Russell Miller

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Feb 9, 2013
My wife and I are considering a move to Corona. We currently live in Lake Forest, Ca in a 1250 square foot home we bought in 2008 for $435,000. The good news is that we have about $75,000 in equity that we are considering taking and bringing to Corona. We would buy a nice 4 bedroom house for $320-$350 and she would stay home and I would continue working. I work in the hospitality industry, specifically private clubs, so my work house are roughly 11:00am until 8:00pm or later, and I have no problem paying to use the toll road everyday if I must. People that work for me say that they can get to Green River from Newport in 45 minutes during rush hour if they pay to use the toll road, is that accurate? Any other thoughts on my situation?
kfly

Van Nuys, CA

#2 Feb 9, 2013
The traffic here in corona is awful!! People get off at green river and cut through our town instead of staying on the freeway!!!! Getting to the store or dropping kids off at school has become ridiculous!!
KPz

Chatsworth, CA

#3 Feb 10, 2013
It depends on where the house you're planning on buying is in Corona. Getting to Green River is only half the problem. Unless the house is off that off ramp, you still will have to deal with the traffic going thru Corona on the 91. I work in Costa Mesa and live in south Corona off the 15. It takes just as long to get from Costa Mesa to the 241/91 interchange as it does to go from there to the 15. The 91 is like a funnel at Green River. Everyone coming or going to the IE must go thru that funnel to get there. There are no reasonable alternatives. Corona suffers for that because it serves as a "cut thru" city for everyone. Thus our surface streets are jammed everyday. Your work hours of 11 to 8 will help you, however---they are outside the typical peak traffic hours.
Your Equity

Chatsworth, CA

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Russell Miller wrote:
My wife and I are considering a move to Corona. We currently live in Lake Forest, Ca in a 1250 square foot home we bought in 2008 for $435,000. The good news is that we have about $75,000 in equity that we are considering taking and bringing to Corona. We would buy a nice 4 bedroom house for $320-$350 and she would stay home and I would continue working. I work in the hospitality industry, specifically private clubs, so my work house are roughly 11:00am until 8:00pm or later, and I have no problem paying to use the toll road everyday if I must. People that work for me say that they can get to Green River from Newport in 45 minutes during rush hour if they pay to use the toll road, is that accurate? Any other thoughts on my situation?
Yea, stay where you are! to many infiltrations of gangs here, they think we aren't watchin, we are. This Corona belongs to the citizens not gangs...
Heck

Huntington Beach, CA

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Your Equity wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, stay where you are! to many infiltrations of gangs here, they think we aren't watchin, we are. This Corona belongs to the citizens not gangs...
. R u kidding this is safe city unless you can't mind your business no matter where you go if you look for trouble you will find it I've been here many years with no problems what so ever cheaper then Orange County and safer then riverside not many shootings here at all
Russell

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#6 Feb 10, 2013
KPz wrote:
It depends on where the house you're planning on buying is in Corona. Getting to Green River is only half the problem. Unless the house is off that off ramp, you still will have to deal with the traffic going thru Corona on the 91. I work in Costa Mesa and live in south Corona off the 15. It takes just as long to get from Costa Mesa to the 241/91 interchange as it does to go from there to the 15. The 91 is like a funnel at Green River. Everyone coming or going to the IE must go thru that funnel to get there. There are no reasonable alternatives. Corona suffers for that because it serves as a "cut thru" city for everyone. Thus our surface streets are jammed everyday. Your work hours of 11 to 8 will help you, however---they are outside the typical peak traffic hours.
May I ask how long it takes you to get to work? I am thinking of moving to either south corona or literally that track of homes that is off green river over by the Taco Bell. What is a no-no time for the 91? Like between 7-9 and 5-7 or what?
KPz

Chatsworth, CA

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask how long it takes you to get to work? I am thinking of moving to either south corona or literally that track of homes that is off green river over by the Taco Bell. What is a no-no time for the 91? Like between 7-9 and 5-7 or what?
From Cajalco and the 15, during the time of year that school is in session, it takes an average of 70-75 minutes---45 of those to just get through Corona, either on the freeway or by surface streets. When school is not in session , it takes about 50 min to 1 hour. It takes about the same amount of time to get home. Peak traffic hours are during the hours you mention, but anymore it can be bad anytime-- even during the weekend. There are plans to extend the toll road from Green River all the way to the 15 and Cajalco, but ETA is like 2016 or something like that. Won't kid ya, the traffic sucks out here. Having said that, I will tell ya I love where I live and it's worth it to me. I used to live off Green River, in Sierra Del Oro, but moved to the Dos Lagos area off the 15 two years ago. It is very nice out here -- great living -- even thoug it added a half hour to my commute.
Russell

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Feb 17, 2013
KPz wrote:
<quoted text>
From Cajalco and the 15, during the time of year that school is in session, it takes an average of 70-75 minutes---45 of those to just get through Corona, either on the freeway or by surface streets. When school is not in session , it takes about 50 min to 1 hour. It takes about the same amount of time to get home. Peak traffic hours are during the hours you mention, but anymore it can be bad anytime-- even during the weekend. There are plans to extend the toll road from Green River all the way to the 15 and Cajalco, but ETA is like 2016 or something like that. Won't kid ya, the traffic sucks out here. Having said that, I will tell ya I love where I live and it's worth it to me. I used to live off Green River, in Sierra Del Oro, but moved to the Dos Lagos area off the 15 two years ago. It is very nice out here -- great living -- even thoug it added a half hour to my commute.
Do you work 9:00am - 5:00pm? I would be leaving my house at 9/9:30am to get to work daily, and leaving to come home at 7/8/9 at night. I work Saturday and Sunday too and I imagine the traffic cant be quite as bad on the weekends right? Sorry for all the questions, but when are thinking about changing your lifestyle you gotta be careful. Thanks again.
KPz

Chatsworth, CA

#9 Mar 10, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you work 9:00am - 5:00pm? I would be leaving my house at 9/9:30am to get to work daily, and leaving to come home at 7/8/9 at night. I work Saturday and Sunday too and I imagine the traffic cant be quite as bad on the weekends right? Sorry for all the questions, but when are thinking about changing your lifestyle you gotta be careful. Thanks again.
I am lucky that I don't have a strict start time. I usually get to work around 8:15-8:45. I leave at 7:15 from Cajalco and 15. I carpool, but since we don't take the freeway in the morning, that doesn't give us much of an advantage. We leave work between 5-5:30 and get home about 6:30-6:45. We take the 55, 91, and 15 to get home and the carpool lanes really help then.
You will still have some traffic with your work hours--- but bad st all. Go for it...you'll love it here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Standstill in fatal stabbing (Apr '08) 6 hr David G 9
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Tue Ted 4,833
News California governor denies parole for Manson fo... Aug 18 Slim Jim 14
BEWARE DR. JOHN HUSTED- Bariatric Surgeon (Apr '14) Aug 18 Anonymous 21
Review: Good Times Collision And Restoration (Jul '15) Aug 16 fastmagna 5
who is the biggest gang in riverside? (Jan '12) Aug 16 Rubidoux_123 38
Cresta Road Trash Aug 11 Hate Trash 3

Corona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corona Mortgages