KUQI Fox Channel 38 Corpus Christi

Posted in the Corpus Christi Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
rabbit ears

San Antonio, TX

#1 Feb 4, 2008
Can anyone get KUQI the new FOX network station on channel 38? The old channel that is now KDF on channel 48 comes in great. This new FOX station on 38 is an outright mess! Fuzzy and it hardly comes in at all. I did some searching and they said the new FOX station will have more power although it doesn't come in very well in S. Corpus Christi.

Is anyone getting good reception?
Jim

San Antonio, TX

#2 Feb 5, 2008
I can't receive this station worth a damn. They had better improve the signal or the sponsors will abandon fox if nobody can watch their station.

I live in Flour Bluff area BTW.
fifth element

AOL

#3 Feb 5, 2008
Its a great station it has "terminator" on it chill out.its new they will work it out,I LOVE IT .
Angela

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Feb 5, 2008
we have direct tv and time warner both and don't get the station at all. I am not sure who to be mad at. The people who own the station who don't know what the hell they are doing, or FOX for making sure the change over failed miserably. I will be really pissed if I have to miss American Idol all season because people who own this station can't figure out what they are doing.
Michael

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Feb 5, 2008
It is not on DIRECTV but it is on Time Warner and Grande and DISH. You can find out more information on tech361.com .
Jackie

Nashville, TN

#6 Feb 5, 2008
I wrote to Fox yesterday about the whole change over. I have Directv and looks like I am sol. Tonight I did recieve an email about the whole situation. Here is what they have to say:
Hello,
Direct TV has assured us that we will be on soon. We have no control over when Direct TV will decide to carry our channel. We are on every other cable provider (Grande, Time Warner, Charter, and DISH). You can also view our channel through broadcast (ANTENNA) Channel 38. Thanks again and sorry for the trouble!
Mirabelle Sanchez (KUQI)
Operations Manager

I too tried to pick up the signal. Mostly snow. Reminds me of the old days before cable. Hopefully if enough people complain, something will be done
Ken

San Antonio, TX

#7 Feb 5, 2008
Jackie wrote:
I wrote to Fox yesterday about the whole change over. I have Directv and looks like I am sol. Tonight I did recieve an email about the whole situation. Here is what they have to say:
Hello,
Direct TV has assured us that we will be on soon. We have no control over when Direct TV will decide to carry our channel. We are on every other cable provider (Grande, Time Warner, Charter, and DISH). You can also view our channel through broadcast (ANTENNA) Channel 38. Thanks again and sorry for the trouble!
Mirabelle Sanchez (KUQI)
Operations Manager
I too tried to pick up the signal. Mostly snow. Reminds me of the old days before cable. Hopefully if enough people complain, something will be done
Before I could get Fox with an antenna that attaches to my dish no problem at all. Now it is broken-up and cuts out every few seconds. The old station 47 works great. There should be no reason that the quality should drop off so much using an antenna. In the paper they said that they would have a stronger signal to reach more people. I guess they are reaching people but not those living in Corpus Christi.

I hope the FCC knows about this. I think they need to approve the licenses for these stations and I wonder if the FCC knows they are cutting out people with antennas after the switch????

I guess this is the same with everything in this city. If it works give them some time and it will be screwed-up.
JSA

Alice, TX

#9 Feb 6, 2008
We are receiving KQUI TV just fine on TW Cable
in Anaville. It's on Channel 3. Enjoyed watching
"Prison Break" with a decent picture for a change.
They're also broadcasting KRIV TV FOX 26 news
from Houston at 9:00 PM. It's good to watch a
well presented local newscast for a change.
Now they need to show "Mike & Juliette" in the
mornings.
kJH

San Antonio, TX

#10 Feb 6, 2008
I tried using antennae and get absolutely nothing but snow.

