Syrian disaster worsening: the obama era

Syrian disaster worsening: the obama era

Posted in the Corning Forum

incompetent leadership

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#1 Apr 30, 2013
The administration has said that the United States is closely monitoring Syria’s chemical weapons stocks, which are said to include the deadly nerve agents sarin, VX, as well as mustard gas. There also are undisclosed contingency plans for preventing those stocks from falling into the hands of Islamist groups, the administration has said.
Cordesman, however, warned that sending U.S. special forces into Syria to destroy the regime’s chemical weapons stocks before they could be stolen or used in major attacks is too risky and would likely end in disaster.“It’s a great movie, but that’s where it ends,” he said.
U.S. airstrikes could destroy the stocks – if they haven’t been dispersed to hidden locations – but they wouldn’t end the country’s bloody civil war, which the United Nations estimates already has claimed at least 90,000 lives, forced more than 950,000 Syrians to flee the country and left millions living in devastated cities and towns, Cordesman added.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/04/25/189715/...
Mike the Pike

Yuba City, CA

#2 Apr 30, 2013
The administration and the department of defense as run by an Obama appointee are completely out of their league in handling this problem. No where is it more apparent that our country made a major mistake last November then it is in our foreign policy blunders. The Benghazi problem is just the tip of the iceberg. Weakness and incompetence of our leadership is making the world more dangerous then ever.

And to top it off, we cannot even get them to try and secure the boarder for internal security reasons. God only knows what is being brought into this country by way of Mexico!!!
Crickets

Colusa, CA

#3 Apr 30, 2013
Wow you are so out of touch, the "benghazi problem" is not an Obama problem. Remember the attack on the Marine baracks in Beiruit under Reagan's watch. Was it his fualt? Nope. Did anyone try to blame Reagan for it? Nope. Was this Obama's fault? Nope. Did anyone try to blame Obama for it? You sure did, a bunch of false patriots is what you are. Whatever happened to "politics stops at the waters edge" and such.

Remember when anyone criticized Bush's foreign policy, you all said anyone who did was "aiding and comforting the enemy by criticizing the commander in chief while troops are in the field".

Why can't you hypocrites practice what you preach?

And by the way you are flat out wrong about securing the border. Obama has done more and been more succesful at securing the border than his predecessor was.

"CNN Fact Check: Illegal border crossings at lowest levels in 40 years"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/politics/fact-c...

I know you watch Fox, I can tell by how poorly informed you are.
Tea Party Solution

San Clemente, CA

#4 Apr 30, 2013
Crickets wrote:
Wow you are so out of touch, the "benghazi problem" is not an Obama problem. Remember the attack on the Marine baracks in Beiruit under Reagan's watch. Was it his fualt? Nope. Did anyone try to blame Reagan for it? Nope. Was this Obama's fault? Nope. Did anyone try to blame Obama for it? You sure did, a bunch of false patriots is what you are. Whatever happened to "politics stops at the waters edge" and such.
Remember when anyone criticized Bush's foreign policy, you all said anyone who did was "aiding and comforting the enemy by criticizing the commander in chief while troops are in the field".
Why can't you hypocrites practice what you preach?
And by the way you are flat out wrong about securing the border. Obama has done more and been more succesful at securing the border than his predecessor was.
"CNN Fact Check: Illegal border crossings at lowest levels in 40 years"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/13/politics/fact-c...
I know you watch Fox, I can tell by how poorly informed you are.
Excellent post! But you're citing facts, and the right-wing bubble ignores facts.
Tea Party Solution

San Clemente, CA

#5 Apr 30, 2013
Neo-cons such as McCain are a big part of the right-wing bubble, and they are always ready to start a war.

They immediately 'forget' about the lessons they should have learned by our ten years in Iraq. Let's just invade another mid-east nation. What could possibly go wrong?

What's going on in Syria is very complicated. We're not even sure how much chemical weapons was used, nor whether it was the rebels or Syrian government who used them.

Many of the rebels are al queda types, such as the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Do we want to enter Syria, back the rebels, and soon have another government run by haters of the US?

Foreign relations are very complicated, full of important details that we are not privy to.

But leave it to the righties to claim that they know exactly what we should do about Syria. I don't pretend to know what to do, because I don't know all the facts and details.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#6 Apr 30, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
Neo-cons such as McCain are a big part of the right-wing bubble, and they are always ready to start a war.
They immediately 'forget' about the lessons they should have learned by our ten years in Iraq. Let's just invade another mid-east nation. What could possibly go wrong?
What's going on in Syria is very complicated. We're not even sure how much chemical weapons was used, nor whether it was the rebels or Syrian government who used them.
Many of the rebels are al queda types, such as the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Do we want to enter Syria, back the rebels, and soon have another government run by haters of the US?
Foreign relations are very complicated, full of important details that we are not privy to.
But leave it to the righties to claim that they know exactly what we should do about Syria. I don't pretend to know what to do, because I don't know all the facts and details.
>
>
Great point SOLUTION!

As you and CRICKET know, being aware of facts and details is the best antidote against knee jerk reactions like the one which drove America into the Iraq fiasco.

Now why can't the "righties" understand that...???
Crickets

Colusa, CA

#7 Apr 30, 2013
GRANDPA NICOLAI wrote:
<quoted text>
>
>
Great point SOLUTION!
As you and CRICKET know, being aware of facts and details is the best antidote against knee jerk reactions like the one which drove America into the Iraq fiasco.
Now why can't the "righties" understand that...???
Agreed....check out the best three minutes on tv. He makes the same point at the end.
Crickets

Colusa, CA

#8 Apr 30, 2013
Tea Party Solution

San Clemente, CA

#9 Apr 30, 2013
Crickets wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =h__uutzcQXcXX
oops
Yes, that was a great TV speech. This show has a 'liberal bias' because reality has a liberal bias (at least as compared to the pervasive 'conservative bias').
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#10 Apr 30, 2013
Tea Party Solution wrote:
Neo-cons such as McCain are a big part of the right-wing bubble, and they are always ready to start a war.
They immediately 'forget' about the lessons they should have learned by our ten years in Iraq. Let's just invade another mid-east nation. What could possibly go wrong?
What's going on in Syria is very complicated. We're not even sure how much chemical weapons was used, nor whether it was the rebels or Syrian government who used them.
Many of the rebels are al queda types, such as the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Do we want to enter Syria, back the rebels, and soon have another government run by haters of the US?
Foreign relations are very complicated, full of important details that we are not privy to.
But leave it to the righties to claim that they know exactly what we should do about Syria. I don't pretend to know what to do, because I don't know all the facts and details.
On the money! And I damn sure wouldn't trust the FBI and CIA to investigate the issue. They're the ones who lied for bush!
Local

Hidden Valley Lake, CA

#11 May 1, 2013
Enjoying your lil circle jerk?
lmao
If you haven't figured it out, nobody reads this cesspool of a forum.
on topic:
nobama job approval dips well below 50% as he celebrates a large gay basketball player coming out of the closet while the syrian massacre/disaster continues.
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/opinion/2013/0...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other...

and......Only 31% of Americans feel that the Country is on the right track.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other...
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#12 May 24, 2013
Wow! Funny that now that it's common knowledge that the majority of Syrian "freedom fighters" are al Qaeda, repubicans aren't calling for giving them military aid.

Maybe the righties did learn a lesson from supporting Osama bin Laden after all.
Progun

Chico, CA

#13 May 24, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
Wow! Funny that now that it's common knowledge that the majority of Syrian "freedom fighters" are al Qaeda, repubicans aren't calling for giving them military aid.
Maybe the righties did learn a lesson from supporting Osama bin Laden after all.
All three of you are fkn retards. You have any idea how stupid you guys sound? Oh and your little source "CNN fact check" hmmm CNN fact check... Well hell, I don't even have to say anymore.
A Toad Roady

Lincoln, CA

#14 May 25, 2013
As usual, a right wing -nut can't refute any facts as stated so he just attacks the messenger.

At least his gawd, the pedophile from Puerto Vallarta, here is one would put up a lame -ass counter point.
Progun

Hayward, CA

#15 May 26, 2013
A Toad Roady wrote:
As usual, a right wing -nut can't refute any facts as stated so he just attacks the messenger.
At least his gawd, the pedophile from Puerto Vallarta, here is one would put up a lame -ass counter point.
Typical racist response. Try again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Dance On The Dead Body Of Socialism 41 min ANONYMOUS 1
I LOVE Rubbing Salt In Liberal Wounds 44 min ANONYMOUS 1
You Freak Liberals Thought You Had Successfuly ... 47 min ANONYMOUS 1
Drill Baby Drill and Dig Coal Baby Dig!! 1 hr ANONYMOUS 1
Can You Say THREE SUPREME COURT JUSTICE PICKS 1 hr ANONYMOUS 1
President Trump Will Make Supreme Court Conserv... 1 hr ANONYMOUS 1
Mulholland Litany Of Failure 3 hr Bobs B Day Present 1

Corning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corning Mortgages