Gov. Martinez signed ballot request f...

Gov. Martinez signed ballot request for husband

There are 82 comments on the KOB-TV New Mexico story from Jan 19, 2013, titled Gov. Martinez signed ballot request for husband. In it, KOB-TV New Mexico reports that:

Gov. Susana Martinez has admitted signing an absentee ballot request for a school board election on behalf of her husband, Chuck Franco.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV New Mexico.

Another

Huntsville, AL

#21 Jan 23, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
moronic birther. Thou shalt not bear false witness.

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#22 Jan 23, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh, but using that SAME logic, why do you call abortion murder? Murder is a legal concept, just as voter fraud is.
Hmmm....so voter fraud has killed how many again?

That's like comparing jay walking to 9/11....

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#23 Jan 23, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, nearly twice as many people die every year in the US from being hit while jaywalking than did in all of the attacks on 9/11 combined. But what are facts?

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#24 Jan 23, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
Careful there. More people die in the US every year from being hit while jaywalking than did in all of the attacks that day in the US combined.

Elk Grove

#25 Jan 24, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful there. More people die in the US every year from being hit while jaywalking than did in all of the attacks that day in the US combined.
That's because most of those people don't know the basics of looking before you cross....and then some are not smart enough to realize you don't cross freeways....

Take Central and the UNM area for instance....college people....and not one of them know how to cross the road safely....they just walk thinking there are either know cars or the cars will see them in enough time to stop....

In ONE day there were thousands murdered on 9/11....in one day how many die from jaywalking? And percentage wise of all the people that do that? Seriously Silk?

Elk Grove

#26 Jan 24, 2013
But you didn't answer the original question....how many has voter fraud killed?

{Incidently....the reason this is a non-issue is because it was illegal at the time....no law against what she did at the time....}

Are you saying that some things are wrong that need laws....?

Hmmm....

Then some laws could be wrong too that need to be repealed....abortion, Obamacare....

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#27 Jan 24, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
But you didn't answer the original question....how many has voter fraud killed?
{Incidently....the reason this is a non-issue is because it was illegal at the time....no law against what she did at the time....}
Are you saying that some things are wrong that need laws....?
Hmmm....
Then some laws could be wrong too that need to be repealed....abortion, Obamacare....
It depends on what the person who got in via fraud does with their power. Look to the middle east to see how many can be killed by someone who forces them to commit voter fraud.

I love how you call someone having zero morals when it comes to playing fair a non-issue. Pot, meet kettle.

Elk Grove

#28 Jan 24, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on what the person who got in via fraud does with their power. Look to the middle east to see how many can be killed by someone who forces them to commit voter fraud.
I love how you call someone having zero morals when it comes to playing fair a non-issue. Pot, meet kettle.
Again....no laws were on the books against what she did at the time....completely legal....

I guess whether something is legal or not doesn't make it right does it?

Think about it....

Dear old mucky Drasnia

#29 Jan 24, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Again....no laws were on the books against what she did at the time....completely legal....
I guess whether something is legal or not doesn't make it right does it?
Think about it....
Interesting that you argue against completely legal snoring, but say that this is a non-issue.

Elk Grove

#30 Jan 24, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you argue against completely legal snoring, but say that this is a non-issue.
LOL!

I don't think it was right, but at the time there was no law against it....

And sometimes there will be things that are legal or not legal but aren't right that have laws or no laws....

Whether a thing is legal or not legal does not speak to it being right or wrong....just that what Governor Susanna did may have been wrong {certainly I think it was} but there were no laws against it at the time....so unless she repeats it again....when it is illegal....she did do anything "wrong" in the eyes of the law....morally....yes....

Native American

Albuquerque, NM

#31 Jan 24, 2013
Ya want to talk about waste and abuse in this State? Ever wonder why speed limit signs are installed on the highways of NM? I just can not get over this INCREDIBLE waste of time and valuable resources. If you see ONE vehicle today that is observing the state mandated limits, please wave in a friendly manner as you shoot past them. There are LAWS on the books to prohibit this exceeding of limits. And there are fines and penalties that can be enforced upon the violators. AND NO ONE CARES All care when caught red handed. Point is ALL in NM break laws on a daily basis, our Governor simplified a task (imposed by government) to make her life simpler. There was no specific law in effect at that time to prevent or penalize her actions. As we SPEED home this evening be aware you are more than likely breaking an enforceable law that is on the books. She did NOT!!!!!

