Lack of fire hydrants a factor in blaze

Lack of fire hydrants a factor in blaze

There are 5 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico story from Jan 13, 2009, titled Lack of fire hydrants a factor in blaze. In it, KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico reports that:

Rio Rancho firefighters had a difficult time saving a home engulfed in flames on Monday night because there were no fire hydrants on the street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque and New Mexico.

pat

Everett, WA

#1 Jan 13, 2009
make sure when you move into a new home, there is at least one hydrant nearby!
Jim

United States

#2 Jan 13, 2009
Poor city planning for no fire hydrants. How many other houses areon that street and surrounding area? Maybe they should ask for some hydrants - soon!
Jim

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2009
Good pint Pat!
Mike

Florence, AL

#4 Jan 13, 2009
A city should never expand beyond it's capacity for water, Rio Rancho is expanding rapidly and the city needs to consider renovating it's infrastructure if this is to not occur again. ~maybe this should be considered Before any plans for a new stadium.
Roland

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Jan 13, 2009
I don't know why Rio Rancho doesn't have a city ordinance requiring minimum fire hydrants for subdivisions. Location and distance of fire hydrants are included in the Uniform Building Code also in the Uniform Fire Code. All cities follow these codes if they don't have their own Building Codes. I smell a rat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 hr Piglet Von Chix 115,415
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 8 hr Mister Chix 64,479
Mexican Judge in Carlsbad is Racist, Lewd, Sexist 9 hr FRMR-fmer505-195 1 8
News October 17th Morning Rush: Security cameras to ... 9 hr Silk_the_Absent1 3
News Councilor proposes city paid security guards to... 14 hr Reggie 2
News Community sounds off on CYFD (Oct '09) 18 hr Bernadette Martinez 145
trump derangement syndrome (Feb '17) Mon The truth 257

Corrales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance