Bill seeks transparency on state spen...

Bill seeks transparency on state spending

There are 7 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Mar 10, 2009, titled Bill seeks transparency on state spending. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

State expenditures would be displayed online and searchable under a measure the Senate approved Tuesday, one of a few moves that would increase transparency in the Roundhouse this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

Jeff Carr

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Mar 11, 2009
I support this idea, but not in a year when we are cutting education.
TomB

Los Lunas, NM

#2 Mar 11, 2009
Jeff - Wouldn't be nice to know on-line how much & where education was cut and what department was increased? Then there might be real public debate about say education policy v. state funding of movie production. Or water rights adjudications.

Transparency is good - for about 99% of New Mexicans. The other 1% really want to treat you like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and fed .....
Cyclopath

Florence, AL

#3 Mar 11, 2009
TomB wrote:
Jeff - Wouldn't be nice to know on-line how much & where education was cut and what department was increased? Then there might be real public debate about say education policy v. state funding of movie production. Or water rights adjudications.
Transparency is good - for about 99% of New Mexicans. The other 1% really want to treat you like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and fed .....
It would be nice, Tom, but as the agency says, putting this stuff on line is not that simple. There is some very expensive software involved as well as bandwith fees and other costly IT components that come into play. Transparency is not free.
SouthView

Los Alamos, NM

#4 Mar 11, 2009
I'm not optimistic about any "transparency" in the legislative process. This is the body of politicians who gave themselves a large increase in pension pay -- during the weekend when they hoped no one would be looking.
Donald Kaye

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Mar 11, 2009
The cost of an analysis would be between 25 thousand and a million dollars? Quite a spread. To implement it would cost between one and three million?

I'd say we need a much better Department of Information Technology. Maybe they are using a dart board to come up with these absurd brackets.
Concerned Citizen

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Mar 11, 2009
you people want to have a GOOD LAUGH????

FORGET the state legislature.. that is going to be VERY BORING after this.

"GOVERNOR" RICHARDSON JUST APPOINTED TONY ANAYA TO HEAD THE *NEW AGENCY* THAT WILL ADMINISTER THE 1.8 ***BILLION*** DOLLARS FROM OBAMA'S STIMULUS PLAN!!!!

HOLY SH***T!!!!

TALK ABOUT PUTTING A WOLF IN CHARGE OF THE CHICKEN COUP!!!

http://newmexicoindependent.com/
yesterday

Seattle, WA

#7 Mar 12, 2009
what good is this going to have on better informed government, the government or those who govern will always do what is acceptable to them personally, not the citizens who they represent, raises for the legislators happens every session, just look it up. I appears that every year more and more self-serving exists, maybe we need to go broke so that we could elect a whole new group of legislators and elected administrators, the encumbents continue and to be gov., you need a $ 1,000,000 plus, if I won the lottery, I will find a canidate that has interests in people and make sure he get's elected. The legislators should have a limation of terms, or they will continue, wheel chairs, oxygen and total sleeping with their eyes open. The legislator that would propose a term limitation is commiting political death, what a shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 8 hr new parrot 64,933
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 8 hr Mister Chix 115,911
DACA v. Military 13 hr dunderhead 20
(-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy ... 14 hr Novins 1
My Utmost For His Highest 21 hr Knightkore 14
Are both NM Senators Demented 21 hr Knightkore 4
News Feds move to replace US border barriers in New ... 22 hr uniform 1

Corrales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corrales Mortgages