Our Animal Shelters are NOT the solut...

Our Animal Shelters are NOT the solution!!

Posted in the Corrales Forum

lyn52

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Feb 16, 2013
Is it just me or does anyone hate going thru Shiprock and seeing ALL the homeless dogs? The Farmington shelter is going to expand which is great but that is NOT going to solve the problem! Start with the people on the reservations. Law should be, cannot own a dog or cat UNLESS it is SPAYED or NEUTERED..PERIOD!! These poor animals are being discarded like trash! ALL towns should make this mandatory! Lets start with SHiprock and EDUCATING these people to have RESPONSIBILITY!!!

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#2 Feb 16, 2013
lyn52 wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone hate going thru Shiprock and seeing ALL the homeless dogs? The Farmington shelter is going to expand which is great but that is NOT going to solve the problem! Start with the people on the reservations. Law should be, cannot own a dog or cat UNLESS it is SPAYED or NEUTERED..PERIOD!! These poor animals are being discarded like trash! ALL towns should make this mandatory! Lets start with SHiprock and EDUCATING these people to have RESPONSIBILITY!!!
You don't have to go to Shiprock to see homeless animals, go to the SV, and you will see them there, along with the ones that are being neglected and abused. Unfortunately, County Animal Services does nothing about the problem.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 16, 2013
Ever notice how few stray animals there are in the International District - seriously?

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#4 Feb 16, 2013
International District is CITY! City Animal Services has stricter guidelines then the County. County laws in regard to the animals are very lax. Implying that the animals are being served up as a meal is ludicrous, and incendiary.
Anonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Feb 17, 2013
lyn52:'these people'??? from Farmington? needing EDUCATION? Naw, education will put us UP in the national SAT and 'they' will not send us funds. Who are you talking about, anyway?
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Feb 20, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to go to Shiprock to see homeless animals, go to the SV, and you will see them there, along with the ones that are being neglected and abused. My dog knows how goofy I am and its unfortunate the county Animal Services does nothing about the problem.
Goofy, Animals shelters are NOT in the business to hold your hand and solve problems of the lazy.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#7 Feb 20, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> Goofy, Animals shelters are NOT in the business to hold your hand and solve problems of the lazy.
What are you talking about? I never said such a thing, goofy! Read the post again!
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Feb 20, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about? Read the post again!
Your animal shelters do everything possible to control the pet population. They educate, enforce, work with the public. STOP relying on others for your perceived misfortunes.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#9 Feb 20, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>Your animal shelters do everything possible to control the pet population. They educate, enforce, work with the public. STOP relying on others for your perceived misfortunes.
WTH are you talking about fool? I never said anything about Animal Shelters. There is a DIFFERENCE in the laws for animals between the County and the City. In the County, or at least in the SV, Animal Control Officers don't give a dam* what the people do to their animals. In the City, if there is a report of an owner neglecting or abusing their animal, City Animal Control Officers do investigate. When I lived in the SV, people abandoned, abused and kept their animals tied up exposed to the elements. I had a dog go into our yard infested with ticks. I went to the owner and asked her to help me bathe her dog, and I would pay for the Vet, she told me she didn't give a hoot about the dog. I called Animal Services, and they showed up the next day, a little too late for the poor dog.
I don't rely on anyone to care for my animals. All of my dogs are rescued dogs, formerly abused by their owners. They are all vaccinated, micro chipped, and neutered or spayed. I am a responsible pet owner. My dogs lack nothing!
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Feb 21, 2013
fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>WTH are you talking about fool? I never said anything about Animal Shelters. There is a DIFFERENCE in the laws for animals between the County and the City. In the County, or at least in the SV,....... "
It took me awhile what SV stands for. I'm not from Mexico. Good to read you take care of your pets. In Oklahoma there are a number of ways one can adopt a dog or cat for a nominal fee. The city will also, at times, spay and neuter at no cost, providing you show residency. They offer free obedience classes for you and your pet every Saturday.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#11 Feb 21, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> It took me awhile what SV stands for. I'm not from Mexico. Good to read you take care of your pets. In Oklahoma there are a number of ways one can adopt a dog or cat for a nominal fee. The city will also, at times, spay and neuter at no cost, providing you show residency. They offer free obedience classes for you and your pet every Saturday.
I am not from Mexico either, I live in New Mexico, part of the US.
I wish that we had some of the perks that are offered at the Animal Services in Ok. The cost is not cheap to adopt an animal here, but the animal is spayed or neutered prior to adoption. No obedience classes though.
I love my dogs, the avatar I have is one of my doggies.
Anonymous

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Feb 22, 2013
the Albuquerque Animal Shelter is spacious, clean, and enough loving staff to provide a good service. My home cat never returned but was replaced from a similar lookig cat from the shelter. It's a nice shelter for animals and worth the visist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP just POed Many More People 2 hr Are 17
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 3 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 63,602
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 3 hr Frmr-fmer505-1951 114,570
Happy Birthday 03/26 8 hr give it a name 2
News Old Town Boys and Girls Club to close (Nov '08) Wed Ray Barrs 31
Comprehensive Plan Update Approved Wed sunnygsampson2064 1
Review: DOX Auto Repair (Feb '15) Mar 21 Thedjmatt 5

Corrales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance