Albuquerque ex-police union prez's ca...

Albuquerque ex-police union prez's case dropped

There are 4 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Dec 11, 2012, titled Albuquerque ex-police union prez's case dropped. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

A former Albuquerque police union president is fighting to get his job back after the domestic violence case against him was dropped.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 11, 2012
Prosecutors say the case was dropped after Sigala's wife refuses to testify.

My understanding on domestic violence is the other party no longer has to agree to sign arrest papers or tesify if there is evidence such as black eye, missing teeth or any kind of physical damage or the home shows there was a fight.

So he most likely has warned/threatened her he would do something bad if she testified.

Let him go work for a chicken farm as APD does not need his type, we have to many rouge cops as it is.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#2 Dec 11, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Prosecutors say the case was dropped after Sigala's wife refuses to testify.
My understanding on domestic violence is the other party no longer has to agree to sign arrest papers or tesify if there is evidence such as black eye, missing teeth or any kind of physical damage or the home shows there was a fight.
So he most likely has warned/threatened her he would do something bad if she testified.
Let him go work for a chicken farm as APD does not need his type, we have to many rouge cops as it is.
Unfortunately Blunt, most victims of Domestic Violence don't want to testify against their abuser. It isn't so much that they fear them, it is because "I love him". The victim of domestic violence has low self esteem, and no matter how often or badly they are abused, they rarely leave their abuser.
These are People

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Dec 12, 2012
Why should she need to testify? Albuquerque is known for prosecuting when the victim has withdrawn their complaint. Is it the same old story as always as who the parties are that are involved that is the decision in whether to prosecute or not?
Bustos

Flint, MI

#4 Dec 12, 2012
These are People wrote:
Why should she need to testify? Albuquerque is known for prosecuting when the victim has withdrawn their complaint. Is it the same old story as always as who the parties are that are involved that is the decision in whether to prosecute or not?
You nailed it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 3 hr new parrot 63,639
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 3 hr Mister Chix 114,597
News New Mexico governor warns of furloughs, fiscal ... 4 hr pvtryan 6
TRUMP just POed Many More People 6 hr Bull Durham 46
What is Sen Udall Yapping Abouy? 18 hr pvtryan 1
Face on the Barroom Floor Wed bella 4
Meals on Wheels Wed bummer 9

Corrales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance