Teen Challenge Exposed!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 May 30, 2007
A former Teen Challenge student exposes this abusive Christian alcohol and drug program. Although seen by many as a worthwhile organization, Teen Challenge has a dark side, one of pathological abuse and an obsession with the almighty dollar.

http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com
Someone who knows

AOL

#2 Aug 17, 2007
Do you read your Bible. EVERYTHING happens through prayer and nothing without it. I know all about teen challenge.
You belive what you do because you are either a weak Christian or an atheist. You must have no faith. Logic comes for the tree of knowledge which Eve ate from and caused them to be put of the garden. Yes it's from the devil. I belive you took that way out of context.
Before you make fun of an organization that saved 1000's of people read and STUDY your Bible. Dont think the Lord wont ask you why you reported such lies. You put doubt in peoples mind and those in Teen challenge you spoke ugliness into their lives. So I pray for them, strength, and that Jesus Christ will be with them always and that the writer of this horrible article gets SAVED. Touch him lord in a mighty way that he may see you are THE way the truth and the Light and no man comes unto the Lord without Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Aug 17, 2007
I probably know more about the Bible than you do. I gave my life over to Christ for many years, until I realized what an enormous hoax the pile of dog feces known as Christianity is.

I am now a fully recovered ex-Christian and am quite satisfied with my life. The reason I put the site together is because, knowing that I was a journalism major in college, several Teen Challenge students asked me during my final months at the Riverside location to expose this detestable "ministry" for what it really is. After being contacted by concerned citizens who read my site, I helped to keep a Teen Challenge from opening in Eureka, CA, and am now in the process of doing the same in Eugene, OR.

Thanks for your feedback.
Poor Mike

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Sep 10, 2007
I feel sorry for you. It looks like you went in looking to play the role of the victim right off the bat. Poor Mike, another victim of the nasty Christians...I'm sure a prison guard would have been much nicer.
You just keep up the hard work, maybe you can keep another treatment center from opening, because addicts are better off smoking crack and meth than hearing about Jesus.
BSH

Bozeman, MT

#5 Dec 13, 2007
Teen challenge is an awesome program, it has changed many lives for the better. Just because you people couldnt hack it is no reason to bad mouth these God loving people!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#6 Dec 13, 2007
BSH wrote:
Teen challenge is an awesome program, it has changed many lives for the better. Just because you people couldnt hack it is no reason to bad mouth these God loving people!!!
I completed the year, Einstein. I walked across the stage and received my certificate. Try reading the web site before posting any more ignorant comments.
David

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Dec 31, 2007
I am interested to know how Christianity has hurt you? Why do you call it a "pile of dog feces" when Jesus says he has come to give you "abundant life"
And may I ask your current age?

Just a concerned fellow struggler.
Bryan

Anchorage, AK

#8 Jan 6, 2008
Great Job Mike! I am a former Baptist Junior minister who has turned away from the lies of Christianity. Keep up the good fight in exposing the truth.
andy

Bossier City, LA

#9 Mar 5, 2008
you are a liar and you will stand before jesus one day and answer for what you are doing. im a graduate of teen challenge too. the things you say are total lies i never had to sign up for food stamps and the program did not make any money. the counsellors all lived on a very meager income. in fact their income made them eligible for food stamps. just one question for you sir, who is JESUS? did you meet Him? you stand guilty before him now maybe one day you will repent and turn your heart over to Him before you spend eternity in hell. you have been warned!!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Mar 5, 2008
andy wrote:
just one question for you sir, who is JESUS? did you meet Him? you stand guilty before him now maybe one day you will repent and turn your heart over to Him before you spend eternity in hell. you have been warned!!!
F*ck Jesus. F*ck him and the sl*t that had him.
JDM

San Antonio, TX

#11 Mar 30, 2008
"Professing to be wise, they became fools"- romans 1:22! I've been to Teen Challenge for 15mts, and they never graduated me! Didn't even make "doorm leader" I worked everyday, and sometimes didn't get to eat. I was mad for a little while and then I remebered one thing. When I was in the world I missed meals for days. I stole things to buy drugs. I couldn/t believe I was whining over a missed meal and a hard day of work. I can do it for SATAN but not GOD? The very creator of this univ, and savior of man. I don't condemn you. It is not for me to say where you will go. What I do is pray and plead with Jesus to intervene in your life and reclaim his son from the lies of the enemy. In JESUS NAME.
JDM

San Antonio, TX

#12 Mar 30, 2008
Michael Kincheloe wrote:
A former Teen Challenge student exposes this abusive Christian alcohol and drug program. Although seen by many as a worthwhile organization, Teen Challenge has a dark side, one of pathological abuse and an obsession with the almighty dollar.
http://www.teenchallengeexposed.com
"Professing to be wise, they became fools"- romans 1:22! I've been to Teen Challenge for 15mts, and they never graduated me! Didn't even make "doorm leader" I worked everyday, and sometimes didn't get to eat. I was mad for a little while and then I remebered one thing. When I was in the world I missed meals for days. I stole things to buy drugs. I couldn/t believe I was whining over a missed meal and a hard day of work. I can do it for SATAN but not GOD? The very creator of this univ, and savior of man. I don't condemn you. It is not for me to say where you will go. What I do is pray and plead with Jesus to intervene in your life and reclaim his son from the lies of the enemy. In JESUS NAME.
Sarah

