Chicken Fan Fights City Hall

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from Sep 20, 2011, titled Chicken Fan Fights City Hall. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Leslie Crawford and her two white-leg hens have a good deal going. In exchange for a little feed and a cozy coop in an island paradise, the snowflakes, as she calls them, provide her with two fresh eggs a day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Character Counts

San Diego, CA

#1 Sep 22, 2011
Leslie Crawford knowingly broke the law. She knew that owning chickens was against city code and decided that the law didn't matter - she was going to do what she wanted no matter what the law stated. What if everyone decided it was okay to break the law? In this community, we are supposed to be teaching our children that "character counts" ... citizenship, trustworthiness, respect, responsibility and caring are part of the character traits we are attempting to instill in our children. Did Leslie Crawford "care" when she broke the law? Did she "care" how others might feel? Did she demonstrate "respect" for the law?The answer is simple - NO! Furthermore, the chickens are NOT in her backyard, they are in her front yard. I fully support the neighbors and many others I have spoken to who are absolutely against having chickens in Coronado due to the proximity of the homes. Leslie Crawford decided she could make her own laws. She thinks it's funny that she broke the law and is trying to make fun of the situation. Leslie Crawford does not follow the law, and it is sickening to observe Coronado residents supporting the fact that she broke the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coronado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay teens (May '13) 11 hr Rarau98 35
gay/bi teens 11 hr Rarau98 3
roxy blue 30 11 hr Dizzle9 15
News Surenos gang member gets new trial date (Aug '08) 11 hr microadsl 284
Crystal Rows research reviews 11 hr microadsl 2
http://www.daleelmanzel.com 12 hr microadsl 1
Review: SelfHelpWorks 21 hr williammayhew559 19
More from around the web

Coronado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE