The 2012 New Mexico Education Fakeout

The 2012 New Mexico Education Fakeout

Posted in the Corrales Forum

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Ah geez! Nothing surprises me about this other than Martinez making it sound like anything other than nonsense. The whole "proficient" crap is just another definition for about a C-.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 29, 2013
I read the Journal article this morning and was disgusted. I *KNEW* there had to be a catch someplace. Nobody's numbers increase that much in so short a time w/o some creative spin.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 29, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
I read the Journal article this morning and was disgusted. I *KNEW* there had to be a catch someplace. Nobody's numbers increase that much in so short a time w/o some creative spin.
I heard, on the news while not paying attention, something about the graduation rate does not include charter schools and would be lower if they were included. I'm surprised about that since my son's school is one of the top in the entire state! I'd elaborate but my stalkers would take advantage lol! Do they have "alternative" charter schools?
IMNEVERWRONG

Yukon, OK

#5 Jan 29, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard, on the news while not paying attention, something about the graduation rate does not include charter schools and would be lower if they were included. I'm surprised about that since my son's school is one of the top in the entire state! I'd elaborate but my stalkers would take advantage lol! Do they have "alternative" charter schools?
OK's graduation rate for charter schools is 80%. It's hard to imagine they would bring the count down. I don't see how the current administration can boast such an increase. Just saying.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 29, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard, on the news while not paying attention, something about the graduation rate does not include charter schools and would be lower if they were included. I'm surprised about that since my son's school is one of the top in the entire state! I'd elaborate but my stalkers would take advantage lol! Do they have "alternative" charter schools?
Maybe they were left out because they are not 'pure' public schools<shrugging shoulders>. Something sounds like that was spun too as it simply does not make any sense that a charter would do worse than a public school here. Doesn't pass the smell test.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#7 Jan 29, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> OK's graduation rate for charter schools is 80%. It's hard to imagine they would bring the count down. I don't see how the current administration can boast such an increase. Just saying.
They spun the numbers. 2011 had the kids passing a HS proficiency exam to graduate, 2012 didn't. There is always a gimmick of some sort going on here to make stuff look better, but most residents here know better. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 29, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> OK's graduation rate for charter schools is 80%. It's hard to imagine they would bring the count down. I don't see how the current administration can boast such an increase. Just saying.
Agreed!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#9 Jan 29, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they were left out because they are not 'pure' public schools<shrugging shoulders>. Something sounds like that was spun too as it simply does not make any sense that a charter would do worse than a public school here. Doesn't pass the smell test.
Especially agreed! It was KOB, as I recall.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially agreed! It was KOB, as I recall.
Now what link could there possibly have ever been between KOB and the APS - Monica A. perhaps<G>?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 6 min Piglet Von Chix 113,936
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 14 min T rules 6,970
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 26 min Mister Chix 62,936
News BREAKING. House Accelerates Investigation Of Pl... 2 hr Julie F 8
Poll Who's hotter at KOB-TV? (Dec '11) 3 hr Jimita 37
NBC News Projects TRUMP as US President at 930 PM 3 hr Johito 40
3 Million Illegal Aliens Vote for Hillary Clin... 3 hr Another 32

Corrales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corrales Mortgages