Who do you support for San Miguel Fire Protection District, Director in California (San Diego Cou...

Posted in the Coronado Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Ray

La Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Voted For Jeffery Harrison

Fiscally responsible.
AK

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Voted For Jim Custeau

Because he knows what he's taking about.
Areu

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

If you want to see knowledgable individuals on the San Miguel Fire Board, cast your 3 votes for:

Jim CUSTEAU
Kandhy FRANKLIN and
Jeff NELSON!

I believe they will be financially responsible, understand the fire service far better than some of the other candidates, and are committed to putting your life and safety first when you call 911. When seconds count, you want highly trained paramedics and firefighters at your door; not a brochure on how to test your smoke detector. LIFE SAFETY FIRST! Fire Prevention Brochures second.
Concerned

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

DON'T VOTE FOR JEFFERY HARRISON
VOTE FOR ANY OF THE OTHER HONEST CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR
SAN MIGUEL FIRE DISTRICT BOARD OF DIRECTORS

The 2010 Candidates for SMG Board of Directors all have different strategies on how they plan to "Fix" the San Miguel Fire District. I won't try to persuade you as to who has the right approach but will say that the other candidates are at least being honest when they address you. Not so with Mr. Harrison. Rather than selling himself, he's trying to discredit his opponents by misleading you with false information. Look at his web site and take notice that it is "read only". One can not make a post or ask questions because then Mr. Harrison would have to be accountable for what he say's. Look at the signs he's posting around El Cajon and Spring Valley. They simply slander the other candidates rather than show why he would be the better choice.

His campaign approach is to talk down our Firefighters as he tries to turn the public against them. He say's the Firefighters are supporting other candidates because they want to be the "Foxes guarding the hen house". He's not even part of the organization and yet he's already making negative accusations and insulting the people he hopes to lead. What kind of working relationship will this be?

Non Productive!

If there was ever "Foxes guarding the hen house" it's the Board of Directors. They were recently asked to take a pay reduction like the Firefighters and "they voted" to keep their wages with no reductions.

While some of the other candidates have offered to serve on the board without compensation, Mr. Harrison will accept generous wages. After all, becoming a Board of Director for the San Miguel Fire District is a very profitable position. They are the highest paid board members in Southern California as well as the most heavily staffed. With such a small department, why do they need 7 board members when all other fire departments have 5 members? Having more members makes each board of directors work load smaller yet they are still the highest paid.

I DON'T GET IT.

WHAT I DO GET is that when a Fire District cries poor mouth and tries to impose tax assessments, raises fees to local business owners, shuts down a Fire Engine, runs 6 Firefighters short, forces the remaining Firefighters to take a 10% pay cut and then gives the Chief a RAISE, votes their own level of compensation to the highest paid Board of Directors in Southern California, and believe it or not, deposits an EXTRA $820,000.00 in the bank in addition to budgeted operating cost...

SOMETHING IS WRONG !!

Talk about having the "Foxes Guarding the Hen House". Get rid of the Board of Directors that are trying to return to their high paying positions. They have all admitted that San Miguel is in trouble and they are the ones who led us to where we are.

Don't put the same old faces with tired ideas back in control.

Mr. Harrison, during these tough times we need leaders and problem solvers not another angry politician.

You have already failed as a solution to better business at San Miguel!

Concerned

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Ray wrote:
Fiscally responsible.
Hi Ray,

I wish Harrison was "fiscally Responsible" as you say. Unfortunately, he's not. His only campaign message is how wrong everyone is if they are not supporting him. What has he ever done for the fire district? When has he ever shown up to a board meeting in the past? He has simply been asked to join the "good ol' boy" club at San Miguel and wants to cash in. To top it off, he's accusing the Firefighters of being corrupt because they are supporting other candidates.

The Firefighters have taken huge pay cuts to help save the fire department they are so proud of. They have given up benefits. Now they are fed up with seeing the Board of Directors and Chiefs giving themselves pay raises and increasing their benefits off the backs of the Firefighters. These directors have cut service to you and I by running the department with 6 less fire fighter paramedics and 1 less fire engine. So?? Everyone has taken cuts except the Board of directors and the Chief. Mr Harrison wants to join that club. Are you aware that the San Miguel Fire Chief and his $150,000 a year Personal Information Officer (who also happens to be the Chiefs next door neighbor) also sit on another board with Mr. Harrison? It almost seems like a conflict of interest to me when the fire cheif sits on a baord that governs the buisnesses he serves and now has a member of that board trying to get on his governing board. Smells like a "Good ol' Boy club to me...
jef eatchel

La Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

If the board members decide to remove any of the life saving item at the el cajon station they will have to live with the fact That this is a high level fire risk area and why would you remove any of the fire fighters fire engines or one structure fire engines. What do you all have a short term memory . Many of my neighbors lost there home along with all their possions just a few years back.. Do you really what to be the reason that others can and will be in the same position we need to bulid yp the fire fighting staff not reduce it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coronado Discussions

Search the Coronado Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 35 min Oldies news stand 4,852
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr 74 pecent 7,815
16-Year-Old Injured While Standing up on Double... 2 hr Susan 9
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Oldies news stand 200,214
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 3 hr Oldies news stand 2,223
Maryanne Maloney (Apr '12) 13 hr Sue Wallace LeClair 105
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 18 hr This topics peaked 15,911
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for San Diego County was issued at July 12 at 8:57AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Coronado Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Coronado Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••