Vintage motorcycle show draws hundred...

Vintage motorcycle show draws hundreds to Capitola Mall

There are 33 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jun 28, 2010, titled Vintage motorcycle show draws hundreds to Capitola Mall. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Dale Bickford rode his 2008 Yamaha Raider S about 100 miles south of home in El Sobrante on Sunday, traveling with 15 buddies and taking Highway 1 along the coast when they could, to visit the vintage motorcycle show held in the parking lot of the Capitola Mall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GreatShow

AOL

#1 Jun 28, 2010
Great show but just wait till the tree huggers wake up around noon time and they'll slam this show just like the car show in Capitola a couple weeks ago. Take it with a grain of salt because they are all bark and no bite and its a Santa Cruz thing.
Grumpy 1

United States

#2 Jun 28, 2010
Vroom!Vroom!said the decrepit bikers as they adjusted their dentures and straddled their penis extensions."Let's go to the beach and make it miserable for everybody!"
Lucas

AOL

#3 Jun 28, 2010
The black bike with the jet engine is worth mentioning. Very impressive and LOUD. I got scared just listening to it. It seems like the Sentinel could have come up with more pictures considering they had a booth there.
Pat Kittle

Boulder Creek, CA

#4 Jun 28, 2010
I like motorcycles, and eccentricity can interesting, but the bike with the supertanker diesel engine was where I draw the line.
biker_no_mo

Lafayette, CA

#5 Jun 28, 2010
Great show! I really enjoy it every year, always makes me want to get the rusty heaps out of my shed and ride again. I don't, because all my rowdy friends have settled down and the wife will give me grief about my crash, and I'm too lazy so I don't. Talked to a relatively young guy with a bike older then him. No signals and no horn, no front brake. Bad idea. On a cycle, signals you can get by without, but helmet, front brake and horn are a must, as well as the middle finger.

“Is that u, John Wayne? ”

Since: Jul 08

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Jun 28, 2010
I remember when this show first started at the Cruz Car Wash and I dragged out the 68' RGM-Triumph racebike to put on display for the day. It's grown bigger and better every year with a range of classic rare and exotic motorcycles that would put the exhibit at the Guggenheim to shame.
Here For Now

Vallejo, CA

#7 Jun 28, 2010
Really? is it going on right now or did it already happen. I saw no dates in the article.
Comment

Newark, CA

#8 Jun 28, 2010
Here For Now wrote:
Really? is it going on right now or did it already happen. I saw no dates in the article.
It happened Sunday 10:00 to 4:00. Seemed smaller this year but still nice. And there was actually parking as compared to Woodies on the the Wharf.
triumph110

United States

#9 Jun 28, 2010
For more news stories on antique and vintage motorcycles see www.oldbikenews.com
Sparta

Denver, CO

#10 Jun 29, 2010
Grumpy 1 wrote:
Vroom!Vroom!said the decrepit bikers as they adjusted their dentures and straddled their penis extensions."Let's go to the beach and make it miserable for everybody!"
Funny...and so true. Most HD bikers aint got much hangin', that's why they insist on all the noise coming from those pathetic 60 hp S&S mills most bicyclers can outrun!

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Jun 30, 2010
Sparta wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny...and so true. Most HD bikers aint got much hangin', that's why they insist on all the noise coming from those pathetic 60 hp S&S mills most bicyclers can outrun!
You know, here I am not a Harley guy... But I'm looking at dyno charts for the S&S V-124 engine and it's showing figures of 138.8 horsepower at the rear wheel, and 123.6 ftlbs. of torque. http://www.sscycle.com/uploads/dyno/dyno-124-...

Yeah, it's nowhere near the level of power of the Gix1k puts out in my racebike, but still... it's nowhere near the 60hp you claim, by any means. I think we've determined who has the sexual insecurity issues.=D

I think, maybe... you might be full of s/-/1t on this one.
Sparta

Denver, CO

#12 Jul 1, 2010
Moike wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, here I am not a Harley guy... But I'm looking at dyno charts for the S&S V-124 engine and it's showing figures of 138.8 horsepower at the rear wheel, and 123.6 ftlbs. of torque. http://www.sscycle.com/uploads/dyno/dyno-124-...
Yeah, it's nowhere near the level of power of the Gix1k puts out in my racebike, but still... it's nowhere near the 60hp you claim, by any means. I think we've determined who has the sexual insecurity issues.=D
I think, maybe... you might be full of s/-/1t on this one.
Moike the moron! Since WHEN DOES HD PUT A 124" MILL INTO ONE ITS SCOOTS???? YOU IDIOT, The big S&S mills are installed in customs and semi customs such as Bourget and others, not Harley Davidson models. Do your homework before you prove your stupidity next time
Sparta

Denver, CO

#13 Jul 1, 2010
By the way, I do like some HD models, as I've said before...well...kinda HD (Buell and V-Rod models) and I'd love a turbo charged V-Rod to add to my NOSed, dual intake, hi-pro VTX (149hp and 159 lbs. torque with the juice) and my even brawnier Triumph Rocket 3 (TOR pipes, GI pro with ATRE, cat eleininator header, triple K&N custom intake, PC3; so far!!!) which tops 160 rwhp!!! Next year she gets a Rotrax blower to amp that hp up to around 230!!!!! Match that bud!!! Hell, I've seen Hayabusa's with over 500 ponies dude and built V-Maxes with over 400!!!!! No V-Twin can match these numbers pal.

