Eric Smith gets 4th try for parole next week

Jun 4, 2008 Full story: Star-Gazette 275

CORNING -- Convicted murderer Eric M. Smith, formerly of Savona, will get his fourth opportunity for parole next week.

Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
justagirl

Rochester, NY

#283 Apr 17, 2012
married into the family wrote:
i am married into Erics family. i do not know Eric but i do know his family. all of you who are blaming his mom and family obviously don't know them. i know that what Eric did was horribly wrong. and if it were my child this happened to i would not want justice, i would want revenge. but his family should not be bullied because they are not the ones who did it.
as for the robie family i am very sorry for your loss. but come on, i would never even let my 4 year old out of my sight, let alone to walk down the street alone. but i am also not blaming u. i do blame Eric because a 13 year old should know right from wrong.
i believe Eric should be released but closely monitored. there is someone working at jc pennys who murdered her BABY and is out on society. she spent years in prison and got out. why is Eric any different.
Do you have kids? Would you like us to release this piece of crap so he can be around the kids in your family? If you don't trust him enough to be around your kids, why should I trust him enough to be able to be around my kids or other peoples kids? I am in no way bashing his/your family. As a parent myself I couldn't even fathom what they have gone through and still go through everyday. It is their child and no matter what your kid does, even murder...you still love them, its just the way it is. However I don't feel that people who do these unthinkable crimes can ever be rehabilitated and be able to be a contributing member of society. He has served a long time, but not long enough. What would he do anyhow? No woman in their right mind would ever date this guy, let alone marry him.(I don't think a gay guy would either) He should never be allowed to reproduce - in fact as a child killer they should just castrate him. No employer in their right mind would ever give this guy a job. So either way we are paying for him for the rest of his life and we the people of his community would just feel much safer with him behind bars.

Why is he any different from other criminals? hmmm well for one he was 13 years old. To be that messed up in the head at 13 tells me their is just something not right in his brain, something that can't be fixed. Also the nature of the crime was so violent. At age 13 you shouldn't be having any thoughts about hurting a little boy, raping another boy, or smaeshing their head with a rock until his brains are gushing out of his head. THAT is what makes this so different.
Citizen

United States

#286 May 14, 2012
Rot, while he works in prison. 8 hour/da, 6 days/wk. Prison factory standing on concrete floor. Work for his life, as those whose taxes pay for his supper and health care.

Probation? What?. Execute him first. No more resources for this. It does no one any good to coddle his questionable soul. Send him to his final judge.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#287 May 15, 2012
Bad Company-1 wrote:
How often is a person allowed to try for parole in New York?
Too often.

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#288 May 16, 2012
excellent. denied again.
Coby

Mississauga, Canada

#289 Sep 15, 2012
Amanda wrote:
If that POS Eric ever gets out, maybe it will be for the best, because maybe someone will find him and do to him what he did to sweet little Derrick. He deserves for horrible things to happen to him. Who the heck cares if he was 13??? What he did was beyond sick and a 13 KNOWS BETTER!!!! He will do something like that again if he gets out because he is obviously an evil piece of scum. Poor Derrick...this story just makes me so sad and so angry every time I think about it. Any of you that think Eric has served enough time because he was "only 13" are a bunch of IDIOTS. And why the hell are any of you even attempting to put some blame on Derrick's mother???? How about have a freaking heart. Ugh. My prayers are with Derrick's family and sweet Derrick. You will all be together again someday.
Are you a blond?
Coby

Mississauga, Canada

#290 Sep 15, 2012
Eric has done his time for the terrible and horryfic crime. I am a teenager who like Eric has been bullied for a long time. I would never kill anybody but I can see why Eric commited a homicide. I seriously feel that a lot of people suffered because the school that Eric and the school that the bullies went to didn't deal with the issue of bullying. I lost my brother, so I know the pain of loosing a family member. I can also feel the sorrow of being rejected by your peers at school and in the community. I know what its like the bike or walk around the city on hours on end... alone. Bless The Robies and The Smiths.

Coby

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#291 Sep 15, 2012
Coby wrote:
Eric has done his time for the terrible and horryfic crime. I am a teenager who like Eric has been bullied for a long time. I would never kill anybody but I can see why Eric commited a homicide. I seriously feel that a lot of people suffered because the school that Eric and the school that the bullies went to didn't deal with the issue of bullying. I lost my brother, so I know the pain of loosing a family member. I can also feel the sorrow of being rejected by your peers at school and in the community. I know what its like the bike or walk around the city on hours on end... alone. Bless The Robies and The Smiths.
Coby
Get some help kid.
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

#292 Sep 15, 2012
If Eric had blonde hair and blue eyes and 20/20 vision, he would have been released years ago.

Location hidden

#294 Sep 25, 2012
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
If Eric had blonde hair and blue eyes and 20/20 vision, he would have been released years ago.
If you were not a complete idiot, you would have realized how stupid that statement is and not written it. Just sayin'
srrrrrrrrrrrrrri iiiiiiiii

Mississauga, Canada

#295 Dec 20, 2012
Wow, so sad.
Coby

Mississauga, Canada

#296 Dec 20, 2012
i_m_watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some help kid.

I am :) But thank you
Concerned

Elkhorn City, KY

#297 Jun 23, 2013
Camilla DENMARK wrote:
You know what, Goldie who ever the fuck you are?
Try going to Savona NY, talk to Derrick Robies mother, and look her in the eyes and say what you wrote right here? Yeah I don't think so.
How low and pathetic can you possibly get? Try loosing your kid like that and having people say stuff like that, Not the greatest thing in the world to hear, I know that. But try going to the place where it all happened and then tell me about it after. I hope that you know what you've said, and I feel sorry for you. I really do.
Hope you understand the pain that family has gone through, and maybe next time you decide to state your opinion on things, get the full story and think about other people. Some of them might have feelings - unlike you.
And about Eric, if possible don't ever let him out. He has done more harm than people know, and no one deserves to feel like that ever. So for families all over, please don't let him out. <quoted text>
Who do you think you are also? I see you cannot read or have had a four year old child. As a parent of two I would never trust mine under any circumstance to walk on streets alone and unattended at four years old. Some have the attention spans of gnats and can be easily coerced into things that older children would not be. Goldie isnt saying that Eric is innocence and he should spend the rest of his life in jail, he should never be released on society. But, were was the mother in all this? How could she turn a four year old loose and expect him to make it to his destination. I think she isnt innocent either just stupid. She should of walked him drove him made sure he got there as any good parent of a four year old child would. Under no circumstances would my four year old been turned loose to fiend for himself too many pervs out in the world today and killers. I really feel for her because if she is a mother at all i bet she has some real guilt .
savona

Gowanda, NY

#298 Oct 28, 2013
Eric has always been bullied in school even on the bus his whole life. His step father didn't like him and abused him everyday and his mother did nothing about it she just let it happen. I feel for the robie family I once lived in that town. But as a mother I would have never let my four year old walk by himself. But Eric's mother teachers should have helped Eric. His mother was the sameway to Eric they made him think he was nothing when he was younger. But still he should have never done what he did to Derrick he didn't deserve that. If someone would have stepped in and helped Eric none of this would have happened at all but everyone looked the other way on him Eric had no safe haven to go to. The teachers just thought he was a bad kids and his parents are nothing why would you make your child feel like he is nothing. But as for Derricks mother the only reason she didn't walk him was because her other child was sleeping oh well wake him up. The road that Derrick walked once you were over that little nole you couldn't see him anymore I walked that road everyday to school. So I blame both families plus Eric but when you are raised to be nothing and no one liked you or wanted you around then you do things that you shouldn't and I am not saying what Eric did was right becasue it was not right to take another life. But everyone needs to see both sides of the story as well. They should have investagted Eric's family way before this ever happened but they didn't. Where was the system when Eric needed them they all looked the other way.
Canuck Person

Fredericton, Canada

#299 Oct 2, 2014
free eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The main excuse for the boy, is just that, he was a boy, a little boy.
You're not saying that being a so called little boy gave Eric Smith the right to commit unjustifiable homicide against Derek Robie are you?

Location hidden

#300 Oct 2, 2014
Rot in Hell, Eric. Enjoy your cell until you die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eric Smith and parole 2014 (Oct '13) Sep '14 Canuck Person 62
bear has passed unethical breeding ??? Sep '14 CoCo1031 1
Area Harley dealership adds Texas location Sep '14 World Kitchen Doper 2
Primary preview: 3 vying for city judge seat Up... Sep '14 Corning CItizen 1
Glass Fruit Display (Dec '13) Aug '14 Jack Kelly 3
Car Vandalism Aug '14 Nyman2187 1
A Haunting In Corning (Feb '12) Aug '14 YankeemAn33 4
Corning Dating
Find my Match

Corning People Search