First Prev
of 2
Next Last
blade

AOL

#1 Apr 25, 2008
Police on campus at Corona's Santiago High after tension between groups
Posted by: PE News
Tension between two groups of students at Santiago High School escalated this week, bringing police to the Foothill Parkway campus.
Corona police officers were called to the school during the lunch hour Wednesday after receiving reports that trouble might be brewing among the two groups of students. The students apparently had been involved in a dispute previously, said Sgt. Jerry Pawluczenko, of the Corona Police Department.
No fights occurred and no weapons were found despite rumors to the contrary, school and police officials said.
Two students suspected of pulling fire alarms were arrested Wednesday, Pawluczenko said.
School officials are pursuing disciplinary action against students who may have been involved in the incident, said Bob Brew, spokesman for the Corona-Norco School District.
Between 200 and 300 students were reported absent from Santiago on Thursday, a slight increase over previous days, Brew said.
The school is conducting state Standardized Testing and Reporting exams this week. School officials sent a recorded message to parents Wednesday night to alert them of the situation.
Security on the campus also was increased and will remain in place as long as necessary, Brew said. Police patrolled the school and neighborhood Wednesday and Thursday.
"There didn't appear to be any problems at all today," Pawluczenko said Thursday. "It was probably more of an appearance of something going on than an actuality. We had people there because we didn't want anything to happen."
Santiago students can report concerns or suspicious activity anonymously on the school's hotline
iTS LOVE

Corona, CA

#2 Apr 25, 2008
this is still going on .. my little brother goes to that school and its getting a little ridiculous.. when u have to be dismissed by each individual.. kids just need to grow up!
Kev

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Apr 29, 2008
blade wrote:
Police on campus at Corona's Santiago High after tension between groups
Posted by: PE News
Tension between two groups of students at Santiago High School escalated this week, bringing police to the Foothill Parkway campus.
Corona police officers were called to the school during the lunch hour Wednesday after receiving reports that trouble might be brewing among the two groups of students. The students apparently had been involved in a dispute previously, said Sgt. Jerry Pawluczenko, of the Corona Police Department.
No fights occurred and no weapons were found despite rumors to the contrary, school and police officials said.
Two students suspected of pulling fire alarms were arrested Wednesday, Pawluczenko said.
School officials are pursuing disciplinary action against students who may have been involved in the incident, said Bob Brew, spokesman for the Corona-Norco School District.
Between 200 and 300 students were reported absent from Santiago on Thursday, a slight increase over previous days, Brew said.
The school is conducting state Standardized Testing and Reporting exams this week. School officials sent a recorded message to parents Wednesday night to alert them of the situation.
Security on the campus also was increased and will remain in place as long as necessary, Brew said. Police patrolled the school and neighborhood Wednesday and Thursday.
"There didn't appear to be any problems at all today," Pawluczenko said Thursday. "It was probably more of an appearance of something going on than an actuality. We had people there because we didn't want anything to happen."
Santiago students can report concerns or suspicious activity anonymously on the school's hotline
What 2 groups?
Seems kind of tactful, if someone's going to report something, then they should report it.
Anyone know what "2 groups for kids" means?
iTS LOVE

Corona, CA

#4 Apr 29, 2008
Kev wrote:
<quoted text>
What 2 groups?
Seems kind of tactful, if someone's going to report something, then they should report it.
the two groups consist of one the blacks and two the mexicans
liiz

United States

#5 Aug 22, 2008
i go there.
it was pretty interesting.
Loki

Eden Prairie, MN

#6 Sep 17, 2008
Santiago is the School of Hard Knocks, you either make it, or you get it in the pooper.
TireSpinner

Riverside, CA

#7 Sep 17, 2008
Get ur sh!t puuuuushed in!
aha

Corona, CA

#9 Sep 18, 2008
school of hard knocks? you gotta be kidding me.
bridge

AOL

#10 Sep 18, 2008
It is because of Obama.
brunette18

Corona, CA

#11 Oct 25, 2008
bridge ur stupid... but neways santiago has always had huge racial tension and the school does nothing to help it. we're known as the "stuck up rich school" which is dumb because half of the students are nowhere close to wealthy. Its the immature WANNA BE gang bangers and immature ghetto ass blacks tryin to act tough. these kids need to be raised better and there parents need 2 get slapped for raising kids like this.
bridge

