Appeal court reinstates murder charge...

Appeal court reinstates murder charge in Ontario overdose case

There are 98 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from May 1, 2009, titled Appeal court reinstates murder charge in Ontario overdose case. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A state court of appeal reinstated murder charges Friday against an Ontario man accused of thwarting attempts to seek medical care for his girlfriend as she died of a drug overdose.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
crazynot

Covina, CA

#87 Jun 2, 2009
debbe wrote:
<quoted text>
and you shouldn't be talking xxxx if you don't know all the truth and facts yourself.
unless you are a 'retired defense attorney' all defense attorneys want is to get their clients OFF. that's their job. regardless if the person is guilty or not, it's how to get them OFF according to our screwed up 'laws'...
And all a dried up old hag wants is to blame someone for her daughter's death when it was her own fault. Tell me, you lived through your daughter's beauty. Is that it, Debbie? Thank God we have defense attorneys to defend people against the likes of people like you who want to find someone to blame for everything and send them to prison!
crazynot

Covina, CA

#88 Jun 2, 2009
debbe wrote:
and NO she was NOT his girlfriend. she barely knew him...
i don't care how much you feel you know someone on a second date and dump them, but Miranda sees the good in all people and doesn't judge them.
like you seem to do.
you are the one who was being referred to as heartless.
our laws were based on moral issues. not for anything but moral saftey. you take morals out of our laws as they have been and this is what you get. and it's people like you who help propetuate this.
Which is it, Debbie, second date or 10 weeks worth of dates? You don't think your daughter was smart enough to know what Girvan was about in 10 weeks time? Who do you think you're fooling? Certainly no jury!!! You want to paint your daughter with a white brush and put a halo over her head in private. Go right ahead. But in that courtroom, her whole character will be brought into question. Starting with the very fact she dated the dude for 10 weeks! Yeah, she saw the "good" in him so she continued to date him. And so whenever we see the "good" in any low class scum of the earth we need to date them??? Get real.

So one of your friends called me "heartless". LOL. And I'm supposed to run scared. Our laws are not here for YOUR "morality" Debbie. They protect us from whacko nutjobs who want to impose their own "morality" on the entire country. Why didn't you teach your daughter not to hang around drug dealers? Since you're so high up on the moral perch you put yourself on.

Call me heartless and attack me, I'll come back atcha lady! You've had enough time to grieve your daughter's loss. And it is sad to lose a child. But unless you stop seeking vengeance you will marinate in it.
DEBBE2CRAZYYES

United States

#91 Jun 3, 2009
WHATEVER, MY RESPONSE DIDN'T GO THRU. I'M DONE 'CHATTING' WITH YOU....U R MEANINGLESS TO ME.
AND TO THE BANK... FU...
DEBBE2CRAZYYES

United States

#92 Jun 3, 2009
crazynot wrote:
<quoted text>
And all a dried up old hag wants is to blame someone for her daughter's death when it was her own fault. Tell me, you lived through your daughter's beauty. Is that it, Debbie? Thank God we have defense attorneys to defend people against the likes of people like you who want to find someone to blame for everything and send them to prison!
UR AN AXX
crazynot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#93 Jun 3, 2009
Exactly The Bank ... a "party girl". Such a waste. She could have had the world going for her. Instead she wasted it on party party party and drugs. Hooked up with the wrong guy....

People tend to idealize their loved ones after they're dead. They don't want to believe they could have any faults whatsoever.

Hopefully the jury will be neutral and see this for what it is.

One more thing Debbie: The reason I assume Girvan didn't hold anyone hostage is he is not being accused of it. I'm quite sure if there were evidence of this sort, you would have already yapped about it.
ruben

Chicago, IL

#94 Aug 3, 2009
so deb whens the next court date?
Deb

Tarzana, CA

#95 Aug 3, 2009
nothing scheduled until possibly in Sept. depends on what the CA Supreme Court decides to do. There was no article on the fact defense went to CSC. but they have appealed the Appellate Courts decision. Now we are just waiting. There are no time constraints.

email me anytime. Deb
Deb

Tarzana, CA

#96 Aug 3, 2009
crazynot wrote:
Exactly The Bank ... a "party girl". Such a waste. She could have had the world going for her. Instead she wasted it on party party party and drugs. Hooked up with the wrong guy....
People tend to idealize their loved ones after they're dead. They don't want to believe they could have any faults whatsoever.
Hopefully the jury will be neutral and see this for what it is.
One more thing Debbie: The reason I assume Girvan didn't hold anyone hostage is he is not being accused of it. I'm quite sure if there were evidence of this sort, you would have already yapped about it.
u know what they say when you ASSUME things.

I really feel you are one mean person and I want to tell you, you may feel as you might, but you are and your opinion - meaningless to me. All I know is that I want truth and a jury to hear this case and make their decision, based on what facts are 'allowed' into these last days for Miranda when she died. Not all the story will be told, but as I've said, Girvan, Miranda and God know what happened completely, the one who cannot tell what happened and why and how, is dead. The other would know the truth if it smacked him in his face. But he must live with the knowledge of what actually did transpire, not that I feel he will ever give the complete truth, nor have any remorse whatsoever.
yet,'you', are a bizarre AND mean spirited person, a right to your own opinion of what little you do know of anything or the people involved. to say what you have said above.
Deb

Tarzana, CA

#97 Aug 3, 2009
*TYPO* "would NOT" know the truth if smacked in the face with it...
crazynot

Covina, CA

#99 Aug 15, 2009
yawn...anyone who disagrees with Deb is "mean spirited" whatever!
debbe

Tarzana, CA

#100 Aug 16, 2009
read what you write in a more objective way and you shall see what I mean.

you are not being mean spirited because you disagrre with me, it's your words and the message you say to me in all this. i have never told anyone they do not have a right to their own opinion, read mine back too while you are at it.

also, when a "higher court" appeals a decision made by a 'lower judge who has erred' it is quite meaningful that those higher Justices 'agree' with what the prosecutors have presented in order to bring him to trial, it is not a conviction, it is what he is charged with and goes to trial for a jury to hear and make a decision from. i don't know how much clearer I can make that. I am asking only that a jury reaches the decision.

