Boy Scouts losing funding over discrimination policy.

Posted in the Corrales Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#1 Nov 13, 2012
As per here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/ups-...

All I can say is good on you, UPS and Intel. If doing the right thing isn't reason enough for them to quit discriminating, then maybe they will be forced to do so when the dollars stop flowing in.

Personally, I think they should lose federal funding, too, as they are breaking anti-discrimination laws for groups who receive federal funds, but that's for the courts to decide.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
As per here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/ups-...
All I can say is good on you, UPS and Intel. If doing the right thing isn't reason enough for them to quit discriminating, then maybe they will be forced to do so when the dollars stop flowing in.
Personally, I think they should lose federal funding, too, as they are breaking anti-discrimination laws for groups who receive federal funds, but that's for the courts to decide.
So you want to attack people for their beliefs?

Seriously?

Progressive liberal tolerance and double standards right here.

Rather than supporting the Boy Scouts for standing their ground for their principles you'd rather punish them.

Nice.

I don't think progressive liberals understand the real meaning of discrimination, tolerance or principles UNLESS it agrees with them.

In other words...this is nothing more than hellified baloney with some heavy manure stink on it...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#3 Nov 13, 2012
I applaud the Boy Scouts for sticking to their principles.

Those that practice the homosexual lifestyle really need a bunch of boys to accomodate and appove them? You know how creepy that sounds? That is on the same level of creepiness as the catholic priests that need to be ousted for do their stuff...

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#5 Nov 13, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want to attack people for their beliefs?
Seriously?
Progressive liberal tolerance and double standards right here.
Rather than supporting the Boy Scouts for standing their ground for their principles you'd rather punish them.
Nice.
I don't think progressive liberals understand the real meaning of discrimination, tolerance or principles UNLESS it agrees with them.
In other words...this is nothing more than hellified baloney with some heavy manure stink on it...
It's not punishment, it's making them stand on their own feet. Isn't that what conservatives stand for?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not punishment, it's making them stand on their own feet. Isn't that what conservatives stand for?
Okay...

So should all those that get federal funds...like Seasame Street...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#7 Nov 13, 2012
Planned Parenthood should not get federal funds either...

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...
So should all those that get federal funds...like Seasame Street...
When did Sesame Street violate anti-discrimination laws?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#9 Nov 13, 2012
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Sesame Street violate anti-discrimination laws?
When did Boy Scouts?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 13, 2012
They have a right IMO to not allow gays, just as companies have a right for whatever reason(s) to not make donations to them. Don't like their policies, don't be a part of them (not you Silk, I'm speaking the concept). And there is no earthly reason IMO for them to receive ANY government funding either. Government shouldn't be funding this sort of thing, never should have. Just one of the many thousands of small reasons why we overspend @ the federal level.
they

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Nov 13, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
Planned Parenthood should not get federal funds either...
get reimbursed for providing health care services. quit lying.
This

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Nov 13, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
They have a right IMO to not allow gays, just as companies have a right for whatever reason(s) to not make donations to them. Don't like their policies, don't be a part of them (not you Silk, I'm speaking the concept). And there is no earthly reason IMO for them to receive ANY government funding either. Government shouldn't be funding this sort of thing, never should have. Just one of the many thousands of small reasons why we overspend @ the federal level.
is not government funding, pops.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#13 Nov 13, 2012
they wrote:
<quoted text>
get reimbursed for providing health care services. quit lying.
Killing babies in the womb is NOT health care...

Unless you figure that Hitler was performing a health care service for the Germans?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 13, 2012
This wrote:
<quoted text>
is not government funding, pops.
I simply commented on Silk's regarding federal funding/donations. If they don't then that point is mute.
you are

Santa Fe, NM

#15 Nov 13, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
lying again. The federal government does not fund that.

Thou shalt not bear false witness. Why do you have so much trouble with that one?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#16 Nov 13, 2012
you are wrote:
<quoted text>
lying again. The federal government does not fund that.
Thou shalt not bear false witness. Why do you have so much trouble with that one?
Actually through Obamacare they do...

Through funding Planned Parenthood they do...
nope

Santa Fe, NM

#17 Nov 13, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a lie.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#18 Nov 13, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a lie.
When you redefine lie...and redefine truth...you're easily confused...which is which...

It's okay santa fe...
nope

Santa Fe, NM

#19 Nov 13, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
When you redefine lie...and redefine truth...you're easily confused...which is which...
It's okay santa fe...
facts are facts. You are dishonest.
El Chingon

United States

#20 Nov 13, 2012
"The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit atheists, agnostics and "open or avowed" homosexual people from membership in its Scouting program as directly violating its fundamental principles and tenets." From Wikepedia.

They may be anti-gay but apparently, they're not too interested in, bringing to justice, pedophiles.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/mass_r...

Anyone else see the tragic irony in this situation? Uggh.

On the other hand, UPS is to be commended for standing by its principles.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#21 Nov 13, 2012
El Chingon wrote:
"The Boy Scouts of America (BSA), one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States, has policies which prohibit atheists, agnostics and "open or avowed" homosexual people from membership in its Scouting program as directly violating its fundamental principles and tenets." From Wikepedia.
They may be anti-gay but apparently, they're not too interested in, bringing to justice, pedophiles.
http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/mass_r...
Anyone else see the tragic irony in this situation? Uggh.
On the other hand, UPS is to be commended for standing by its principles.
{Sigh} What has the gay community to curb instances of pedophilia?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 14 min Mister Chix 57,237
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 35 min fmer505-1951 107,931
Topix "old timers" 2 hr ConchaPena ONE an... 38
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 4 hr othereffects 6,326
News 911 frequent dialer under scrutiny (Nov '13) 7 hr VeggieBurger 5
News Alamogordo Police Department receives body cameras 8 hr Mr T 25
Why are some women fickle ? 11 hr fmer505-1951 46
More from around the web

Corrales People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]