Where is the best Tejano Music Club???

Where is the best Tejano Music Club???

Posted in the Corpus Christi Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
New to Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Can anyone tell me where the best Tejano music dances are here in Corpus?

I'm new to this area, been working too much, night shift at Spohn and need to have some RR, I love to dance tejano cumbias. I am 38, single. Where is the music?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks.
Have fun

Plano, TX

#2 Jan 15, 2013
Well the only one I've been to is Tejanoville. It's down staples and its ok there. Lets go!
New to Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Have fun wrote:
Well the only one I've been to is Tejanoville. It's down staples and its ok there. Lets go!
Sounds good, what bands play, or do they have live bands?
Have fun

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Jan 15, 2013
O ya I forgot about club Cielo it's down on Baldwin somewhere. I haven't been there but I've heard it's more Mexican than tejano. They always have good bands there. Tejanoville is mostly DJ but they do have live music every now and then.
New to Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Jan 16, 2013
Have fun wrote:
O ya I forgot about club Cielo it's down on Baldwin somewhere. I haven't been there but I've heard it's more Mexican than tejano. They always have good bands there. Tejanoville is mostly DJ but they do have live music every now and then.
Okay, sounds like I have somewhere to go and check out for dancing, one more question? is there enough available dancing partners, hate to go into a place that is full of couples, hate to be a third wheel.

What is the best time to show up, mostly everywhere else the places get going about 10 pm, is that also true for these places too?

...and thanks for the info.
Have fun

Plano, TX

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Ya I know how it feels to be the third wheel lol and ya u should find a dance partner but I think it gets better on Saturday nights more ppl.....whiskey river is next to tejanoville if u like country music it's really good in there. I think around 10:30 or after is a good time to get there.
New to Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Have fun wrote:
Ya I know how it feels to be the third wheel lol and ya u should find a dance partner but I think it gets better on Saturday nights more ppl.....whiskey river is next to tejanoville if u like country music it's really good in there. I think around 10:30 or after is a good time to get there.
Okay, that sounds great. As for country, I like the music but I can't dance country to save my life, when it comes to country dancing, I have 2 left feet. No boot skooting for me, lol!
Have fun

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Well I hope u have a good time and dance the night away lol.
New to Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Jan 21, 2013
Have fun wrote:
Well I hope u have a good time and dance the night away lol.
thanks.
Have fun

Corpus Christi, TX

#10 Jan 22, 2013
So have u hit the clubs yet?
New to Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi, TX

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Have fun wrote:
So have u hit the clubs yet?
No, not yet. Have been working extra shifts at the hospital, but I can't wait to check it out.

How about you, how was it this past weekend?
lovely

Houston, TX

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Cielo is the best place to go always alot of bands, i love tejano dancing.=)
livebands

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Does whiskey River have live bands?
lovely

Atlanta, GA

#14 Jan 24, 2013
No...it's a country dj club
Have fun

Plano, TX

#15 Jan 25, 2013
New to Corpus Christi wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not yet. Have been working extra shifts at the hospital, but I can't wait to check it out.
How about you, how was it this past weekend?
Well I had a busy work week so I just stayed home and relaxed all weekend. Maybe I'll go out this weekend, I could use a few drinks :)
Really

United States

#16 Jan 25, 2013
I'm a guy and 39, you have an email? [email protected]
livebands

Corpus Christi, TX

#17 Jan 25, 2013
Where can you go to see live country bands? I have a country Band, with a female lead singer. We do alot of old Country,honky tonk (country you can dance to)old rock, blues rock,southern rock. Would love to play somewhaere here in Corpus. But Where?
New to Corpus Christi

Corpus Christi, TX

#18 Jan 25, 2013
Have fun wrote:
<quoted text>Well I had a busy work week so I just stayed home and relaxed all weekend. Maybe I'll go out this weekend, I could use a few drinks :)
I know what you mean, it's been super busy for me too. About those drinks, have one for me. ;)
Have fun

Plano, TX

#19 Jan 25, 2013
livebands wrote:
Where can you go to see live country bands? I have a country Band, with a female lead singer. We do alot of old Country,honky tonk (country you can dance to)old rock, blues rock,southern rock. Would love to play somewhaere here in Corpus. But Where?
I'm not sure but I think the Executive Surf Club in Downtown Corpus had live new bands on Wednesday nights, not too sure though you might want to call and ask.
Have fun

Plano, TX

#20 Jan 25, 2013
New to Corpus Christi wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean, it's been super busy for me too. About those drinks, have one for me. ;)
I will definitely have one for you maybe even two or three lol....and if I get drunk then I'll just say it was your fault lol ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corpus Christi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Betty Valero Truckrack 12 min Ginger 10
Leņa L # emm # on 25 min Darn Potato 2
Tatiana Maxwell 26 min Anonymous 1
Strippers! 59 min Funny Guy 14
The beach (Feb '16) 1 hr funcpletx 191
Kandi (Mar '17) 3 hr Neverever361 8
jay-z suckes and 2-pac will allways be better (May '07) 3 hr return 7

Corpus Christi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corpus Christi Mortgages