worse daycare....red barn
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#1 Oct 29, 2010
My son started there and it seemed a little shady from the get go the blond girl up front is so rude she even rolled her eyes at me.....they don't pay attention to the babies...I almost hit one going into the baby room she was off the carpet behind the door if I wouldn't have looked in first o could've slammed her with the door......my child came home with another childs diaper a pink one three sizes to big.....I saw one of the pickup van drivers on her phone while driving and almost got side swiped turning into there parking lot.....it seems they have the worst reputation........I would not recommend anybody to take there child there......

Since: Oct 10

Austin, TX

#2 Oct 29, 2010
Silver Spoon is pretty bad also. Its all run by greed with no regard for the children. Very Sad!
Mom

Pflugerville, TX

#3 Oct 30, 2010
I took my child to silver spoon but they were so rude and would never changed my child. I would send a set of clothing everyday just in case my child got dirty but they will call me from work to tell me that she was dirty and I had to pick her up. I would get there and my child would have juice spilled on her shirt nothing major. Everyone that worked there looked like they hated their job or kids. It's just sad that they look like a very nice daycare but they have snobs that are not friendly nor nice.
Not at all

Pflugerville, TX

#4 Oct 30, 2010
My daughter went to Red Barn awhile back. She and I loved it, it was always clean and the staff their were very nice. I had a problem with my daughter, she was to advanced for her age and was getting frustrated with the kids her age. They moved my daughter up a age and she was very. I would go early to watch my daughter eat breakfast and the whole time the staff was nice to the children.
Mine goes

Houston, TX

#5 Nov 16, 2010
Yeah the one blonde (high lights)is a witchy thing.
But lately she hasn't been at the desk.Other than her the staff is always friendly,all the kids are clean and always busy doing something.Aransas is the worst.Mine always screamed (even a month later)when she went there.At Redbarn she is happy to go.And they tell you everything.
Mommy

Houston, TX

#6 Apr 7, 2011
Silver spoon is the worst daycare ever!!! I woud not recommend it to all d parents out there!!! People in there are very rude especially the director herself!! She don't have any manners n she's soo disrespectful!!!
Lin

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Apr 8, 2011
Silver Spoon has been taking measures to raise the quality of care they give. The one on Saratoga is where i hear the most good things about, esp in their older rooms. Rumor also is that they are hiring, if you are good with and can follow rules. Red Barn seems to have a pattern of causing by negligence, severe injury or death to a child every year or so. I do not have experience with either of those day cares personally, but I do keep my ear to their business...
mothergoose

United States

#8 Apr 11, 2011
Ladys if you need good daycare I have daycare at my home but im only taking in 4 children at this time. Why take them to a daycare with lots of children? Where they cant give them more attention? I offer babysitting monday-friday maybe even weekends. I cook, change diapers, bath if nec., read, toys,movies outside time ect. I dont charge as much as they do either ;) live in a nice subdivision & once they get to know me theyll love coming here :) let me know
Got to check this out

United States

#10 Jul 27, 2015
Silver Spoon is under new managment!
Margarette Perez is in charge of this Child Care establishment. She has been doing this for almost 20 years and puts pride in her childrens learning.
My wife and I are both particular with who we leave our son with (even when it comes to family). Ms. Margarette is hands down the best child care provider I have ever heard of or come across. Trusting, honest, and loving doesn't start to describe her.
I will put it this way, my wife is a nurse and Ms. Margarette was referred to us by her coworkers. If numerous RNs recommend her (the same people we trust in the hospital when we are sick) love and recommend her, then that is saying a lot!
Our son has been with Ms Margarette since he was a baby. His is now 4 years of age and adores her.
She is on and follows school curriculms. Our son comes home everyday with something new that he has learned and also comes home about 3 times a week with simple homework like letter, numbers, shapes, etc... Again, our son is 4 years of age and he is already reading, writing, and doing all his numbers.
All of her kids in the past have left her teaching (when it is "big school" time) already know everything that is presented to them in public school.
She not only prepares your child for "big school" but she teaches them about the simple rights, wrongs, and respect.
We love her as if she was our sons adopted grandmother.
This type of work is hands down, her calling from god
Ccguy

Corpus Christi, TX

#11 Jul 28, 2015
Ccguy
Leeannmunoz

Corpus Christi, TX

#12 Nov 4, 2015
Silverspoon is worse! My son came home with a huge SCRATCH on his butt and what looked like nail marks, as if someone were trying to pinch him!!! When I confronted the director she claimed a part of the fence had come up and my son got stuck on it. That made it no better because then that would mean no one was watching him and he could have LEFT the premises and God knows what could have happened. I told them that I didn't believe that for one second and I knew someone scratched and pinched him!!! They kept reassuring me that it didn't happen. He continued to go for a brief while, but shortly after I saw an ex employee at walmart and she explained to me that they were splitting portions of food to one third the recommended portion size. I was also told if the children ask for seconds, they aren't allowed more food!!! She showed me pictures she had taken and when I confronted the director she said it was not silver spoon and that she never feeds children those meals. It 100% was silverspoon. I took my son out of that daycare THAT DAY and I'm REPORTING them! I will be showing them pictures of his scratch and pinch marks along with the other pictures I was shown. To top it off a friend of mine whose child also attends sent me a picture of her one year old's head, he too had a HUGE scratch on his head and when she confronted the director she said he didn't get that scratch from them and she didn't know what happened. She's also seen the pictures of the food portions and removed her son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corpus Christi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Megaplex (Jun '12) 3 hr wireston 3,084
Any guys with a panty fetish? (Aug '15) 4 hr pantylover2112 14
Any real available men out there? (Feb '13) 5 hr Suure 263
Hairstyles at supercuts veronica martinez 10 hr Concern citizen 1
$500 14 hr Calallenguy 1
Just want to mess around 15 hr Bottoms up 10
Family 15 hr Excited 4

Corpus Christi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance