L & F Distributors ( Budweiser )

Posted in the Corpus Christi Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Perfect

Fullerton, CA

#1 Apr 13, 2011
Anyone work here before??? I was thinking of applying but friends say they will use and abuse you for pennies less...Is this true???
Curious George

Fullerton, CA

#2 Apr 16, 2011
yes its true, stay away from them. They will charge you for even loooking at them
Hope this helps

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Apr 20, 2011
If you are responsible and take your job seriously, you should not have any problems. Know the julian date, rotate the stock, and pull beer from a store if it's almost out dated and deliver it where it will sell quickly. He also had to do product displays and work some weekends restocking beer at the grocery stores. Just be accurate count your cases when delivering and you should not have a problem. My husband, then boyfriend worked for them about 10 years ago. Back then the driver was responsible to purchase your own beer license and you were also responsible for collecting payment and getting your deposit slip ready at the end of the day. I think he was charge once or twice for out dated beer that just was missed by him and his partner. He used to work for L&F out of Alice. He never really had a bad experience. It's team work. They had nice Christmas party also went to the convention in San Antonio once. You actually had the opportunity to drink a Budweiser that had been produced that very same day. Those were the good old days, I had my own sexy Bud man!
Hope this helps

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Apr 20, 2011
Oh ya, you need a commerical driver's license. L&F let him use their truck so he could take his CDL Class A driving test. Some companys will not do that and you have to rent a truck. Because, of L&F's generosity, it gave him an opportunity to better himself. He still has his commercial license today and has helped him get good jobs. A definite plus on your resume! I'm certain the 18 wheeler class at DelMar College is over $2000.00!
Serious Mel

Corpus Christi, TX

#5 Apr 24, 2011
Well, I have my own sexy Bud man now and what he shares with me after a hard days work is nothing like the good old days that were described by "hope this helps." There is a big lack in team effort and I'm not sure about Christmas parties or heading to San Antonio to drink "same day" Bud. What I do know, however, is that people take their jobs for granted and should be grateful to say, "goodbye babe, I'm leaving for work!" So, work hard or hardly work -- it's your choice. Just know that at the end of the day, lazy is as lazy does!!!!
Teddy

Fullerton, CA

#6 Apr 25, 2011
To "hope this helps". Your husband probably worked for the company when willams owned it. Its nothing like the good old days anymore. Now its more like, not who you know, its who you blow.... The lamatias are very crooked. A friend of mine works there and told me they'll charge you for anything. Don't clock in, twenty five dollars, speed, thirty dollars, and so forth. All the beer has insurance which means if product is mishandled, youll be charged for it. On second, the company receives insurance for the beer at the same time charging you. They're getting double back....!! Is this illegal?? I have yet for someone to answer this....
Mr Perfect

Fullerton, CA

#8 Apr 30, 2011
Dont apply for this company. Theres no team play, and the majority of everyone are lazy. Beside you can make three times more as a cdl driver if you go to places like sysco, labaat, ben & keith, or PFG. A driver at L&F will make on average of 900 to 1000 every two weeks. If he gets lucky because of holidays he could see 1100 after taxes. The other companys listed above you can take home on average 900 to 1100 a week. With the other companys you get paid for the hard work you do and its worth it. THe choose is yours!!!!!
HTH

Edroy, TX

#9 Apr 30, 2011
No wonder they are despertly seeking driver's with CDL's! The do not pay enough. Subcontract companies who employee workers at the refineries make more than driving truck. Atleat $23 -$25 dollars an hour. Something to consider if you have the skills of carpentry, rod buster, boilermaker, iron work, etc.
Itolduso

Harker Heights, TX

#10 Apr 30, 2011
This is one of the worst distributors to work for. The employees are degraded and taken advantage of, in every way possible. An employee is charged for everything, from beer to speeding. There are now cameras in all vehicles and you are not allowed to even have a drink in your vehicle or you will be written up and maybe even charged for it. Employees are made to feel guilty if they need a sick day or ask for vacation time. The new general manager, Greg Lamantia could care less about any employee. Everyone that works there is replaceable, no matter how good they do at their job! And he lets you know it. The only reason some people still work there is because they cant do anything else. And mamgement knows it and thats why employees are treated like crap and paid bad. My advice....work somewhere else!!!!!
Tootie Os

Fullerton, CA

#11 Apr 30, 2011
By far the worst company I have ever worked for.....I applied, got hired, and made a good ole $425.00 for busting my ass. I made more at a conveinence store in two weeks (800.00)......I ended up quiting and apply back at my store...DO NOT WORK THERE!!! Its a pain in the butt!!
Teddy

Fullerton, CA

#12 May 1, 2011
tolduso
lol

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 May 2, 2011
go work for andrews...you make less money but you are treated better.i know i worked for both places
Stewie Griffin

Fullerton, CA

#14 May 2, 2011
I would have never thought a company like this could stoop so low. When it was williams it was hard to get into, now they'll hire just about anyone. Goodluck to anyone who appies at this pathetic place....
Pat Benatar

Portland, TX

#15 May 3, 2011
Whatever you decide to do, stay away from that place....Everyone there will rip you off. I tried forming an union, but to many chicken chits.....hope this helps
Crazy Larry

Fullerton, CA

#16 May 6, 2011
keep this post at the top he he
lol

United States

#17 May 8, 2011
dont forget the double dip...they have all the beer insured but the still charge you for it.you wonder how those cheap pricks stay rich?they cheat there workers and there sneaky.l&f is a bullshit company they are unfair and they lie about everything.you will make this much money and will promote you ..yeah right!!!! dont work there this place is a joke and they treat you like you are a nobody...
Mystery

Fullerton, CA

#18 May 9, 2011
I worked there for five miserable years and lol is right. I made it up to salesman and couldnt be regional because everyone has been there all their lifes. My advise is to go work somewhere else. If you have a cdl go to any of the food companies...stay away from l&F
Stalker

Fullerton, CA

#19 May 18, 2011
I wouldnt wish my worst enemy to work here, thats how bad it sucks
berry andruws

United States

#20 May 18, 2011
come work for me, i pay minimum wage!!!!
herestou

Pflugerville, TX

#21 May 18, 2011
berry andruws wrote:
come work for me, i pay minimum wage!!!!
Yeah and can't spell either you would fit right in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corpus Christi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The beach (Feb '16) 1 hr sotxnaughtyfun 145
The Megaplex (Jun '12) 1 hr TMP 5,306
Adult video 2 hr calallenguy 31
Question for the ladies 3 hr Mr freak 1
Make Money Now! 4 hr ReyesFam 1
creampies 4 hr txcc361fun 1
Fantasies? 5 hr txcc361fun 1

Corpus Christi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance