DHS Creates Lists of Concealed Carry Licensed Citizens in MO & NY

Posted in the Corrales Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jpfo member

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Apr 16, 2013
The Department of Homeland Security has requested, and has been granted state-wide lists of citizens licensed to carry concealed
weapons in the states of Missouri and New York. It is thought that this is only the beginning and soon the 48 other states will follow.
This is in effect creating a National Gun Registry of citizens licensed to carry weapons in their home states. See the link

www.jpfo.org/articles-assd03/gun-owners-info-...
lolol

Los Lunas, NM

#2 Apr 17, 2013
if people don't think that the feds have saved the data on EVERY firearm purchase that went thru the NICS background check for the past decades, they are extremely gullible. the feds know who has 'legally' purchased every gun for decades.
It is

Huntsville, AL

#3 Apr 17, 2013
good for them to know who is legally carrying.

“Ich vergesse ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 Apr 17, 2013
lolol wrote:
if people don't think that the feds have saved the data on EVERY firearm purchase that went thru the NICS background check for the past decades, they are extremely gullible. the feds know who has 'legally' purchased every gun for decades.
If that were true, would they need to be gathering up a list of who is licensed to carry a firearm? The licensed to carry people have been checked more carefully, to include a run of their fingerprints, and photograph, and received special training that the regular citizen has not had. So I wonder why they would want a list of those persons in Missouri and New York?
annnnnd

Los Lunas, NM

#5 Apr 17, 2013
Both NM senators voted with the bummer lemmings to attempt to negate the 2nd amendment for all N M legal gun owners

It failed

In the recently removed hags response to congress

What difference does it make ?

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Apr 17, 2013
You have to ask, why do they want to know. Nothing in the laws brought up would have prevented any of the tragedies. Guns are dangerous and can be used for good and bad. Does anyone really think that a person will give up finding a firearm because of a speed bump in their way? The only thing that will work is to not manufacture any more guns, parts or ammo for the public. Keep it within the rightful hands of the military and police. Government will learn to innovate on their own as they always have.

You need a firearm for sporting? Check it out at the local police department's depot for firearms. That will go a long way to turning this violent society around.
Yep

Huntsville, AL

#7 Apr 17, 2013
annnnnd wrote:
?
stupidity and sexism do go together.
Another

Huntsville, AL

#8 Apr 18, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
Nothing in the laws brought up would have prevented any of the tragedies.
lie.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 18, 2013
And another unfounded flame. Prove it. Otherwise, flame on.
easy

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Apr 18, 2013
Dieter wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true, would they need to be gathering up a list of who is licensed to carry a firearm? The licensed to carry people have been checked more carefully, to include a run of their fingerprints, and photograph, and received special training that the regular citizen has not had. So I wonder why they would want a list of those persons in Missouri and New York?
there are no fingerprint, photo or firearm serial numbers on the nics form, so obviously having both lists allows update/verification of the owner. Also the concealed carry list would only document the one handgun they wish to carry where the NICS will show all weapons purchased, rifle, shotgun and handgun.

Location hidden

#11 Apr 18, 2013
Oh, now I get it. Universal background checks include the mentally ill. During the check they will do what has already been done...cross reference gun list with mental illness designation. Not just whether you are or not so designated. You have a spouse, partner, child, roommate who has been designated mentally ill: You cannot own a firearm. By association with a nut job, you lose a civil liberty as do they.

So, you are right. If I live with a mentally ill person of some stripe or other, then I cannot own or possess a firearm. That might very well have stopped the perpetrator of a violent crime from stealing a firearm from someone they live with. Obviously, we need stricter mental health laws to avoid such things as Aurora. And what to do about those who don't seek treatment or don't show up on the radar. Universal and mandated healthcare may be the way to screen a larger number of the population.

Good thinking once again. I had missed that perspective and trail of thought.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 18, 2013
easy wrote:
<quoted text>
there are no fingerprint, photo or firearm serial numbers on the nics form, so obviously having both lists allows update/verification of the owner. Also the concealed carry list would only document the one handgun they wish to carry where the NICS will show all weapons purchased, rifle, shotgun and handgun.
And that will change. They know where you live. Look at the cases in NY and California of seizures of weapons in homes where they found cause.
Nothing

Huntsville, AL

#13 Apr 18, 2013
in any law can prevent all murders.

So therefore measures shouldn't be enacted that make it more difficult for the insane and criminals to get their hands on the most deadly kind of firepower to commit mass murder that require the least amount of skill and use magazines that don't require them to stop and reload.

Idiotic logic.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Apr 18, 2013
Nothing wrote:
in any law can prevent all murders.
So therefore measures shouldn't be enacted that make it more difficult for the insane and criminals to get their hands on the most deadly kind of firepower to commit mass murder that require the least amount of skill and use magazines that don't require them to stop and reload.
Idiotic logic.
And then along come pressure cookers, when will registration be required to own one of them?
Really

Huntsville, AL

#15 Apr 18, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
And then along come pressure cookers, when will registration be required to own one of them?
now? Please don't talk nonsense.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 18, 2013
My old flame
I can't even think of his name
But it's funny now and then
How my thoughts go flashing back again
To my old flame
My old flame...
Apologies to Arthur Johnson/Sam Coslow

Location hidden

#17 Apr 18, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
They do have serial numbers. Better to buy them used or don't register the product if new. If new, have a friend buy it. Like a straw purchase. Call it a gift.
Unlike

Huntsville, AL

#18 Apr 18, 2013
other objects that you might be confusing them with and that are designed for another purpose, a pressure cooker has real utility at this altitude for cooking beans.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Apr 18, 2013
Unlike wrote:
other objects that you might be confusing them with and that are designed for another purpose, a pressure cooker has real utility at this altitude for cooking beans.
and the cookers obviously for killing children and not 'designed' for that purpose.

Guns used in hunting provide food for a lot of rural families and guns kept in the home for protection are usually brought out only when needed by a majority of gun owners.

But, criminals can use any product for 'another' purpose proven with pressure cookers as bombs, and guns in the hands of criminals whose 'purpose' is hardly to be used legally.

in the words of your favorite liberal parrot in the congress hearing

what difference does it make ?
quit

Huntsville, AL

#20 Apr 18, 2013
lolol wrote:
<quoted text>

?
talking stupid. Don't pretend that you don't know the difference in purpose between a bean pot and a military style weapon with accessories to enhance its lethal capabilities .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lincoln Heritage Funeral Advantage Plan 3 hr How to 5
Stuff Hillary Doesn't Want You to Know 3 hr Hotel California 1
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 hr Mister Chix 61,827
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 4 hr new parrot 112,594
Will the Cankle Queen be Our New Imperator? 4 hr another 27
News Former President Clinton to campaign for Hillar... 4 hr another 143
News Commissioners warn against personal fireworks i... 5 hr Dennis 9

Corrales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance