First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Enterprise, AL

#1 Sep 20, 2008
I am saddened to hear that Gary Phelan, the long time history teacher at CHS, has passed away!
really

Warrenton, MO

#2 Sep 20, 2008
Wondering wrote:
I am saddened to hear that Gary Phelan, the long time history teacher at CHS, has passed away!
I am sad to hear that, when did he pass away?
just somebody

Hinesville, GA

#3 Sep 20, 2008
Does anyone know what happened? Someone said he was at school yesterday.
oh my

Hinesville, GA

#4 Sep 20, 2008
yes i had him when i was in school. i liked him very much. very good teacher, and loved his stories.
a mom

United States

#5 Sep 20, 2008
I heard he had a heart attack. So sorry to hear this news. He always had a story to tell or a smile.He had a cold this week was wondering if maybe had fluid around his heart he sure sounded congested. He will be missed.
Prayer are with the nieces and nephews he thought the world of them. He was always thrilled when they came to eat lunch with him.
sweet girl

Jackson, MS

#6 Sep 20, 2008
I was wondering when I saw the sign at the funeral home. I liked Mr. Phelan when I had him in history. Our prayers are with him and his family.
Corning parent

Jonesboro, AR

#7 Sep 20, 2008
Yes, Mr. Phelan will be sorely missed. It is very sad news for the entire community...My prayers go out to him and his family.
Concerned

Oak Creek, WI

#8 Sep 20, 2008
What a great guy. He was a great teacher and I always enjoyed good conversations with him. He was interested in so many things. He will be missed.

Since: Jun 08

Corning, AR

#9 Sep 20, 2008
He was one of my favorite teachers. I loved him, his classes, his stories, and how if you got him talking about war or sex you wouldn't have class that day. He was a great teacher. He was in my opinion the best CHS has ever had. He was fair to everyone and NEVER showed favortism. Except maybe to girls. LOL He will be missed by most every student and teacher at CHS. He was a truely great teacher.

United States

#10 Sep 20, 2008
RIP Mr. Phelan...you were the bomb!

“princess”

Since: Aug 08

yakima county

#11 Sep 20, 2008
im sorry to hear that he was my favorite teacher im saddened by the news rest in peace mr phelan we will miss you
hhmmm

Osceola, MO

#12 Sep 20, 2008
He will definitely be missed. He reached alot of kids and changed alot of lives.

God Bless!

Cabot, AR

#13 Sep 20, 2008
I remember how on test days he would pass out the tests and say, "I'm going to have to leave the room for a few minutes. When I come back, I better not see ANY cheat sheets or notes, or anyone cheating off of someone else's paper." Then, he would leave the room for a few minutes, and when he came back, you could hear him whistling in the hall, then when he got close to do the door, he would say, "I'm coming, and I better not see any cheat sheets out." LOL!! He was a great teacher, and lots of fun!!!
Corning gal

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#14 Sep 20, 2008
Mr. Phelan was a great guy and one of the coolest teachers you could ask for! I'm so sad to see him go and he will definitely be missed by all!
Loopy

Jackson, MS

#15 Sep 21, 2008
R.I.P. Mr. Phelan, you will be missed in the halls of C.H.S.!!!
CorningGal

Warrenton, MO

#16 Sep 21, 2008
Hey was truly one of a kind, and could always make you smile. Anytime I smell Old Spice I will think of him with a smile on my face.

“princess”

Since: Aug 08

yakima county

#17 Sep 21, 2008
i agree smelling old spice makes me think of him still to this day
Country Boy

Forney, TX

#18 Sep 21, 2008
Mr. Phelan was the best teacher CHS EVER had. He understood kids, and knew how to make them learn. I learned a lot from his stories, they were great. Anybody Remember Mr. Schmukatellie? I'll never forget his story about him getting shot and getting 2 morphine shots. How he thought he was floating while he was in the helicopter, and how he woke up in a cold white room, and thought he was dead. He was surprised when he realized he was alive. I think about him all the time, and am sad that he is gone. I am sad for his family, and for his students, and for the students that will never get to have him for a teacher. RIP Mr. Phelan. We ALL Love you.
Student of Phelan

Jackson, MS

#19 Sep 22, 2008
He will be greatly missed! I am thankful that I was able to have met him and had the opportunity to learn from him in class. His class was one of the few that I had that I actually took knowledge from the class. The way he taught was special, he told stories about the history we were learning at that time which made it easier to learn! I sure do wish I could go back and set in his class.
Let us remember his nieces and nephews in our prayers. They will miss their uncle greatly.
corning girl

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Sep 22, 2008
yes mr. phelan will be greatly missed in the school of CHS i graduated last year and he was my most favortie teacher ever. I prayers are with him and his family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 1 hr Mickey 9,996
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 hr WARRIOR 29,811
John n nick 12 hr Blake 53
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 13 hr KatBrownKohl 226
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 16 hr KatBrownKohl 381
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 17 hr KatBrownKohl 840
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 20 hr Hmm 265
•••
•••
•••

Corning Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Corning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE