Next Last
Turtle back

United States

#1 May 2, 2013
GONNA BE THE BEST SPOT IN TOWN!!
Partygirl

Union City, GA

#2 May 2, 2013
I'm pretty sure they said that about XS and it SUCKS. Gonna be the same crowd, same music. Now if Rio was like Rio in the Valley it would be cool. But CC is too close-minded to do anything.
Turtle back

Houston, TX

#3 May 2, 2013
Xs is owend by I don't know who. This club owner has always gotten a crowd in the door. Pluse dj Phillip is gonna be there not sum sucky shit head like dragon or any one like that.
blahhh

Decatur, GA

#4 May 2, 2013
Philip from Toxic? Ehh
Turtle back

Houston, TX

#5 May 4, 2013
Yep. Who's better??
Gingercpl

Clyde, TX

#6 May 6, 2013
XS is a fun club its just the overall vibe from all of the basic ass people that live in Corpus. Oh, and I forgot to mention the fact that nobody wants to spend any $$$. As long as things stay that way, no matter how amazing the club is, Corpus nightlife will suck.
Partygirl

Stone Mountain, GA

#7 May 7, 2013
I agree with that. But these places also go back on their word too. Example: 21+ only. They realize it's mainly younger crowd they make $$ off of so they make it 18+. I'm sorry, partying with a bunch of minors just ISN'T my thing. So I'll stick to bars. Also if you're gonna say STRICT dress code, keep it that way. Don't change it because you realize the ghetto ppl have no where to go. They still have Toxic. Ha.
Finedude

Clyde, TX

#8 May 22, 2013
So what is considered Club Pure n Club Rio's strict dress code??
Gingercpl

Houston, TX

#9 May 22, 2013
Partygirl wrote:
I agree with that. But these places also go back on their word too. Example: 21+ only. They realize it's mainly younger crowd they make $$ off of so they make it 18+. I'm sorry, partying with a bunch of minors just ISN'T my thing. So I'll stick to bars. Also if you're gonna say STRICT dress code, keep it that way. Don't change it because you realize the ghetto ppl have no where to go. They still have Toxic. Ha.
Good to know my husband and I aren't the only ones that feel that way!! The real question is... Where DO you go then? We don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of middle aged white collars but at the same time being around seasoned, old school, "party girls back in their day" types isn't our thing either. It would appear to me that Corpus is lacking a happy medium. What gives?!
Holla

United States

#10 Jun 1, 2013
Partygirl wrote:
I'm pretty sure they said that about XS and it SUCKS. Gonna be the same crowd, same music. Now if Rio was like Rio in the Valley it would be cool. But CC is too close-minded to do anything.
Umm there's club cielo and that should be like the clubs in the valley. Ha. Close minded people exist everywhere, good luck to you.
Ehhhh

Lithonia, GA

#11 Jun 1, 2013
I am from the Valley and Cielo is dirty and unkept. Nothing like Mcallen nightlife. I have not been to Pure or Rio but I heard it's decent during weekends. Another friend of mine got in a fight with a bouncer supposedly over having his arms tattoo'd and couldn't get in even though the bouncer told them they'll allow them in if they paid him $20 more. Which goes to show how those people work. I hear it's not 18+, which like party girl said would happen. Too many clubs in this super small town.
Ehhhh

Lithonia, GA

#12 Jun 1, 2013
Now 18+*
Harley

United States

#13 Jun 1, 2013
All the real hoes work at izzys lmfao like.........
Love

United States

#14 Jun 1, 2013
I like the way the clubs are set up I like their dance floors!
Cool

Keller, TX

#15 Jun 26, 2013
I've heard that one of the partner owners is such a prick. And no wonder they have made it 18+, ive witnessed him hitting on girls every time I see him there. Typical. On another note, I personally think they do need to be more open minded as well!
Interesting

Corpus Christi, TX

#16 Jun 27, 2013
Ehhhh wrote:
I am from the Valley and Cielo is dirty and unkept. Nothing like Mcallen nightlife. I have not been to Pure or Rio but I heard it's decent during weekends. Another friend of mine got in a fight with a bouncer supposedly over having his arms tattoo'd and couldn't get in even though the bouncer told them they'll allow them in if they paid him $20 more. Which goes to show how those people work. I hear it's not 18+, which like party girl said would happen. Too many clubs in this super small town.
What is the best place to go dancing and meet people in Mcallen?
I recently moved to the area and am just wondering.
visitor

United States

#17 Jun 27, 2013
Just looking for a nice place to take friends
lora

Corpus Christi, TX

#18 Nov 17, 2013
Really nice place the door guard and the girl they r really nice + the bar t... nice place to have fun but the 2 guys how working inside they r not nice.. and so rude ... big ellay so nice.. really these guys make the people run a way from there
Any tejano bar

Houston, TX

#19 Nov 17, 2013
Any tejano bar is ghetto just saying
hey

San Antonio, TX

#20 Nov 17, 2013
Yea these clubs suck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corpus Christi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to look without Craigslist? 6 min Curious 40
22 year old pool cleaner looking 1 hr Cujo 2
Fat women 5 hr BrobaFett 79
What's mighty whiteys problem? 8 hr BrobaFett 33
Selina Castro 9 hr Mile 1
bottom virgin 10 hr Robertkelly 4
threesome (Sep '10) 11 hr Joe 23

Corpus Christi Jobs

Personal Finance

Corpus Christi Mortgages