Freedom & The Right To Bear Arms: "A...

Freedom & The Right To Bear Arms: "Arms for what?" Fidel Castro 1959

Posted in the Corrales Forum

“In Search Of....”

Since: Jan 13

Out In The Styx

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista y Zaldivar issued an Executive Order during the term of his dictatorship mandating that ALL firearms' owners register them with the Central Government in Havana, Cuba.

On January 8th, 1959, as soon as he had arrived in the Cuban capital of Havana, Fidel Castro Ruz made a lengthy and impassioned speech conveying his thoughts on Freedom and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. The first paragraph (it's much too lengthy to reproduce in full) began like this (English text first):

"Weapons/Arms for what? To struggle against whom? Against the revolutionary government which HAS THE SUPPORT OF THE PEOPLE? Is President Urrutia the equivalent of (President) Batista? Now there is no censorship, the press is free and you can be sure that CENSORSHIP WILL NOT BE REESTABLISHED, EVER.(emphasis added) Today there is no torture, no (political) assassinations, no dictatorship. Today there is only happiness".

----------

(Spanish text): Armas para que'? Para luchar contra quien? Contra el gobierno revolucionario, que tiene el apoyo del pueblo?
Es Urrutia lo mismo que Batista? Ahora no hay censura, la prensa es libre y uno puede estar seguro que LA CENSURA NO VA A SER RESTABLECIDA, NUNCA.(enfasis anadido) Hoy no hay tortura, ni asesinatos, ni dictadura. Hoy there is only happiness".

And with that, the Castro Regime set about using the list of registered firearms owners to confiscate every single weapon that had been registered under the regime of the previous dictatorship. This was closely followed by "nationalization" of local and foreign businesses; separation of landowners from their lands in the name of "Agrarian Reform". He referred to his regime as The Revolution and he and his lackeys as Revolutionaries. He branded any dissident and dissident speech with the label counter-revolutionary and subjected its authors to imprisonment. He conducted nation-wide inventories, itemizing everyone's personal belongings and holdings. He established "Defense Committees" (the extreme of our "neighborhood watches") which had the duty to keep tabs on everyone's comings and goings and get permission to leave the municipality ahead of time. If you wished to leave this proletarian paradise, you had to turn over all of itemized material possessions to the government and take only 22 lbs of clothing with you.

For the many fellow Americans who idolize Lacedaemonians (not too pretty a name, eh? You know them better as "Spartans"). The Spartans were a militaristic bunch. Very similar to Nazis in many respects and also to the apartheid-practicing Afrikaners of South Africa. They practiced "apartheid" with another native people of the Peloponnesos, the Helots. Helots were denied the ownership of weapons and kept under strict surveillance. Members of their group who exhibited leadership skills and above-average intelligence were systematically assassinated by the Spartans.
The world and its history teaches us: DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR WEAPONS.
Molon labe'= Come and take them.

http://assaultweaponsbanof2013.blogspot.com

“In Search Of....”

Since: Jan 13

Out In The Styx

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Ooops. My English is showing!(Spanish text) last sentence: "Hoy solo hay felicidad".

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 29, 2013
I wonder what the history books will say about our country, one hundred years from now!

I suppose I should be completely honest and say I fear with the history books will say about us, one hundred years from now. Sigh

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
I wonder what the history books will say about our country, one hundred years from now!
I suppose I should be completely honest and say I fear with the history books will say about us, one hundred years from now. Sigh
The history books 100 years from now, if they are even allowed, will spin this last decade into something positive by not lying, but failing to tell the whole truth. Much like many of our current day books have spun the past with rewrites<Gasp!>.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 29, 2013
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
The history books 100 years from now, if they are even allowed, will spin this last decade into something positive by not lying, but failing to tell the whole truth. Much like many of our current day books have spun the past with rewrites<Gasp!>.
One thing that gives me great concern is the fact that Pelosi had 3 (or 4) absent new congress people Photo Shoped into the picture on the steps of Capitol Hll ( I think)! That's history?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Jan 29, 2013
Photo editing has become all the rage nowadays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 6 hr Piglet Von Chix 64,108
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 8 hr Mister Chix 115,070
TRUMP just POed Many More People 15 hr I am 130
News Police say man confronts squatters, gets shot, ... 16 hr is this real 1
Academy Acres, Far NE Heights, Mail Thieves Aga... 18 hr they 19
News Albuquerque mayor overrules condiment ban place... 19 hr help us lower taxes 1
News #abq4ward: Amid growing crime epidemic, KOB new... Sat Frmr-fmer505-1951 6

Corrales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corrales Mortgages