Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201877 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#205647 Jul 29, 2013
Bad Jack wrote:
Is Wooster anywhere near Intercourse, OH? You must be close to Happy Queer Valley.
That Nevada heat addled your brain?
Randy Hudson

Chicago, IL

#205648 Jul 29, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights are defined in the Constitution. SSM rights were not mentioned..
Neither was interracial marriage, Buford. What's your point?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#205649 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Being homosexual and immorality are two distinct things. I'm sure the Pope distinguishes between them. I also doubt he would okay calling ss couples married.
<quoted text>
You've seen my responses to those in that place.
You are not in that place.
You really don't know what place I'm in. All you know about me is what I share on the Internet. For all you know, I'm a straight woman who just comes here to stir Shinola.

Knoxville, TN

#205650 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Big dummy, how long do you think you'd last if a MAN even started to torture you?
If you even had an inkling that a supreme monster would torture you for all eternity, you don't think your 'courage' camouflages supreme stupidity?
However, simple logic and justice says that if a scientist can create life in a lab and dispose as he chooses, certainly a Supreme Being has the right.
But the curve ball is that you have a choice to be present or not.
Moreover, you judge Him as horrible because you have experienced the goodness of His minor creation and think He falls short regarding His major creation.
You've thought this through as poorly as you have equating ss couples with marriage...
You know, the truth of the matter is that he thinks of God as being "horrible" because of people like you. You're judgmental, egotistical, and you would lie to your own mother if you thought it would further your cause.

In all these years, I don't think I've ever once seen you present yourself in a way that reflects the Christ that's described in scripture.

You throw out fear and encourage animosity. You are divisive.

By the way, where did you go to school to learn about becoming a pastor?
Kazillion

Covina, CA

#205651 Jul 29, 2013
Kazillion to you too!

Knoxville, TN

#205652 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that you deny polygamy, but excuse a sterile, gendered half fatally belies your claim.
<quoted text>
The fruit of a ss couple; sterile, unproductive, arid, bare, barren, bleak, dead, desert, desolate, dry, effete, empty, fallow, fruitless, futile, gaunt, impotent, infecund, infertile, unfruitful, unprofitable, unprolific, vain, waste.
Smile.
Based on your continuous posts about the importance of procreation, I think you diminish people by reducing them to "baby machines".

It's as though any other contributions that people may make to the planet are insignificant.

Married gay couples can offer so much to society other than baby making.

And where do you come off calling gay couples "impotent"? Maybe the gay men you've encountered couldn't "get it up" because of something you did. Do you have a lot of experience with impotent gay men? Where do you meet them? Does your wife know you're familiar with the potency problems of gay men?

Sucker!
sheesh

United States

#205653 Jul 29, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Extremely inconvenient.... And yet, he has risen to Mayor of D.C.
Go figure...
Who'd he run against? Most elections are like chosing between a sulfuric acid enema and a porcupine suppository.

Knoxville, TN

#205654 Jul 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The qualifications are simple. The parties must be of age, able to consent, not closely related by blood, not currently married, and of the opposite sex. You're operating from the position that personal same sex intimate sexual relationships are marriage, and are considered as such by a broad consensus. Thirty state bans say other wise.
There was a point in time when slavery was legal in the vast majority of the U.S.

Since there were so many places where slavery was legal, does that make slavery ethical?

"Might" seldom makes "right". Just because a majority believes that an activity is right or wrong, does not mean they are correct.
sheesh

United States

#205655 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't argue, I simply point out reality.
I am a redeemed cynic who remains barbarian.
I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk (just like Bruce Willis).
I kick at the darkness until it bleeds light.
This is what delusions of grandeur smell like.

Knoxville, TN

#205656 Jul 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from the angry jackass who types 50 times the words I do each day. Priceless! Just priceless.
I pay my own way. I earned every dime. Every dime was taxed to death. I take nothing from you. I pay more taxes than you earn in a year.
Why, you seem offended! Surely the "Great Frankie" isn't offended. Not you...

Besides, nobody said anything about your taxes.

Lighten up, roller-man.
Dummes

Covina, CA

#205657 Jul 29, 2013
Your like a retreaded tire, cheap and noisy - last poster.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205658 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, you seem offended! Surely the "Great Frankie" isn't offended. Not you...
Besides, nobody said anything about your taxes.
Lighten up, roller-man.
Yes. You offend me. To imply I am a mooch like you. And to use my disability as a joke against me just because you have no argument and I hurt your feelings. You can't say why you are a hypocrite so you make crippled jokes. Nice.

What a loser.

Long Beach, CA

#205659 Jul 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
How can something that does not exist annoy me?
ss marriage is an oxymoron.
If you believe same sex marriage does not exist, why have you made over 14,000 posts on the topic? Sounds like a mental disorder to me.

Long Beach, CA

#205660 Jul 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
But not recognized nationwide in all fifty states.
They will be. Sorry you don't like that.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205661 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a point in time when slavery was legal in the vast majority of the U.S.
oh kaaaaaaay...?
Since there were so many places where slavery was legal, does that make slavery ethical?
Not all the founders thought it was.
"Might" seldom makes "right". Just because a majority believes that an activity is right or wrong, does not mean they are correct.
We're discussing marriage, the legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid in all fifty states. So are u saying that is "wrong"?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205663 Jul 29, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
They will be. Sorry you don't like that.
Aw you're not really sorry you big fibber.

Knoxville, TN

#205664 Jul 29, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You offend me. To imply I am a mooch like you. And to use my disability as a joke against me just because you have no argument and I hurt your feelings. You can't say why you are a hypocrite so you make crippled jokes. Nice.
What a loser.
Where in God's name did I imply that you are a "mooch"?

Wow! We're certainly seeing a much softer side of you tonight.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#205665 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your picture looks like you are taking a sh!t.

Knoxville, TN

#205666 Jul 29, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
oh kaaaaaaay...?
<quoted text>
Not all the founders thought it was.
<quoted text>
We're discussing marriage, the legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid in all fifty states. So are u saying that is "wrong"?
I'm not talking about what the "founders" thought. I'm talking about a nearly 200 year period of time (from the colonists until the Emancipation Proclamation) when the majority of this country had legalized slavery.

I'm saying that the inhabitants of those states that continue to have DOMA laws written into the constitution are wrong. Don't think I can be any clearer.

Long Beach, CA

#205668 Jul 29, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the truth of the matter is that he thinks of God as being "horrible" because of people like you. You're judgmental, egotistical, and you would lie to your own mother if you thought it would further your cause.
In all these years, I don't think I've ever once seen you present yourself in a way that reflects the Christ that's described in scripture.
You throw out fear and encourage animosity. You are divisive.
By the way, where did you go to school to learn about becoming a pastor?
According to his publicly available profile on LinkedIn, Gregory Kirschmann (KiMare)went to the Rockford School of Theology. He was a driver at Heartland Express, Inc. He currently works at Creative Exteriors. I imagine that is somewhere near Dillsburg Pennsylvania, where he currently lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Casual Reader 530 was Ra ped by her grandmother 1 hr Mike 1
Wikileaks dump proving democrats are criminals 1 hr Hunt Criminal Dem... 1
Casual Reader 530 was Ra ped by her grandpa 1 hr Mike 1
Casual Reader 530 was Ra ped by her mommy 1 hr Mike 1
Casual Reader 530 was Ra ped by her daddy 1 hr Mike 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr TWP 72,037
Look What The Chico Topix Forum Has Become - - - 3 hr Certain One 5

Corning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance