Despite accident, couple believe they...

Despite accident, couple believe they've been dealt 'winning hand'

There are 29 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Sep 6, 2010, titled Despite accident, couple believe they've been dealt 'winning hand'. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

It's going to take another six weeks before the bandages wrapped around the stump of Ken Kimes' right arm and the splint that encircles his left hand are removed, but until then, his wife says, she can do anything she wants with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
american pride

Santa Cruz, CA

#24 Sep 7, 2010
Even if dominican could handle it Would you let them ? Thay are responsible for killing and mayming more people than Jeffrey dahmer himself
mimiminou

Santa Cruz, CA

#25 Sep 7, 2010
When I'd been housebound by major depression for over a year, I slowly started getting out by going to the farmers market at Cabrillo on Saturday mornings. Ken was a bright spot on my weekly trip--he would listen and talk to me when I really needed a personal connection. I'm not a bit surprised by his upbeat attitude--I'm just hoping there's someting I can do to help...just as he helped me.
Dave

Daly City, CA

#26 Sep 8, 2010
amazing how some idiots here are defending the fee for this chopper ride .. totally brainwashed into thinking the US has the best medical system in the world! it's laughable to see this .. folks, we pay two to three more per capita than other 1st world nations, yet millions remain without & millions remain under insured .. greedy insurance companies, greedy politicians, greedy lawyers, greedy country club doctors, the big pharma biz ... the list goes on ... NO other country has a system like this, time to grow up and admit we got it wrong. Thanks Obama for NOTHING ... your "reform" is despicable
bluntsn40s

Santa Cruz, CA

#27 Sep 8, 2010
he's one hell of a guy... you gotta hand it to 'em.
the original curious cat

Watsonville, CA

#28 Sep 9, 2010
Dave wrote:
what???$30,000 ... this is insanity, how can this nation survive with medical costs like this ?
no other country in the world operates like this. sadly it will take bankruptcy for us to come to our senses & it's not far away ...$12 trillion & counting much more if we add in unfunded liabilities that the gov conveniently excludes.
why are American's so stupid to pay 2 to 3 times more for health care than other 1st world nations? millions remain with nothing and millions are one step away from bills like this one.
we don't have a 'health care system', we have a 'health care industry'. whenever industry take the place of government for essential services, everything costs more. there is too much profit incentive and no social utility incentive.
Dave

Daly City, CA

#30 Sep 9, 2010
the original curious cat wrote:
<quoted text>
we don't have a 'health care system', we have a 'health care industry'. whenever industry take the place of government for essential services, everything costs more. there is too much profit incentive and no social utility incentive.
not always true, gov can be grossly inefficient ....very often private companies run by smart entrepreneurs can be far more effective with providing services at a more reasonable price. France & Germany have a cost controlled semi private system..... we need to learn from them. you seriously want the gov to actually provide health care ? what have they done recently that would make you believe they could keep costs under control !
answer

Watsonville, CA

#31 Sep 9, 2010
Dave wrote:
what???$30,000 ... this is insanity, how can this nation survive with medical costs like this ?
no other country in the world operates like this. sadly it will take bankruptcy for us to come to our senses & it's not far away ...$12 trillion & counting much more if we add in unfunded liabilities that the gov conveniently excludes.
why are American's so stupid to pay 2 to 3 times more for health care than other 1st world nations? millions remain with nothing and millions are one step away from bills like this one.
Ask any gangbanger w/o insurance who has been stabbed about this.
the original curious cat

Watsonville, CA

#32 Sep 10, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
not always true, gov can be grossly inefficient ....very often private companies run by smart entrepreneurs can be far more effective with providing services at a more reasonable price. France & Germany have a cost controlled semi private system..... we need to learn from them. you seriously want the gov to actually provide health care ? what have they done recently that would make you believe they could keep costs under control !
i am open to hybrid models. but purely private health care is grossly inefficient. Cuba with government run healthcare is much more efficient and user friendly than the U.S.

here is more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_syst...
Dave

Daly City, CA

#33 Sep 12, 2010
the original curious cat wrote:
<quoted text>
i am open to hybrid models. but purely private health care is grossly inefficient. Cuba with government run healthcare is much more efficient and user friendly than the U.S.
here is more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_syst...
just look at the UK for a disastrous 100% gov run system ... admittedly if they funded more the model could work ... but as is it's horrible. The French & Germans have it on this one ...

it's all about cost control , the US gov would be incapable of that .. we have no concept of being responsible with tax dollars and we're now in the hole for $14T not including unfunded liabilities of $55T+

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women increasingly using meth to lose weight, p... (Feb '08) 5 hr Hey FAT Pat 8
News Adobe Animal Hospital, hit by recession, to clo... (Feb '10) May 17 ella seneres 92
To Luis Alejo Apr 30 Andy 1
News Suspected Hells Angels member arrested for ster... (Sep '10) Apr '16 Gene Pool 121
Review: Anderson Chiropractic Office - Marvin G... (Sep '10) Apr '16 Naive 4
News San Bernardino sues two water agencies over rec... Apr '16 Julie Jane 1
News Water rescue at Palm Beach near Watsonville Apr '16 Calilove23 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corralitos Mortgages