I have Direct TV and can't believe they are not broadcasting channel 38 - American Idol is my favorite TV show.
rabbit ears wrote:
Can anyone get KUQI the new FOX network station on channel 38? The old channel that is now KDF on channel 48 comes in great. This new FOX station on 38 is an outright mess! Fuzzy and it hardly comes in at all. I did some searching and they said the new FOX station will have more power although it doesn't come in very well in S. Corpus Christi.
Is anyone getting good reception?
SAL78

Mission, TX

#11 Feb 6, 2008
I called DTV and they had NO IDEA what was even going on....he told me NOTHING he said that would have to wait 45-50 to see if they could get approval for the East or West channel...WTF?? I am sssooo pissed too as I have had to miss American Idol... this is the only time I really watch Fox though! We just need to keep BOMBARDING them!!!
SAL78

Mission, TX

#12 Feb 6, 2008
uuggh that message was ugly sorry, I am so made that I am not typing all the words...45-50 days he said I would have to wait to see if the waiver goes through!
SAL78

Mission, TX

#13 Feb 6, 2008
Jackie wrote:
Hello,
Mirabelle Sanchez (KUQI)
Operations Manager
How did you get the email or something to write?? I can not find anything and I would like them to hear my two cents!!!!
David

San Antonio, TX

#14 Feb 6, 2008
kJH wrote:
I tried using antennae and get absolutely nothing but snow.
I have Direct TV and can't believe they are not broadcasting channel 38 - American Idol is my favorite TV show.
<quoted text>
I'm thinking of filing a complaint with the FCC about this mess. Something just doesn't add up here with this new Fox station. They said the reason they changed stations was the signal would reach more people yet nobody I talked to in Corpus Christi can get the signal anywhere in the city with the same equipment they used before. Channel 38 Fox is a wash-out joke and anybody who is paying them money for advertising is not getting their moneys worth the way it looks.
steve

Corpus Christi, TX

#15 Feb 6, 2008
I have been calling directv since monday and they dont know a darn thing and they dont care. One guy even told me to call the local station to find out why they are not being broadcast on directv. I phoned a writer from the caller times who wrote an article regarding the affiliate change and she stated that kuqi has told her they sent in the contract to directv over two weeks ago and have not rec'd a response from directv. I am going to find a way to get out of my contract with directv as I obtained the service under the assumption major networks would be provided.
Jackie

Nashville, TN

#16 Feb 7, 2008
Sal78,
I emailed Fox(found the link on fox.com ). Was waiting in a response from them. Instead I recieved the email from Mirabelle Sanchez, Operations Director. Her Email address is: [email protected] I also have her Phone number, but this site will not let me post it. You can email me if you would like it.
Jackie
[email protected]
jeff

San Antonio, TX

#17 Feb 7, 2008
Jackie wrote:
Sal78,
I emailed Fox(found the link on fox.com ). Was waiting in a response from them. Instead I recieved the email from Mirabelle Sanchez, Operations Director. Her Email address is: [email protected] I also have her Phone number, but this site will not let me post it. You can email me if you would like it.
Jackie
[email protected]
all i know is that fox 38 reception sucks since monday and the fcc allowed this to happen?

i looked on wikipedia and this fox station is now run by a company called HIGH MAINTENANCE so maybe they should have given fox to a company called LOW MAINTENANCE
Clay

Odessa, TX

#18 Feb 7, 2008
I feel that if you had Direct TV and was recieving the Fox channel to begin with, as part of your contract, then Direct TV is in breach of the contract for not supplying what they advertise and for charging for a chennel we are not recieving. I could care less who's problem it is, being a huge Nascar fan this really has me pissed off.
Clay

Odessa, TX

#19 Feb 7, 2008
I am from Alice but I am currently out of town thats why the town listed under my name shows Arlington, TX.

:)
MAC

Berclair, TX

#20 Feb 8, 2008
any new news? im a big nascar fan as well I just upgraded my dtv to hd which cost about 230 dollars. Now i have to get the rabbit eyes out to watch the bud shootout!great this is BS!!!!!!!!!!
MAC

Berclair, TX

#21 Feb 8, 2008
rabbit ears i mean

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corpus Christi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What is the most annoying TV commercial in CC (Aug '09) 6 min Joeyb5353 29
Miranda Garcia 49 min Unknown 7
The Megaplex (Jun '12) 1 hr One more time 2,799
monica santos lmt (Sep '15) 5 hr GiveItARest 10
Dont go to the megaplex. It's nothing but guys (Jun '15) 6 hr Gary 19
Good Pain Management Doctor (Apr '14) Tue Patient 10
need my car paid.. Tue ShyGuy2016 8

Corpus Christi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance