American Bank Center
Angry Taxpayer

San Antonio, TX

#1 Feb 24, 2009
Did anyone catch the story that WE have paid $11 MILLION over the past 4 1/2 years to support the American Bank Center? What corruption! Why on Earth is American Bank's name on something that we are paying for. This is criminal. They are chargin our firefighters more for health insurance, but we are paying that amount of money for that stupid American Bank Center. Who got paid-off to do this. The Mayor? The City Council? Crooks!

United States

#2 Feb 25, 2009
I have been there twice, once to the rodeo and once to ZZ Top . ZZ Top will never return , I was ashamed at the turn out. I have seen them all over Texas and it s usually a sell out. One thing I noticed is that they do not advertise the big events enough . I personaly didnt hear ZZ beng advertised save every once in awhile on 104.5 However, they advertised Carlos Santana to death as well as George Lopez . This place has to be for everyone. I dont know if they overbuilt for the city or its the economy or what ... but the advertising isnt equal and is not working .

Since: Jun 08

El Paso

#3 Feb 26, 2009
They call it reverse racism Dutchess. Why I have no idea.. would seem that racism is racism no matter who the target is.

But I hear the OP complaint, and wonder the same thing.. I thought sponsorship meant they stuck their neck and capitol out there, not ours. Its criminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corpus Christi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On da betch drinking 2 hr Mandilon 5
Sheilah Huape (Montelongo) 2 hr Bella90 10
Ts natalie backpage (Jul '17) 3 hr 1977k9in 31
baby “faith” gomezz 3 hr Liz 1
Fajitaville 7 hr Juandabeast 1
In need of getting laid 8 hr Poossy Lover 5
Flatline (Feb '15) 9 hr Chuck 65

Corpus Christi Jobs

Personal Finance

Corpus Christi Mortgages