Cops and Courts: Oct. 20, 2010

Oct 20, 2010 Read more: Santa Cruz Sentinel 68
A flatbed truck carrying thousands of apples crashed into a small office and a house on Freedom Boulevard Monday morning, destroying the front of the house, the California Highway Patrol reported. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mountainboy

Denver, CO

#1 Oct 20, 2010
"A 12-year-old boy was hit by a car on Tuesday while walking in a crosswalk"

Too many a A's in this yarn. A - 12 year-old, A - car, A - crosswalk.... Not that hard to get an address for the incident when you KNOW the investigation goes on for quite a while at the scene. We know it was somewhere in Aptos... unless that's a typo.
Reginald Aquafart

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 Oct 20, 2010
"The truck blew through a wooden privacy fence then caromed off the side...." To whomever wrote this, you're supposed to be a journalist, not a blogger. The truck CRASHED, it did not BLOW. This is something I would expect to hear quoted from a witness at the scene, not the person writing the article. Also, stay away from less commonly used words like "carom" which is a billiard or pool term.

The stab would guy is a gang banger dropout. He's lucky his wounds were not life-threatening.
Reginald Aquafart

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Oct 20, 2010
My bad. "Wound", not "would".
Whatever

San Jose, CA

#5 Oct 20, 2010
"He completely demolished the wall and part of the roof and the carport of the home," CHP spokeswoman Sarah Jackson said. The truck's front end had minor damage, Mitchell said." (referring to the 1972 Ford truck)

These were the days when Detroit built cars to last

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 20, 2010
So, the boy hit in the crosswalk was taken to a local hospital with moderate injuries???? What the hell happened to the chopper ride over the hill? Or, is that reserved for the gangbangers, homeless and other non productive citizens of Santa Cruz county...Johnny at the Harbor, just wondering.
Smartron

San Francisco, CA

#8 Oct 20, 2010
I second Whatever. Hits one building, takes out a carport and the wall of a house with minor damage to the truck? Just the fact that it is a 1972 Ford and still running is a shock. I mean, it clearly had not been being maintained.
loweroceanlocal

Longview, WA

#10 Oct 20, 2010
Reginald Aquafart wrote:
"The truck blew through a wooden privacy fence then caromed off the side...." To whomever wrote this, you're supposed to be a journalist, not a blogger. The truck CRASHED, it did not BLOW. This is something I would expect to hear quoted from a witness at the scene, not the person writing the article. Also, stay away from less commonly used words like "carom" which is a billiard or pool term.
The stab would guy is a gang banger dropout. He's lucky his wounds were not life-threatening.
i just wondered what caromed means. lol. but it actually does mean to strike and rebound. very interesting new word for me. yay, but i would agree that the word is inappropriately applied here.
loweroceanlocal

Longview, WA

#11 Oct 20, 2010
Johnnybitchin wrote:
So, the boy hit in the crosswalk was taken to a local hospital with moderate injuries???? What the hell happened to the chopper ride over the hill? Or, is that reserved for the gangbangers, homeless and other non productive citizens of Santa Cruz county...Johnny at the Harbor, just wondering.
if the boy had no wounds that could be life threatening, such as a cut near the major arteries of the legs, or internal injuries, stab wounds, he did not need to go. why do you have to use any excuse you can find to rant against homeless and other people that you seem to hate, this has nothing to do with any of them. you will be glad you get life flighted over the hill when it is your life that is at risk, or if it was a friend or relative of yours,
lowerocean at the longview, always a santa cruz local, havin' mighty long roots!
Ex Liberal

Chicago, IL

#12 Oct 20, 2010
"...The boy was struck at a low speed and officers consider the incident an accident, Schaeffer said."

Whew!!! We're certainly relieved to hear the officer didn't consider the action on the part of the driver to be that of intentionally striking the little boy which could elevate the drivers actions to a felony crime of attempted murder and the driver would have been booked into jail for said alleged criminal activity !
geographic inconsistency

San Jose, CA

#13 Oct 20, 2010
loweroceanlocal wrote:
lowerocean at the longview, always a santa cruz local, havin' mighty long roots!
Oh, really?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/santa-cruz-ca...
gosh

Oakland, CA

#14 Oct 20, 2010
It seems like a simple task...
who? what? where? when?
sickntiredinapto s

Fremont, CA

#15 Oct 20, 2010
Is that Corralitos driver's age listed correctly?
88?!! 88 years old and driving a flatbed truck loaded with apples? That's just plainly wrong; get this fella off the road!
He had insurance

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Oct 20, 2010
That's why he wasn't flown over the hill. Its a scam perpetuated between the hospital and the helicopter service.
Sweetz

Antioch, CA

#17 Oct 20, 2010
loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text> i just wondered what caromed means. lol. but it actually does mean to strike and rebound. very interesting new word for me. yay, but i would agree that the word is inappropriately applied here.
Yeah, I had to look it up, too. I thought it quite possible that the writer of this ridiculous missive meant to say "careened" or "careered".
Sweetz

Antioch, CA

#18 Oct 20, 2010
Johnnybitchin wrote:
An astute observation, Johnny.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#19 Oct 20, 2010
loweroceanlocal wrote:
<quoted text> if the boy had no wounds that could be life threatening, such as a cut near the major arteries of the legs, or internal injuries, stab wounds, he did not need to go. why do you have to use any excuse you can find to rant against homeless and other people that you seem to hate, this has nothing to do with any of them. you will be glad you get life flighted over the hill when it is your life that is at risk, or if it was a friend or relative of yours,
Dont know about the Hating" part of your comment,, but I gota tell ya, im sick of pablum puking liberals, Illegals, Homeless (by choice),thieves, rapists,gangbangers,hookers and frankly, ugly fat white women wearing clothes that has there big fat gut sticking out....did I miss anyone? Johnny at the Harbor, Thanking a Fan.
Curious

United States

#20 Oct 20, 2010
Johnnybitchin wrote:
Johnny you should know this by now chopper rides are reserved for those that our tax dollars cover so that CalStar will make sure they get their money. It kind of seams like instead of getting government grants the chopper companies make up for that by transporting every person that is covered by the state to get their peice of the pie.
loweroceanlocal

Longview, WA

#21 Oct 20, 2010
geographic inconsistency wrote:
posting a link that i did not write continually does not make it any more my link, i did not write that, and that poster is not me. are you so idiotic as to think that there is only one local from the ocean barson neighborhood??? give me a large break. lots of people grew up in that neighborhood. saying there is only one lower ocean local is as stupid as saying that there is only one local on the west side.
ohyeah

Santa Cruz, CA

#22 Oct 20, 2010
Sweetz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I had to look it up, too. I thought it quite possible that the writer of this ridiculous missive meant to say "careened" or "careered".
they only got a B- in their writing class, but hell, they are free (interns)
loweroceanlocal

Longview, WA

#23 Oct 20, 2010
Johnnybitchin wrote:
<quoted text>Dont know about the Hating" part of your comment,, but I gota tell ya, im sick of pablum puking liberals, Illegals, Homeless (by choice),thieves, rapists,gangbangers,hookers and frankly, ugly fat white women wearing clothes that has there big fat gut sticking out....did I miss anyone? Johnny at the Harbor, Thanking a Fan.
that sounded like a whole lot of hate to me, maybe you should get out on the open ocean and away from all them people you seem to hate,
loweroceanlocal tellin' johnny to get the fudge out of the harbor:p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Mar 29 Kevin 4,815
BRAND NEW Harbor Freight Store in highland Mar 27 Bob 3
News Barrios Unidos Founder's Grandson Pleads No Con... (Feb '12) Mar 19 m smith 15
News Watsonville police nab 37 suspected taggers (Apr '09) Mar 16 yungbueno 146
News More than 300 jam Santa Cruz job fair Feb '15 Buzz 14
News Santa Cruz water slide event plans nixed Feb '15 agitated at 2AM 2
News Aptos bike park demolished despite protest, equ... Feb '15 ANON 1
More from around the web

Corralitos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]