Man found dead in Corona, police susp...

Man found dead in Corona, police suspect homicide

There are 232 comments on the San Diego News Network story from Dec 12, 2009, titled Man found dead in Corona, police suspect homicide. In it, San Diego News Network reports that:

The body was found just before 4 a.m. in a gated community in the 4700 block of Feather River Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Diego News Network.

Joey

Los Angeles, CA

#63 Dec 18, 2009
GRC wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof on that, or are you just making a judgement/false claim? You're in LA anyway what do you care about Corona?
ask lee, or any other person that has all facts, there are people out there who do know what really went on that night that are on this board

lets say all this is false..just for kicks...what are all these people doing at a party 4am in morning? some of you people out there dont want to believe the truth, and call all these people liars when they are really giving extra information
user

Orange, CA

#64 Dec 18, 2009
Joey wrote:
<quoted text>
ask lee, or any other person that has all facts, there are people out there who do know what really went on that night that are on this board
lets say all this is false..just for kicks...what are all these people doing at a party 4am in morning? some of you people out there don't want to believe the truth, and call all these people liars when they are really giving extra information
since you know the whole story why don't you tell us. did they know each other? what led up to the gun being pulled out? I dont think people just pull a gun out just for kicks something must have happened for him to do so. How many people were there at the time? Was this gang related?
Chaos

Fullerton, CA

#65 Dec 18, 2009
This story is such a tragedy. My question after reading the story is, if the shooter was acting in self defense, why did he leave the scene? This is a very interesting case. Unfortunately, it seems very irresponsable and a chosen way of lifestyles by both parts. If the shooter was an innocent victim and saving himself, why, once de-arming the guy, did he shoot him in the head? At a 4am party, in a residential area, shooting and killing someone, sounds like an idiot who has ruined many lives.
Perturbed

Los Gatos, CA

#66 Dec 19, 2009
I completely agree with Chaos! Yes why did he flee? Sounds like a sign of guilt! My heart goes out to the victim and his family and friends.....now the shooter's life
and his family will be in turmoil as well as the victim's family's lives.......such a sad ending to a senseless crime. R.I.P.
greenriver girl

Panorama City, CA

#67 Dec 22, 2009
he was shot in the head insead of the leg because it all happend at a instant. if some one where to pull out a gun on me and tried getting it back i would have shot too. he was shot in the head on accident. i know this because i know the people who were there and the man in jail. he feels deeply sorrry and peope who wite he got what deserves has no anything about him. im sure the "victim" was a good person as well but he brought the gun and intended to use it, the man in jail is sorry for what happend he does deserve a fair trial, ppl who are saying he deserves what he got are speaking emotionally not logically. the "victim" should never have brought the gun and the witnesses should not have provoked this problem that was obviously not solved. yes the "victim" has a family and im sorry for your lose but the man in jail also has a family and girlfriend friends and people who love him too,he was a good man as well and im sure will never ever do as much as hurt a fly anymore, he was important to people too and hes locked up for something he was just protecting himself and his friends. we all are suffering, corona is turning ghetoo and we're losing friend and family, the man in jail should be givin a fair trial and some how apoligize to the "vicitms" family im sorry for both the men and i pray for the victims family and i pray for the man in jail. take what i have said into consideration,
greenriver girl

Panorama City, CA

#68 Dec 22, 2009
and i know for a fact he fled because he was scared he had just shot a man and was afraid and yes he felt guilty because who wouldnt anyone with God in his head would, even if it was self defense he was scared he didnt know what to do im sure hes never been in this situation he fled out of fright and im sure needed to clear his head.. people think logically this isnt something that you can just comment on and it not be takin seriously. there is a reasonable explaination for everything you ppl are asking for christ sakes the man was scared beyond no normal comprehension! i would have fled too to clear my head and firgure out exactly what happend!! im sure his mind was racing. i feel bad for that man im sure he sees the victims face a million times everyday in his head isnt that punichment enough? to live with that mental picture in your head and on your conscience forever...he wasnt a bad person, sure hes made mistakes but the man had dreams and goals, that he should still be able to accomplish. hes young and it was self deffense im saying no more you ppl can take it as it is or not. but think logically and to answer your question of why did the victim bring the gun? i have no idea does anyone know why ppl do the things they do? he was upset obviously.it was not gang related...there were witnesses but i dont know if they are to come forward adn admit they are the cause for this dispute between the shooter and victim.
greenriver girl

