20 year Reunion
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
88 grad

Enterprise, AL

#1 Jun 14, 2008
Anyone on here from the class of 88 and know if we are having a 20 year reunion or not? I haven't heard anything on it and was just wondering
JPrince

Enterprise, AL

#2 Jul 6, 2008
I am from the class of 88 and I haven't heard anything on our 20 year class reunion. I guess some of us locals need to try to get together and maybe we can get something going.
dana

Enterprise, AL

#3 Jul 6, 2008
JPrince wrote:
I am from the class of 88 and I haven't heard anything on our 20 year class reunion. I guess some of us locals need to try to get together and maybe we can get something going.
hey this jeanie? this is dana-I talked to Jayetta the other day for a few minutes and we said maybe all of us around here should get something together for the fall. Let's try to get in touch with the locals and see what we can come up with(do we have to tell everybody? haha)
JPrince

Enterprise, AL

#4 Jul 6, 2008
dana wrote:
<quoted text>
hey this jeanie? this is dana-I talked to Jayetta the other day for a few minutes and we said maybe all of us around here should get something together for the fall. Let's try to get in touch with the locals and see what we can come up with(do we have to tell everybody? haha)
Hey Dana, this is Jeanie. I think we should set up a meeting and see what we can come up with. Yes, I guess we should tell everybody. But if we can't get something going, at least we will get to see each other, haha. You know how to get in touch with me and I think Jayetta has my phone number.
BMcGrew

Dothan, AL

#5 Jul 12, 2008
Hello ladies:
I have emailed David Handwork since he was the class president and I am trying to get a good time to meet with everyone. What about having it over the Harvest Festival weekend? Maybe the Friday night before the Harvest Festival??? I don't think we have to do anything fancy like we did for the 10th. How about renting one of the school gyms or cafeterias and have a potluck??? Just an idea. It does not matter to me.

David was president of the class and I was vice, but we have both been working on our master's degrees and not had the time to think about it. I am finished now, so maybe we can get together and meet.

What is a good time to meet for you? Weekends or week nights? Let me know. You ladies call me if you have any ideas.

Brenda
dana

Everton, MO

#6 Jul 12, 2008
I've talked to Jeanie, Jayetta and Veronica about it and we thought around the Harvest Festival would be a good time also. Maybe we could have it at the Community Center or HS cafeteria and yes I think potluck would be a good idea also. I think the Friday night before would be good too. I can meet with yall weeknights or weekends, either one, as long as I know in advance. I'll call you soon to discuss it.
MikeC

Little Rock, AR

#7 Jul 12, 2008
Hey everone- Mike Cate here- i've been wondering about a reunion too. I'll need to know about a month in advance if we have it on Friday night, i usually work that night. Someone let me know. Good knowing you guys are still around- how many of us are still in or around Corning? I know there are several, including myself. I can't believe how old we are getting!!!!!LOL
dana

Everton, MO

#8 Jul 12, 2008
MikeC wrote:
Hey everone- Mike Cate here- i've been wondering about a reunion too. I'll need to know about a month in advance if we have it on Friday night, i usually work that night. Someone let me know. Good knowing you guys are still around- how many of us are still in or around Corning? I know there are several, including myself. I can't believe how old we are getting!!!!!LOL
I know for sure there are about 15 of us still around, I could have forgot some though. 20 years has really went by fast hasn't it?!
BMcGrew

Columbia, MO

#9 Jul 13, 2008
Hey guys. I wanted to let all of you know that I set up an email account for you to email me your phone numbers and such so we can contact eachother about meetings. I personally do not feel comfortable giving out my phone numbers and personal email addresses on a public forum such as this.

The email address is:
[email protected]

I looked at an old annual and I know where a majority of our classmates are or at least someone to contact to find them. When we actually meet we can go over that list and possibly help eachother find everyone.

Meetings during the week are easier for me, but I can make arrangements for what is best for the majority of the group. Just email me and let me know.

Thanks,
Brenda
BMcGrew

Columbia, MO

#10 Jul 13, 2008
I think you are right Dana. I counted about 20 that are still around. However, some are as close as Paragould and Jonesboro, so they will not have to travel too far.
Does anyone know Michael Brown's email address? I do not know where he is at?
Brenda
BMcGrew wrote:
Hey guys. I wanted to let all of you know that I set up an email account for you to email me your phone numbers and such so we can contact eachother about meetings. I personally do not feel comfortable giving out my phone numbers and personal email addresses on a public forum such as this.
The email address is:
[email protected]
I looked at an old annual and I know where a majority of our classmates are or at least someone to contact to find them. When we actually meet we can go over that list and possibly help eachother find everyone.
Meetings during the week are easier for me, but I can make arrangements for what is best for the majority of the group. Just email me and let me know.
Thanks,
Brenda
dana

Enterprise, AL

#11 Jul 13, 2008
BMcGrew wrote:
I think you are right Dana. I counted about 20 that are still around. However, some are as close as Paragould and Jonesboro, so they will not have to travel too far.
Does anyone know Michael Brown's email address? I do not know where he is at?
Brenda
<quoted text>
I have a Myspace page and have Veronica, Tina B, Jayetta, Michael B and Carla T as my friends. I told Veronica the email this morning and asked her if she would let Audra, Tina B and Michael B know about it and anyone else that she still has contact with. I will check with her and see if she did, if not I will send him a message. I also sent Jayetta a message and told her and also told her if she knew how to get ahold of anyone in our class to let them know also.
dana

Enterprise, AL

#12 Jul 13, 2008
I sent a message to Veronica, Jayetta, Tina, Michael, Carla, Audra, and Stephanie F with the email address to contact you
BMcGrew

Columbia, MO

#13 Jul 14, 2008
That is great Dana. I am sure we can find everyone. Do you think we would have a better attendance on Friday night or Saturday after the Harvest Festival?

Our biggest problem is getting a place. I know that groups rent the gyms and such years in advance.

Here is an idea also...Mayas at Poplar Bluff has a room for rent upstairs that we have used for school suppers in the past. I don't know how many people it can accomodate, but we could check. That way each person could order what they want and pay for their own meal.

We need to try to meet soon. Any ideas on a date and place to meet?

Brenda
Jayetta

Clovis, NM

#14 Jul 14, 2008
I think it would be great to see everyone. Surely we could find almost everyone one way or another. If we are going to do this, we need to meet ASAP. I just can meet July 31 - August 6. Vacation time.
BMcGrew

Columbia, MO

#15 Jul 14, 2008
Jayetta:
How about July 24th. I think that is a Thursday night. We could meet around 6 in the evening. Getting people to come out on the weekends are hard due to babysitting and family obligations. I need the call the community center and see if we can get a room. Does that date sound ok to you?
BMcGrew

Columbia, MO

#16 Jul 14, 2008
Ok...the ball is rolling. Our first meeting will be Thursday, July 24th at the El Acapulco restaurant in Corning. We will meet at 6:00 pm. The cheese dip should make our brains work better....hehehehe.

Please email me at [email protected] to let me know if you can make it. I need to let the restaurant know how many are coming. I have contacted the Courier to let them know to announce it. Bring any ideas with you. I am looking forward to seeing all of you.
JPrince

Enterprise, AL

#17 Jul 14, 2008
Thursday, July 24th at 6:00 sounds good. Can't wait to see everyone.
BMcGrew

Columbia, MO

#18 Jul 15, 2008
Thanks Jeanie. I am proud that all of you will be there to help.
advice

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Jul 15, 2008
The Senior Citizens Bld. gets rented out for things like that on weekends also.
BMcGrew

Columbia, MO

#20 Jul 15, 2008
Really, do you know the cost to rent the Senior Citizens Building??? Are you talking about the one beside the Mexican restaurant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Lamont and Fred 40,114
what happened to Vanessa Fraine? 7 hr Bobby 4
Corning Football Night Fri Nbb 48
Jr./Sr. High Fri ole cat 25
Casey's Is the New Black Fri --Bad Dad-- 2
food Fri DirtSandwich 6
woman of Corning I wanna fool around Oct 17 shouldnt 8

Corning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Corning Mortgages