 9:01 PM
It May Be 'Torture', but 49ers Win Again
Bleacher Report10:14 PM
49ers Can't Afford Poor Offensive Play Versus Seahawks in Week 13