Panorama City, CA

#69 Dec 22, 2009
and "angry" you are obviously the "victims" family member. id like to say i know for a fact that the shooter doesnt own a gun never shot one never killed someone, my heart goes out to you it really does but think logically like i said before stop using foul language and if i could i would be on that stand testifying it was neither of the vicitm nor the shooters fault there was a dispute that was intigated and the shooter was prtecting himself and others...please here me out i was at that party and i already talked to the police :( this is a sad thing to have happend iw ould gladly go to the vicitms house and give my apoligys and take there mean insults and words to the shooter and then i will tell them that im sorry this happend, it was nither their fault things just happend i can honestly tell that family im sorry and the shooter is sorry you have no idea how sorry he is and not just because hes locked up but because he took someones life on accident that had a family and friends please "angry" dont say mean things to me just hear me out everyone hear me out. "LEE" I KNOW YOU KNOW THE SHOOTER AND YOU DO NEED TO GO ON TRIAL AND DEFEND HIM OR ELSE WHO IS THE OTHER WITNESS HE NEEDS BOTH OF YOU AND IF YOUR NOT THE WITNESS SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING THE SHOOTERS FAMILY NEEDS THE WITNESSES TO BE ON HERE COMMENTING NOT SOME ONE WHO DIDNT KNOW HIM WELL AND THIS IS HARD AND STRESSFUL FOR BOTH PARTIES HELL THS IS STRESSFUL FOR ALL OF GREEN RIVER!! I JUST WANT ALL OF THIS TO END I WISH NON OF THIS HAPPEND BUT THINK LOGICAL PLEASE THATS ALL I CAN SAY....IM SO SORRY TO THE VICIMTS PARENTS AND FAMILY BUT THINK ABOUT THIS SITUATION.I HEARD THE GUN WAS REGISTERD TO HIS FATHER SO PLEASE IF THE FATHER OF THE VICTIM IS READING THIS THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR DOING IF YOU HAVNT ADMITED THAT YOUR GUN IS MISSING AND YOUR SON KNEW WHERE IT IS, THINK ABOUT NOT JUST THE LIFE BUT THE LIVES YOUR RUINING BY WITH HOLDING THIS INFORMATION. THANK YOU.
greenriver girl

Panorama City, CA

#70 Dec 22, 2009
hope wrote:
let me also add that the gun was cocked and loaded with the safety off and hammer pulled back before it was taken away,the victim had the intentions to kill, and its kill or be killed these days unfortunatley, the poor kid probably barely taped the triger when it fired. Shity situation for both partys.
wow hope i just have to say....yes your right it is kill or be killed these days it was cocked loaded with alot more than 1 bullet iv heard and he did just barly tape the trigger...hes so sorry people please stop with these shwred comments hes only 21 he ran cause he was scared.. oh God im sorry to the vicitms family and the the shooter please there is so much sin in this world, your son had the entension to KILL someone!! do you not understand that...he was defending his liife! he did not look when he shot honestly hes a good man and i know this for a fact hes a very good man and he doesnt deserve this...
Wella

AOL

#71 Dec 23, 2009
greenriver girl wrote:
<quoted text>
wow hope i just have to say....yes your right it is kill or be killed these days it was cocked loaded with alot more than 1 bullet iv heard and he did just barly tape the trigger...hes so sorry people please stop with these shwred comments hes only 21 he ran cause he was scared.. oh God im sorry to the vicitms family and the the shooter please there is so much sin in this world, your son had the entension to KILL someone!! do you not understand that...he was defending his liife! he did not look when he shot honestly hes a good man and i know this for a fact hes a very good man and he doesnt deserve this...
If this were all the facts and they are true he would be out of jail! Don't you think, see you are hearing it second hand too!
greenriver girl

North Hills, CA

#72 Dec 23, 2009
Wella wrote:
<quoted text>
If this were all the facts and they are true he would be out of jail! Don't you think, see you are hearing it second hand too!
i know what the truth is though. just because i did not actually see it i know the truth and what i heard was the truth iv heard it from both the witnesses and the shooter so i know what i know and if you people keep questioning the truth its going to make ppl lose hope alrightyy now im not hear to argue with anybody ok? i just want ppl to know the trruth and how both parties feel im not going to reply to any of this anymoe its stupid and it will not solve anything i just hoped it would help ppl have another view of the situation good bye
greenriver girl

North Hills, CA

#73 Dec 23, 2009
Wella wrote:
<quoted text>
and no he wouldnt be out of jail i understand the law and they still must investigate and listen to both parties and i understand that they have to think about the situation so no he wouldnt be out of jail..im through good bye
Greg

Pasadena, CA

#74 Dec 23, 2009
greenriver girl you are being one-sided!
Greg

Pasadena, CA

#75 Dec 23, 2009
If you look your boy up on MYSPACE you can get a good idea of what kind of guy he is. If he wasnt a trouble maker he would never have been in this sad situation. He still represents "CROWN TOWN" right?
Angry