“Can take a hit, and give one!”

Since: Feb 09

Colorado, New Mexico, Hawaii

#14 Jul 1, 2010
The biggest V-Twins, S&S 145's, Thug 160's and a precious few other monster V-Twins can top 200 horses with comparable torque; add a blower or turbo and you can crack another 60+ ponies optimally...still far short of what can be done with more pistons. Only the gargantuan Boss Hoss, and other V-8 bikes, can top the potential of these Japanese and Euro bikes. Maybe, too, Jay Leno's jet turbine bike:)

#15 Jul 1, 2010
Sparta wrote:
By the way, I do like some HD models, as I've said before...well...kinda HD (Buell and V-Rod models) and I'd love a turbo charged V-Rod to add to my NOSed, dual intake, hi-pro VTX (149hp and 159 lbs. torque with the juice) and my even brawnier Triumph Rocket 3 (TOR pipes, GI pro with ATRE, cat eliminator header, triple K&N custom intake, PC3; so far!!!) which tops 160 rwhp!!! Next year she gets a Rotrax blower to amp that hp up to around 230!!!!! Match that bud!!! Hell, I've seen Hayabusa's with over 500 ponies dude and built V-Maxes with over 400!!!!! No V-Twin can match these numbers pal.
Eliminate..to remove, dispose of, ditch...sorry!
I like Horse Power

Denver, CO

#16 Jul 1, 2010
All blow and no go: most vintage V-Twins. If you truly own a "race bike", moike, then we should have no argument. You should be aware of the limitations of air cooled, pushrod, dual jug motors. As for the ATTITUDES of many HD riders: these pretenders are well documented. I'm out.

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Jul 3, 2010
Sparta wrote:
<quoted text>
Moike the moron! Since WHEN DOES HD PUT A 124" MILL INTO ONE ITS SCOOTS???? YOU IDIOT, The big S&S mills are installed in customs and semi customs such as Bourget and others, not Harley Davidson models. Do your homework before you prove your stupidity next time
Dude, seriously... Reading comprehension is a problem with you. Go back and read what I quoted of -your own damn post- before you get all frothy mouthed sparky. I think you've been huffin' too much carb cleaner.

Santa Cruz, CA

#18 Jul 3, 2010
I like Horse Power wrote:
All blow and no go: most vintage V-Twins. If you truly own a "race bike", moike, then we should have no argument. You should be aware of the limitations of air cooled, pushrod, dual jug motors. As for the ATTITUDES of many HD riders: these pretenders are well documented. I'm out.
Well you are correct, Sir. My F1 Racebike has a water/oil cooled modern Suzuki (K7) dual overhead cam 1000cc powerplant that produces more than 200 horsepower at the rear wheel with a 64 bit electronically controlled engine management system that requires a laptop to load three dimensional fuel injection/ignition maps into it's ECU given the altitude, ambient temperature, and barometric pressure at any particular track I may be racing at.

It is the pinnacle of technology and is designed to produce nothing but pure horsepower at 14k RPM all day long reliably on 110 octane fuel to get me to the checkers first.

But, for fun... I love my air/oil cooled Ducati Streetfighter. With it's rooted in the mid-80's technology two-valve engine and measly 120 horsepower, flat slide carbs, and it's primary ability to convert fuel into noise and unburnt hydrocarbons and flames out the exhaust. It puts a smile on my face every time.

http://gallery.moike.net/gal/monster/IMG_1886...

That's a face only a mother could love. 14 years old and going strong.

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 Jul 3, 2010
Sparta wrote:
Hell, I've seen Hayabusa's with over 500 ponies dude and built V-Maxes with over 400!!!!! No V-Twin can match these numbers pal.
They wheelie good too... even in a full on vision obscuring downpour.=D

http://moike.net/irc-moto/wheelie-on-280-in-t...

And I've always loved the brakes on the 'busa.=D

http://moike.net/irc-moto/moike-safe.jpg

One of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden, I'd almost call it an "Old Man's Bike".

#20 Jul 3, 2010
Sparta wrote:
<quoted text>
moike...I've reread your strange post and you do seem to imply that these large S&S mills are HD bound. It's not my reading comprehension that is faulty, rather, it's your sub-par writing that confuses the issue. Your race bikes read impressively, however, despite your dismal writing abilities :) Happy Fourth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corralitos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vallejoa s a steampunka mayor swears in Chamber... 2 hr House4Sale 8
Review: Highland Meadows Apartments (Apr '11) Jan 19 John ColbyLoon 1,230
News Aptos man arrested for being 'prolific graffiti... (May '09) Jan 12 username 25
News PVUSD cuts $5.5 million (Feb '10) Jan 7 quien sabe 80
Thomas cole (May '15) Jan 5 Mr Tony St Marshal 2
Royal Liquor Store is new located at 27944 Gree... (Jul '15) Jan 5 Thielgood 2
News In three years group collects 10,000 discarded ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 WooF 4

Corralitos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corralitos Mortgages