AOL

#12 Oct 26, 2008
brunette18 wrote:
bridge ur stupid... but neways santiago has always had huge racial tension and the school does nothing to help it. we're known as the "stuck up rich school" which is dumb because half of the students are nowhere close to wealthy. Its the immature WANNA BE gang bangers and immature ghetto ass blacks tryin to act tough. these kids need to be raised better and there parents need 2 get slapped for raising kids like this.
neways?
big D

Santa Ana, CA

#13 Dec 14, 2008
brunette18 wrote:
i agree they all claim to be from compton when they were born and raised here in corona and they all went to all the same elemntary and middle schools to gether ... oh and the funniest thing is black dudes wearing skinny jeans and trying to sagg them frikin hillarious oh and the mexican wannabe gangsta from cvls with the spikey hair all are lames and yes santiago hs is a joke i remember the days at centennial when i would say f**k cvls when it was the outsiders versus corona hahah and im mexican dam it was funny seeing these lil wannabe cvls gangsters wearing the vans with knee high white socks and small ass dickie shorts they thought there were big and bad ... man f**k corona big bad los angeles county right here
luis solis

United States

#14 Feb 28, 2009
Kev wrote:
<quoted text>
What 2 groups?
hi my name is luis solis and i am going to be new to santiago high and i just want now if there is alot of mexicans or whites oh one last question are the kids prejedice to people oh and have a nice day tommorow
luis solis

United States

#15 Feb 28, 2009
big D wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree they all claim to be from compton when they were born and raised here in corona and they all went to all the same elemntary and middle schools to gether ... oh and the funniest thing is black dudes wearing skinny jeans and trying to sagg them frikin hillarious oh and the mexican wannabe gangsta from cvls with the spikey hair all are lames and yes santiago hs is a joke i remember the days at centennial when i would say f**k cvls when it was the outsiders versus corona hahah and im mexican dam it was funny seeing these lil wannabe cvls gangsters wearing the vans with knee high white socks and small ass dickie shorts they thought there were big and bad ... man f**k corona big bad los angeles county right here

hi my name is luis and im going to be new to the schoiol and do u go to the school and yeah that is funny that black people try to sag there pants that is freakin funny oh and have a nice day tommorow
school daze

Panorama City, CA

#16 Mar 1, 2009
Its named after Santiago, Chile
and you

Panorama City, CA

#18 Mar 1, 2009
And you Mr. Bank love to eat your Mother.
Coronista

Tustin, CA

#20 Mar 1, 2009
So, the way to ease racial tension and bring about the peace all the loverly libs talk about here in beautiful So Cal is to denigrate all the kids, call them all pansies and say how bad things were when you went to BadAzz High.

The sadist thing is all the children (and that's what they are) are just carrying on the same prejudices their parents had. Get over it and live your own life.
House watch 2009

AOL

#22 Mar 1, 2009
Coronista wrote:
So, the way to ease racial tension and bring about the peace all the loverly libs talk about here in beautiful So Cal is to denigrate all the kids, call them all pansies and say how bad things were when you went to BadAzz High.
The sadist thing is all the children (and that's what they are) are just carrying on the same prejudices their parents had. Get over it and live your own life.
I totally disagree with you saying that these kids are just carrying over their parents prejudices, to be totally honest I am ahh stricken with the younger kids prejudices have towards each other!! My son did not get it from me, but learned it in the Great High Schools of Corona. So please just beware!! They may tell you there are no problems, but I must disagree and Santiago is one of the worst.
shibbity do ba

Chino Hills, CA

#23 Mar 25, 2009
i love your moms tacos
Gadget X3

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Nov 14, 2013
f**k you Homie CVLS4st gang all day illl f**k your A** up ESE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
12460 Riverside Dr. Mira Loma, CA 91752 22 hr MIRA LOMA WAREHOUSE 28
Review: Sunset Packaging Department Warehouse M... Sun SUNSET PACKAGING JOB 1
Review: MSP Heating and Air Sun johnhenders 1
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Sat Im mee 4,851
News What was that giant, weird-looking dome you saw... Aug 18 Mullahing It Over 2
Review: Adam Keith Labanics Aug 17 ADAM KEITH LABANICS 1
Review: Maricela Espinoza Aug 17 MARICELA ESPINOZA 1

Corona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corona Mortgages