Norwalk, CA

#76 Dec 24, 2009
I looked up DENNIS TOKAREV on myspace and my assumptions were all true about this punk! Trying to act all hard on myspace and trying to prove to your friends what a hard ass you are and now look it??? You're sitting in jail crying and feeling sorry for what you've done! I'm sorry to say but you deserve it!
Greenriver girl...of course your friend is sorry for what he did...he committed the worst crime in the book! I'm glad he sees the victims face everynight before he goes to bed!
greenriver c

Portage, MI

#77 Dec 24, 2009
Angry wrote:
I looked up DENNIS TOKAREV on myspace and my assumptions were all true about this punk! Trying to act all hard on myspace and trying to prove to your friends what a hard ass you are and now look it??? You're sitting in jail crying and feeling sorry for what you've done! I'm sorry to say but you deserve it!
Greenriver girl...of course your friend is sorry for what he did...he committed the worst crime in the book! I'm glad he sees the victims face everynight before he goes to bed!
thiss punk.. mother f**ker you dont even know him
how can u judge him if u neve meet the guy. by the way you think
i can just judge you a fucken idiot. dont say sh*t you dont know
or dont know about.. the victim brought the gun LOADED COCKED AND THE SAFTEY was OFF how can u say he wasnt out to kill someone elsee
what does that tell youuu dbagg
Angel

Long Beach, CA

#78 Dec 24, 2009
greenriver c wrote:
<quoted text>
thiss punk.. mother f**ker you dont even know him
how can u judge him if u neve meet the guy. by the way you think
i can just judge you a fucken idiot. dont say sh*t you dont know
or dont know about.. the victim brought the gun LOADED COCKED AND THE SAFTEY was OFF how can u say he wasnt out to kill someone elsee
what does that tell youuu dbagg
Profanity just makes you more like the animal that is in jail. How are you telling Angry to not say sh*t he/she doesn't know? From the looks of things you don't know much either. C'mon Dbagg?? Are you for reals as a choice of insult. You really are a juvenile delinquent and a poorly educated one. How sad, now go away and run with scissors.
Angel

Long Beach, CA

#79 Dec 24, 2009
Greg wrote:
If you look your boy up on MYSPACE you can get a good idea of what kind of guy he is. If he wasnt a trouble maker he would never have been in this sad situation. He still represents "CROWN TOWN" right?
LOL, wow Greg! As Greenriver C would say that animal behind bars Dennis looks like a Dbagg!!! LOL Jesus, I sympathetize for his parents as to perhaps raised imbecile.
Perturbed

San Jose, CA

#80 Dec 25, 2009
Greenriver girl- don't believe everything you here....seriously, the victim's dad has past several years ago so if you want him to come forward, he'd have to come out of his grave! That just goes to show you, what you hear had not been the complete truth!

I understand Denis' family position in protecting him as the victim's family trying to find justice. Both family's have been deeply hurt.

The shooter went there looking for a fight! He is all not that innocent and it didn't happen in an instant. IT was NOT self defense!

All I have to say is, it will all come put during trial. All the shooter's friends and family will see the truth! It shall set the victim free to truly R.I.P.

heart

South Gate, CA

#81 Dec 27, 2009
greenriver, you are straight stupid. don't come here trying to tell the truth when you heard the story from other people of whom which were probably the murderers friends and family. why wouldn't they defend him?

i hope the murderer gets what he deserves so the victim, his friends and family, are at ease.
Honest

Hilmar, CA

#82 Dec 27, 2009
I can't really take anything on here too serious. There are no eye witness accounts. I read a lot of third hand accounts of what is supposedly the truth.

Self defense? Not likely. I can't understand how the firearm would have been shot by accident or that it was instinct. But then again this will be for a jury of his peers to decide. Not this onesided court of public opinion.

The funniest thing I have read so far are the testimonies of those who are close to the shooter. You don't know what happened. You know what the shooter, his family or friends want you to know. So stop trying to pass it off as fact. If you still believe it's a fact then please look up the word. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Please try to remain respectful. Both parties have famalies and friends involved in the matter. I am hoping the truth will come out in the trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California governor denies parole for Manson fo... Aug 18 Slim Jim 14
BEWARE DR. JOHN HUSTED- Bariatric Surgeon (Apr '14) Aug 18 Anonymous 21
Review: Good Times Collision And Restoration (Jul '15) Aug 16 fastmagna 5
who is the biggest gang in riverside? (Jan '12) Aug 16 Rubidoux_123 38
Cresta Road Trash Aug 11 Hate Trash 3
News Chino Hills isn't free of gangs (Feb '08) Aug 8 Mikeyhelikesit 53
Police failed to do her job Police didn't even... Aug 7 K12kjj 1

Corona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance