New candidates file for county school...

New candidates file for county school board seats vacated by incumb...

There are 5 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Aug 11, 2010, titled New candidates file for county school board seats vacated by incumb.... In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Trustees on six county school boards are not seeking re-election on Nov. 2, and several newcomers have come forward to fill those seats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

PVUSD parent

Watsonville, CA

#1 Aug 11, 2010
I am SO glad to see Kim DeSerpa running for the PVUSD school board! The District needs new energy and creativity and Kim will bring both. She is a huge proponent for the North Zone schools and will work tirelessly to make sure they get their fair share. Go Kim!
Alicia

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Aug 11, 2010
Can someone explain what is going on in Scotts Valley? Why is Big Bub running and what is up with their superintendent?
Raging Local

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Aug 11, 2010
Art Bubb hangs out at the Mint and someone talked him into it?
Damari

AOL

#4 Aug 13, 2010
Ask Jeff Ursino why he did this?
Regarding the following statement
"Jeff Ursino believes parents should play a more active role in Pajaro Valley schools, and with one son entering Aptos Junior High and another kindergarten at Rio del Mar Elementary, he's making his move."
Yet he fired me for putting my daughters needs first. I had told him that my daughter had been followed home one day and that I needed to be there for her after school and on weekends. We even filed a police report. I told him how many sex offenders lived within 1/2 a mile of my house, but he just didn't care. My hours were changed from 5p.m. to 3 p.m., by the previous manager, although Jeff tried to take credit for that. One of Jeffs ideas was for me to bring my daughter to work and put her in the back room to watch videos, wow. But that was never approved by his boss, not to mention the liability to the employer. Before you vote, understand that while I was out ill,due to stress, anxiety and blood pressure issue, due to Jeff bullying me and threating me with "job abandoment" yet I had doctors notes not to go to work but he wrote me up for not going to work, Jeff never called to see how I was doing, but when he fired me via UPS, in that envelope he included my doctors note which was faxed into him the day prior. He claims that he called me to see if I was coming in , yet the faxed in doctors note clearly stated that I would be out untill the 16th. He fired me on the 13th. And I still have all of these papers and letter from Jeff Ursino. Tax payers need to know who they are voting for. How does Jeff feel about bullying in the school system? Or the work place?
Damari

AOL

#5 Oct 18, 2010
PVUSD parent wrote:
I am SO glad to see Kim DeSerpa running for the PVUSD school board! The District needs new energy and creativity and Kim will bring both. She is a huge proponent for the North Zone schools and will work tirelessly to make sure they get their fair share. Go Kim!
Hope Jeff Ursino doesnt bully her the way he did me, may he be fair and equal to all the board members and this time do his homework before he just reacts out of hatred, good luck Kim, keep him in line and protect the children from his bad choices

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) May 21 MARIBEL 1,035
News PVUSD may ask county for $30M loan (Apr '08) May 17 Daddy 2 5
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) May 10 Well Well 4,846
gilroy environmental concerns May 9 anonymo 1
News Darrell Flanagan: Watsonville Fire Department s... (Jun '09) Apr '17 Zephyrab 22
News Father on drugs when he shot daughter, himself ... Apr '17 Sirena 1
News Missing cat travels 2600 miles, reunites with o... Apr '17 meow 1

Corralitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corralitos Mortgages