Senator blasts New Mexico governor's tax vow

May 3, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: El Paso Times

Gov. Susana Martinez received a standing ovation Monday from a hall filled with business people after she reiterated her promise not to raise taxes or fees.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated May 5, 2011
George Joyce Jr

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

The senator didn't "blast" anything.
What the senator did was continue the perpetual whine that "business" needs to pay more, while either ignoring or hiding the FACT that "business" doesn't pay anything.
The customers of business pay all taxes/fees/whatever you want to call them.
It's a dodge that is oftem played, trying to demonize a class adn m ake them look evil. That way you can pick on them without looking bad yourself.
Divide and conquer writ large. Tell the lie often enough .....

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Right you are, George. Do not be fooled into thinking that businesses exist to pay taxes or to employ people. If Unions or politicians gouge them deep enough, they can simply decide to fold or move - a perfectly sound business decision which is proper for them and catastrophic for us.
WorkingStiff

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Yup, why strive to own or work for a successful business that is making money when I can just get a social guber ment handout. lol

Since: Apr 10

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

What Senator? Don't post a topic without realative facts.

Is this a NM Senator or a US Senator, either way I'll bet $1000.00 to the author of this thread that the Senator is a Democrat and is responsible for the monkey business they allowed Billy Richardson to carry on with for the last eight years.
Yawn

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

WorkingStiff wrote:
Yup, why strive to own or work for a successful business that is making money when I can just get a social guber ment handout. lol
about actually trying to prove that it is possible instead of repeating a stupid untrue cliche.
George Joyce Jr

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

TheSilverBullet wrote:
What Senator? Don't post a topic without realative facts.
Is this a NM Senator or a US Senator, either way I'll bet $1000.00 to the author of this thread that the Senator is a Democrat and is responsible for the monkey business they allowed Billy Richardson to carry on with for the last eight years.
Read the article and you won't have to ask the question

Since: Apr 10

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

George Joyce Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article and you won't have to ask the question
You made my point.

The political status quo in New Mexico is well established through the Democratic party. Political history in N.M. and it's continuing ideals in the legislative branch has always supported bigger government. That fact makes me conclude that YOU won't take my bet.
The

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

TheSilverBullet wrote:
<quoted text>

only point that was made is that you are not paying attention and falling back on some stupid cliche about big gubment. And it is likely he is a democrat because we don't have a real Republican Party in New Mexico - what we have is run out of Texas and DC through PAC money.

Any approach that says that all taxes and fees are properly balanced, fair and can't be adjusted up is mindless and perpetuates the status quo. Simple solutions appeal to the simple-minded. There are people and industries that are not paying their fair share and there are low fees for some things that need to be revised upward to cover the costs to the state. We have a GRT on services in this state which make us uncompetitive, while we have taxes that are uncollected for interstate companies competing with homegrown firms. The status quo subsidizes all kinds of things we shouldn't be doing, leaving NM taxpayers to pay the difference.
CornDogz

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

Judged:

The wrote:
<quoted text>
only point that was made is that you are not paying attention and falling back on some stupid cliche about big gubment. And it is likely he is a democrat because we don't have a real Republican Party in New Mexico - what we have is run out of Texas and DC through PAC money...
Bzzz zap gorck zzzzzttt - incoming msg from the tin foil hats in SF - please read above... bzzztt crack

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr fmer505-1951 55,052
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr fmer505-1951 105,986
Debate: Ferguson - Albuquerque, NM 11 hr Bedrock Bob 6
Carlsbad fourth among New Mexico cities in lodg... 12 hr Carlsbad Resident 1
FBI identifies human remains found on Navajo Na... 15 hr XandO 2
Incoming 20 hr deserts 2
Anti-Israel boycott movement arrives at Univers... 23 hr Zioni 89

Search the Corrales Forum:
•••
•••