Cyclists face new hazard along paths

A warning for bicyclists in the Albuquerque metro area: Someone is setting up booby traps along bike paths. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
clunkybalunky

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Oct 16, 2009
We have seen in this forum how car drivers HATE bicyclists. What is strange though is these are bike trails that keep the bikes off the roads and away from traffic. Maybe just angry people who resent the cost of the trails. It seems to me that there are a lot of folks who want everyone to be exactly like they are. If you ride a bike to work you are somehow a threat to their way of life.
bbb

Nampa, ID

#3 Oct 16, 2009
this is especially scary for the idjits who don't wear helmets. and unfortunately too many of them are kids.
abqkev

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Oct 16, 2009
This is CRAZY!

And the casual demeanor of whoever wrote this is not in good taste.

I hope that police charge whoever is doing with ATTEMPTED MURDER of ALL PARTIES who might encounter this wire.

And also with a TERROR CRIME as it threatens the WHOLE community with grave bodily harm and possible (EASILY) death.

Its NOT a prank, cute, sort of weird. Its a terrorist act really and premeditated attempted murder.
abqkev

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Oct 16, 2009
clunkybalunky wrote:
We have seen in this forum how car drivers HATE bicyclists. What is strange though is these are bike trails that keep the bikes off the roads and away from traffic. Maybe just angry people who resent the cost of the trails. It seems to me that there are a lot of folks who want everyone to be exactly like they are. If you ride a bike to work you are somehow a threat to their way of life.
People who may resent the trails...and who have resorted to using criminal TERRORIST measures to attempt to KILL people.
livedittoo

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Oct 16, 2009
this happenned to me about 20 years ago. I was on bike path approaching street near the park around indian school and moon. someone had tied some kind of wire around the two poles that prevent motorized vehicles from entering the bike path. Luckily I had enough momentum to break through the wire unharmed, didn't even see the wire at all. This is very, very, dangerous for cyclists. Its amazing how totally ignorant people are. I guess some people aren't lucky enough to have parents that know the difference between right and wrong and teach it to their kids.
Pat

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Oct 16, 2009
Scary stuff. It was dusk this evening when I was biking home from work, and even with my headlight I don't know if I could have seen a wire stretched across the trail.

I hope that the person who hit the wire is OK, and they catch the person doing this.
Dave

United States

#9 Oct 16, 2009
May the perp receive vigilante justice.
aSc

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Oct 16, 2009
glad for the heads up.
probably some punk teen.
UAMoron

AOL

#11 Oct 16, 2009
You have to be a pretty sick individual to even think of something like this...scary thing is whoever is doing this is most likely hiding in the area and watching these people get hurt, which is even sicker than putting up the wire in the first place.
Yikes

Brookhaven, MS

#12 Oct 16, 2009
I had a run in with a bicyclist couple once. My son and I were walking and enjoying the Rio Grande river and feeding the ducks when these two jerks came flying down the hill and almost ran over my son. The guy had the nerve to get off his bike and start yelling at me and called me a bitch. Signs are posted for bicyclist to watch out for horse riders and pedestrians and yet they think they own the trail.
GoodOlDays

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Oct 17, 2009
"Bicyclists in that area say it's not laughing matteró it's a crime."

Who wrote this - a caveman?

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#15 Oct 17, 2009
There is always some sicko out there trying to find different ways to hurt people. I hope this person or persons gets caught before someone is seriously injured or killed.
Diane

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Oct 17, 2009
It's Bush's fault!!!
Gary

Santa Fe, NM

#17 Oct 17, 2009
Yikes wrote:
I had a run in with a bicyclist couple once. My son and I were walking and enjoying the Rio Grande river and feeding the ducks when these two jerks came flying down the hill and almost ran over my son. The guy had the nerve to get off his bike and start yelling at me and called me a ****. Signs are posted for bicyclist to watch out for horse riders and pedestrians and yet they think they own the trail.
Still the village idiot! And your point is? Maybe it is you who is doing this.
GEEZ

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Oct 17, 2009
How about installing trail cameras? How much would that cost the tax payers? LOL

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#21 Oct 17, 2009
It takes a pretty demented person to do something like this. I have enjoyed riding on several of the trails in ABQ, and I hope they arrest the terrorist who did this soon.
Cycle4Fun

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Oct 17, 2009
There are kids who throw rocks, from the over pass at Carlisle, at bicyclists on the trail in the late afternoon.

Don't ride a lone on the trail.
Mike Swanson

United States

#23 Oct 17, 2009
It's not just bicyclists who could be hurt; joggers or runners could run into these traps and be hurt as well.

Yikes: So if a woman is raped, does that give her the right to shoot every man she meets in the crotch with a 12-gauge shotgun? I've run into plenty of idiots on bikes too in the open space areas, but most bike riders there follow the rules. And I've seen lots of pedestrians who were just as rude and stupid, so don't even try to tell me that only bike riders are inconsiderate a******s.
burque39

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Oct 17, 2009
What happened to bicyclists having the right of way? If this crap was happening to motorists (motorcycles) it would not be tolerated.
LOBOS SUCK AND HOW

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Oct 17, 2009
I dont know if any of you have noticed but for about a month now things in Albajerky have been meaner and down right dangrous on the roads, people are less tolerent and ready to engage anyone in there way (violently). be prepared to defend yourself, stay away from trouble spots and situations. be alert, bad times,economey = trouble for everyone.
ignor the warning at your peril. that is all!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corrales Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 6 min Piglet Von Chix 56,036
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 19 min Mister Chix 106,863
Dunn ready to take over as NM land commissioner 1 hr past 3
Same-Sex Marriage Trumps Religious Liberty in N... (Aug '13) 15 hr Jls 785
ABQ companies lighting up T or C with 6,100 sol... Thu been_scammed 4
Review of the Burger King Yumbo Wed LeafBoy 3
why i vote Democrat Wed again and again 18
Corrales Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web