Elk Grove

#32 Jan 24, 2013
Native American wrote:
Ya want to talk about waste and abuse in this State? Ever wonder why speed limit signs are installed on the highways of NM? I just can not get over this INCREDIBLE waste of time and valuable resources. If you see ONE vehicle today that is observing the state mandated limits, please wave in a friendly manner as you shoot past them. There are LAWS on the books to prohibit this exceeding of limits. And there are fines and penalties that can be enforced upon the violators. AND NO ONE CARES All care when caught red handed. Point is ALL in NM break laws on a daily basis, our Governor simplified a task (imposed by government) to make her life simpler. There was no specific law in effect at that time to prevent or penalize her actions. As we SPEED home this evening be aware you are more than likely breaking an enforceable law that is on the books. She did NOT!!!!!
Thank you....some really good points....ZOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!
kathy in NM

Albuquerque, NM

#33 Jan 24, 2013
This is only 1/2 the story- she also voted (in her husband's name) with the ballot she requested- that is voter fraud and a crime. You can view the documents and signatures here:
http://www.susanassecret.com/
anything

Albuquerque, NM

#34 Jan 24, 2013
kathy in NM wrote:
This is only 1/2 the story- she also voted (in her husband's name) with the ballot she requested- that is voter fraud and a crime. You can view the documents and signatures here:
you say Gary King.

Location hidden

#35 Jan 24, 2013
Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on what the person who got in via fraud does with their power.
I don't get this part.

She simply signed a REQUEST TO RECEIVE an absentee ballot. She did not sign an absantee ballot. I "impersonate" my husband almost daily, whether it's by logging into a site to pay a bill or using the automated systems over the phone. That's something that husbands and wives do!
Native American

Albuquerque, NM

#36 Jan 24, 2013
kathy in NM wrote:
Where again is the documentation that Ms Martinez actually cast her husband's vote, as stated in your post?

Elk Grove

#37 Jan 25, 2013
kathy in NM wrote:
{Sigh} This information is spurious at best....there is MORE evidence that President Hussein Obama forged his multiple inauthentic birth certificates as well as MORE evidence that he doesn't qualify to be president according to the Constitution than what have posted here....

http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2013/01/19/new...

The Republican governor said during a Friday interview that at the time she made the request, she was busy with the start of her first legislative session in Santa Fe. Her husband asked her to request a ballot for him, she said.

“Chuck is a registered voter, Chuck is allowed to vote and the ballot was going to go to my home,” Martinez told the Journal.“There wasn’t anything improper about what we did.”

“I wasn’t voting for him, and I wasn’t signing anything for him on the ballot itself,” Martinez later added.

The Secretary of State’s Office said Friday that Dońa Ana County Clerk Lynn Ellins rejected Franco’s absentee ballot application, which Martinez had signed. Ellins, a Democrat, wouldn’t comment Friday, and it was not clear what prompted the clerk’s rejection of the application.

The Secretary of State’s Office also contacted Franco to check whether he authorized the ballot request. He confirmed he had, but since the application had already been rejected, Franco ended up casting his vote in person, Ortiz said.

While Franco cast his vote in the February 2011 election in person, the governor voted by absentee ballot, state voter records show.

Even before Martinez’s request, New Mexico county clerks had raised questions about spouses and parents signing absentee voter applications on behalf of family members, Ortiz said.

“One county reported receiving numerous such requests during the 2010 election,” he said.

Since state law did not explicitly address the situation, it was clarified during the 2011 legislative session through a massive election code “cleanup” bill — Senate Bill 403 — that Martinez signed into law.

The new law requires that absentee ballot requests be signed by the actual voter. The law was also changed to make it a felony offense for signatures to be forged or false information provided on forms, provided there is a willful intent to deceive.

{Couple points here....Governor Susanna Martinez never tried to cover anything up....has been forthright about all of it and followed existing law....also....signed into law that changed what she did to be more clear that it is against the law....later on....again....President Hussein Obama has NOT been forthcoming about his REAL birth certificate and his qualifications for president....}

Elk Grove

#38 Jan 25, 2013
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get this part.
She simply signed a REQUEST TO RECEIVE an absentee ballot. She did not sign an absantee ballot. I "impersonate" my husband almost daily, whether it's by logging into a site to pay a bill or using the automated systems over the phone. That's something that husbands and wives do!
If I may....progressive liberals don't understand the husband/wife thing....
Another

Huntsville, AL

#39 Jan 25, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
{Sigh} This information is spurious at best....there is MORE evidence that President Hussein Obama forged his multiple inauthentic birth certificates as well as MORE evidence that he doesn't qualify to be president according to the Constitution than what have posted here....
idiotic birther liar.

Bearing false witness, again.
nope

Huntsville, AL

#40 Jan 25, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>

{Couple points here....Governor Susanna Martinez never tried to cover anything up....
She got caught by Dona Ana County but got special treatment from Duran.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KOB Channel 4 News Proposed "Dream Team"- Ment... (Nov '15) 2 hr Tessamentusfan 31
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 hr snakes 64,197
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 4 hr new parrot 115,134
trump derangement syndrome (Feb '17) 6 hr jake 189
How has Albuquerque changed ? Wed Concha Pena 5
News NMSU Chancellor Carruthers to retire in 2018 Wed roberta 2
Poll Who's hotter at KOB-TV? (Dec '11) Aug 14 de gustibus 46

Corrales Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corrales Mortgages