The California Supreme Court was asked to hear this case by the defense team, and it was DENIED.

So now we go back to trial. Why is it so wrong that I want a jury to decide his guilt or not?

I've never blasted you nor said anything but what I believe in, and you take anything I say and make it out as an attack against the opinion of yours, which is tainted with mean spirited anxt against my daughter and myself.

*yawn* right back at cha...
crazynot

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#101 Aug 24, 2009
Debbie, this is a tedious and boring subject now. I have moved on. YOU go back and read all your posts and see how defensive you get whenever someone disagrees with you that the evidence is lacking this is murder. I only responded back at you when you got nasty.

As for the trial, good. There is going to be a trial. And let's hope the jury is competent and looks for EVIDENCE and not just circumstantial and opinions.

Hopefully, also, the public defender does a good job. Everyone deserves competent representation.
Deb

United States

#102 Aug 24, 2009
?= why then are you bothering to come here and continue posting? certainly showing no boredom here. otherwise just go away. you don't need to respond to each post I respond to. I'm sure there are many other topix forums more interesting for you to go to...
p.s.
I'm too am glad the trial is beginning, and I do pray for true justice. The truth is what we all want. Not twisted defense strategies. TRUTH.
IN GOD I TRUST.
Deb

United States

#103 Aug 26, 2009
oh and btw... the Prosecutors ONLY present evidence and facts,for the jury to make their decision by and law. they do not use circumstantial and opinions.

:""People" " use public forums for voicing their circumstances and opinions. So for some strange reason, of what you write continually, I think you are a bit mixed in the head.

So yes, girvan will get a fair and competent defense, prosecution, and decision made by a jury of peers. No deals no someone other than the jury can decide if he was responsible for the life of my daughter Miranda. That is what I've said so many times again and again. and it is you who are tedious and boring with your opinions.
be that as it may, you have a right to your opinion, as well, I have a right to mine, and I know much more than you do about the whole situation. Miranda is not on trial. Miranda is gone. girvan and what he did or didn't do is what will be given to the jury.

and that comment about I've had enough time to grieve for my daughter is not in debate here, and none of your business. oh, how I so hope you NEVER lose a person in your life to an early untimely death due to someone elses actions, car accident or illness. Someone you love so much and whether its a blood relative or not. Do not EVER tell anyone else how and when to grieve or not to grieve or how much time it takes.

This is when I called you heartless. and you are, in my opinion.

aside from all that, anyone who cannot stand behind their opinion with their true name - as I have also stated, has meaningless input into discussion pages. Its not a matter of that I care who you are or not, but the plain and simple fact is what you say is something you don't want to have associated with you.'anonymous' crazynot
hardly...
novio

Rochester, NY

#104 Aug 25, 2010
Does anyone know of tragedies similar to this one also occuring in the Rochester, NY area? PLease Post.
RIP Miranda

La Mesa, CA

#105 Sep 13, 2012
Hi... Does anyone know if there is any updates on this case? I don't know what happend that day but whatever it was, I think its sad that this crazy man didn't let her get medical attention!.. I can't believe there is ppl like this out there!!
No Justice in SBCO

Fullerton, CA

#106 Sep 13, 2012
RIP Miranda wrote:
Hi... Does anyone know if there is any updates on this case? I don't know what happend that day but whatever it was, I think its sad that this crazy man didn't let her get medical attention!.. I can't believe there is ppl like this out there!!
There never was a trial by jury. Defense asked for plea deal, D.Dowd & etal decided the case. He pled to Voluntary Manslaughter on Sept 9, 2011. Took until Dec 9th, 2011 to hear the sentencing. 6 years for her life. He'll be free to roam again Oct. 2012. This injustice is not only to Miranda, but to the community he'll be back.

Family wanted jury to decide. DA & Public Defender #4 or.#5( I lost track of how many ) both got their win/win deal.at the cost to all, of.True Justice, Fair And Equal Rights...Not to Forget the Public Service and safety of others. Two people are gone, two defendants got freedom.

Miranda's Right to life taken, as was Cameron Harrington's 5 months before. Just doesn't make any sense.
RIP Miranda

La Mesa, CA

#107 Sep 13, 2012
That animal will pay for what he did one day in hell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 1 hr What a joke 4,832
Locksmith 2 U review Sat Locksmith2ullc 1
Nissan fcc id Sat Locksmith2ullc 1
Collett Street Jun 24 Collett Street Drugs 1
DEFEND our BORDERS Jun 22 Anahuac 2
BEWARE DR. JOHN HUSTED- Bariatric Surgeon (Apr '14) Jun 10 Teach 16
Dos Lagos Jun 7 MJ 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corona Mortgages