Shreveport, LA

#13 Apr 3, 2008
I am sorry you were hurt. Do you do drugs now? How did you get off the drugs?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14 Apr 3, 2008
Sarah wrote:
I am sorry you were hurt. Do you do drugs now? How did you get off the drugs?
My drug of choice was alcohol. My last drink was October 19, 2004. Alcoholics Anonymous worked for me.
Marcy

United States

#15 Jan 7, 2009
Was it Teen Callenge that turned you against Christianity or something else? Just wondering. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear your arguements. Like what made you believe at first, and then what changed your mind.
Marcy

United States

#16 Jan 7, 2009
P.S. I did read your article, which is why I want to know... if you don't mind. I'm just curious.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#17 Jan 8, 2009
Marcy wrote:
Was it Teen Callenge that turned you against Christianity or something else? Just wondering. If you don't mind, I'd like to hear your arguements. Like what made you believe at first, and then what changed your mind.
Marcy, I was raised a Christian; I am a confirmed member of the Lutheran Church.

Teen Challenge changed my mind. Any God that would allow an organization like that to exist is either substandard or doesn't exist in the first place.
Either way, he/she is not worthy of my devotion.

Have a good day.
Marcy

United States

#18 Jan 9, 2009
... or His people forgot how to act... He gives us freewill. He doesn't force us to follow His will or love Him...

The bible says "they will know we are Christians by our love." If their actions were less than loving, then it begs the question, "are they really Christians?"

Not every "Christian leader" is a Christian. Sad, but too true. I've run across a whole lot who thought they were, but didn't really have a clue.

It would take hours to address the issues you brought up, but the main points are that obviously 1)Teen Challenge needs to re-evaluate its leadership and method in a MAJOR way, and 2) No matter how moronic people who claim to be Cristians act, God is still good, He still loves you, He still loves screwballs like me. He tells us how to live, but if we don't listen, He's more than likely not going to MAKE us.

I'm a cynic by nature. If it weren't for Him teaching me about His love and showing me His love, I would be in such a mess I would probably have killed myself by now. I'm not just making things up for you... it's the truth. That's why it makes me sick to hear about people who call themselves Christians acting so vulgar to people. I know for a fact that it grieves the heart of God.

Turning from God doesn't do them any harm though... in the end, the only person it hurts is you. You say you're happy and fine now... and I'm glad.

But what happens when you die? Rejecting Jesus is the only way to hell. Everything else is no longer punishable by death, because Jesus already took that punishment for us on the cross.

You probably think I'm a cheeseball.

I wish I could undo all the damage they did to you.

All I can do though is to tell you that God loves you whether you choose Him or not.
Steven

Idaho Falls, ID

#19 Apr 13, 2009
in your article you talk about how 12 step programs are more effective. Then you go on to say "Trying to cure (or even control) addiction through prayer is like trying to eat soup with a fork; after a while, you begin to realize that it's not happening!". You have just contradicted yourself. Being a member of NA for 4 years now I can tell you that prayer is one of the foundations of staying sober through the NA/AA programs. Sponsors instruct their sponsees to pray everday and ask their higher power for strength to stay clean and to thank God every night for helping them to stay clean that day.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#20 Apr 13, 2009
Steven wrote:
in your article you talk about how 12 step programs are more effective. Then you go on to say "Trying to cure (or even control) addiction through prayer is like trying to eat soup with a fork; after a while, you begin to realize that it's not happening!". You have just contradicted yourself. Being a member of NA for 4 years now I can tell you that prayer is one of the foundations of staying sober through the NA/AA programs. Sponsors instruct their sponsees to pray everday and ask their higher power for strength to stay clean and to thank God every night for helping them to stay clean that day.
My sponsor doesn't pray; he's agnostic, and has been sober for 26 years. Spirituality will help you stay sober; you don't need prayer or a supreme being for that (Buddhism is all about spirituality, and since it's a humanistic religion, it has no supreme being, and no prayer).

Both AA/NA instruct the alcoholic/addict to pick a god of their own choosing. My "G.O.D." is Group Of Drunks; we can accomplish as a group what we cannot accomplish by ourselves. I have been sober since October 19, 2004, and during that time I have not uttered a single prayer, not even the serenity prayer.

So, you see, I haven't contradicted myself at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corpus Christi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Augie Omega (Jul '15) 39 min Shanon Garcia 18
The Megaplex (Jun '12) 44 min newgirl 2,430
Rebekah Von D 2 hr Trade 1
look out Corpus christi. A snitch out there (Oct '15) 2 hr Lol 10
Nancy Hernandez 3 hr Badger8118 3
Ugly people on local tv news (Jan '11) 10 hr Just saying 78
The beach 12 hr Gabe5 75
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corpus Christi Mortgages