Coyote killing ban defeated in House

Feb 26, 2013 Full story: Deming Headlight 219

The state House of Representatives on Tuesday defeated a bill to ban the events, such as one last fall in which a gun shop owner collected $50 entry fees and then gave prizes to the team that killed the most coyotes.

Full Story
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#125 Mar 17, 2013
Again wrote:
<quoted text>
proving your ignorance.
You can't even answer the simple question because you are blinded by the facts..
Amazing

Mooresville, NC

#126 Mar 18, 2013
Amazing wrote:
While people are here arguing about the best way to kill, or not kill coyotes you are all paying to have as many as possible killed anyway!
Otero County currently has two full time, tax funded, employees who's job it is to kill every coyote and feral hog they see. They use traps, guns, and poison.
Commissioner Tommie Herrell pointed out last month at a commission meeting that the average cost is OVER $430.00 PER ANIMAL!
Your tax dollars at work people.
I sure hope your quote of over $430.00 per animal is a typo. I know for a fact that the local private business that does wildlife control gave them a price of less then $60.00 per animal. Not to mention they have a bunch more experience at this then the county does!
Trapper

Albuquerque, NM

#127 Mar 18, 2013
I got a couple this weekend. the are paired up rigt now and not very esy to call. the hide were still good
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#128 Mar 21, 2013
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#129 Mar 21, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
I'm tempted to start buying up large chunks of land in southern NM and putting up signs that say something to the effect of "WARNING: Anyone firing at ANY animal on this property will be reminded that this state has castle law."
Ted Turner already did that.

Nice try.
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#130 Mar 21, 2013
Ex- El Paso Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Turner already did that.
Nice try.
Ted has improved habitat in NM 10 fold. Many on this topic discussion could
learn slot about conservation efforts.
Really

Washington, DC

#131 Mar 21, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text>Ted has improved habitat in NM 10 fold. Many on this topic discussion could
learn slot about conservation efforts.
He has improved habitat in New Mexico like you have improved conversation on Topix! LMAO...
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#132 Mar 21, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>He has improved habitat in New Mexico like you have improved conversation on Topix! LMAO...
Restoration data and awards to back it up. We need more public land exchange and sale of private land to be acquired for more environmental protection.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#133 Mar 22, 2013
I had a coyote run out in the road almost right in front of me yesterday. I had to swerve hard to hit it. That one won't be reproducing anymore!
hopefully

Santa Fe, NM

#134 Mar 22, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
I had a coyote run out in the road almost right in front of me yesterday. I had to swerve hard to hit it. That one won't be reproducing anymore!
the same thing could be said for you.

Please keep your sick fetish to yourself.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#135 Mar 22, 2013
hopefully wrote:
<quoted text>
the same thing could be said for you.
Please keep your sick fetish to yourself.
I don't run out into the street. You should have seen the way he spun around and around until he fell down after I hit him with my truck..
You are

Santa Fe, NM

#136 Mar 22, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>
sick in the head. Another proud new mexican bonehead.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#137 Mar 22, 2013
You are wrote:
<quoted text>
sick in the head. Another proud new mexican bonehead.
I have done more for the enviornment and wildlife in one year than you will do in a life time. I urge you to shoot every coyote you see..
Piggly Wiggly

United States

#138 Mar 22, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>I have done more for the enviornment and wildlife in one year than you will do in a life time. I urge you to shoot every coyote you see..
Just curious, do you shoot feral horses too? Up towards NW NM they seem to be all over the place decimating forage for deer and other wildlife. Seems to me their impact on natural wildlife is much more negative than either the coyote or feral pigs.
another

Santa Fe, NM

#139 Mar 22, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>I have done more for the enviornment and wildlife in one year than you will do in a life time. I urge you to shoot every coyote you see..
ignorant post.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#140 Mar 22, 2013
Piggly Wiggly wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, do you shoot feral horses too? Up towards NW NM they seem to be all over the place decimating forage for deer and other wildlife. Seems to me their impact on natural wildlife is much more negative than either the coyote or feral pigs.
I don't see any feral horses where I ranch or hunt. I can't save NW NM or Eastern, NM or Scotsdale, Arizona or Austrailia for that matter, I can only do what I can do in my area. I have taken out a coupe of feral hogs here recently.. Are you some kind of biologist? Seems to me you want me to think you are a smart guy..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#141 Mar 22, 2013
another wrote:
<quoted text>
ignorant post.
for an ignorant person like you...
nope

Santa Fe, NM

#142 Mar 22, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>...
your twisted bloodlust and pride in your selfish ignorance doesn't benefit anyone - including you.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#143 Mar 22, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
your twisted bloodlust and pride in your selfish ignorance doesn't benefit anyone - including you.
I am not here to benefit YOU. Why do you hate baby deer and elk?
Yes

Pasadena, CA

#144 Mar 22, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>I am not here to benefit YOU. Why do you hate baby deer and elk?
it is quite clear that you are proud of your ignorance about biolgy and don't recognize your place in the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 14 hr Mister Chix 55,213
Mattel to introduce 'Mariachi Barbie' 15 hr Oh sure 65
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 15 hr Mister Chix 106,138
You Know You're From New Mexico When... (Apr '12) 16 hr jokerswild 234
King: Gov. Martinez "does not have Latino heart" Sun justice is just a... 10
Australia contributing planes for anti-IS campaign Sun USA Today 4
bandido support clubs (Nov '11) Sun Ladydc 85
•••
•••
•••