One Good Thing About Today's Kids

One Good Thing About Today's Kids

Posted in the Corrales Forum

Passive Observer

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 24, 2013
As we witness all of these young kids obsessed by gory video games and equally violent movies; be totally disrespectful to teachers and other authority figures; producing more under-achievers than ever in an age of great opportunities for learning and achievement; engaging in acts of destruction of property, vandalism and shoplifting more than ever before; shooting their entire families; shooting their Dads in the back,murdering other kids to "see what it felt like", etc. we can take comfort in one thing: In the old days kids used to compose and sing little ditties about horrific crimes committed in their community, i.e., like in the case of Lizzie Borden, who murdered her Mother and Father with an axe:

"Lizzie Borden took an axe,
gave her Mother forty wacks,
when she saw what she had done,
gave her Father forty-one."

Maybe the kids need to get non-violently creative again and start composing these very dark little ditties again as a way to amuse themselves and stop engaging in the acts of mayhem and murder they are currently committing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex Crimes at Target Stores 13 min Get Real 4
What "Church" is...and What it Isn't 6 hr SpiritualAbuseSan... 11
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 7 hr Mister Chix 112,126
Student group calls UNM seal offensive 7 hr Carlita 30
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 7 hr Katia 61,328
Albuquerque forum (Jan '08) 8 hr Thomas 17
love sucks..... 8 hr Jomal 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corrales Mortgages