First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WTH

Little Rock, AR

#1 Apr 1, 2010
Well, yet another Entergy power failure...i know things happen, but gee, every time the wind blows the power is out. Even lost a day of school. 19 hours without electricity....ridiculous. How i wish the whole town could be on Clay Co. Elec.
JQP

Cherokee Village, AR

#2 Apr 1, 2010
WTH wrote:
Well, yet another Entergy power failure...i know things happen, but gee, every time the wind blows the power is out. Even lost a day of school. 19 hours without electricity....ridiculous. How i wish the whole town could be on Clay Co. Elec.
AGREE with that!!!
i know

Evening Shade, AR

#3 Apr 1, 2010
after you pay one of clay county electric's bill you will wish you were back on entergy . and that is a proven fact.
really

Salem, AR

#4 Apr 1, 2010
i know wrote:
after you pay one of clay county electric's bill you will wish you were back on entergy . and that is a proven fact.
i dont know where you get that from ive had clay electric for 20 years in the past , and now have entergy . i think you have that all backwards.
i know

Evening Shade, AR

#5 Apr 1, 2010
you said in the past , try it now .co-op has really got high just in the past 2 or 3 years . my last bill for a small 2 bedroom , all gas heat , was 180.00 last month . but i think every employee drives a new co-op car or truck . they even go to the post office in a new car or truck . i saw one of there employee come in a local cafe the other day , picked up 6 dinners and paid for it with a co-op credit card . theres alot more .
JQP

Cherokee Village, AR

#6 Apr 1, 2010
i know wrote:
you said in the past , try it now .co-op has really got high just in the past 2 or 3 years . my last bill for a small 2 bedroom , all gas heat , was 180.00 last month . but i think every employee drives a new co-op car or truck . they even go to the post office in a new car or truck . i saw one of there employee come in a local cafe the other day , picked up 6 dinners and paid for it with a co-op credit card . theres alot more .
WOW!Cant win for losing
WTH

Little Rock, AR

#7 Apr 1, 2010
I could care less about the bills right now, all i know is during the ice storm, Clay Co. went to work, while Entergy stood around for two weeks. Residents in town on Clay Co. had power back on two weeks before those of us on Entergy did....while they just stood around in the parking lots. At least they were kind enough to call me this afternoon with a recorded message explaining the power outage, waking me up after a had worked all night!

Everyone's bills are high...i'd rather have a reliable power company and pay a little extra than this crap!
i know

Evening Shade, AR

#8 Apr 1, 2010
WTH wrote:
I could care less about the bills right now, all i know is during the ice storm, Clay Co. went to work, while Entergy stood around for two weeks. Residents in town on Clay Co. had power back on two weeks before those of us on Entergy did....while they just stood around in the parking lots. At least they were kind enough to call me this afternoon with a recorded message explaining the power outage, waking me up after a had worked all night!
Everyone's bills are high...i'd rather have a reliable power company and pay a little extra than this crap!
you must have lots of money
WTH

Little Rock, AR

#9 Apr 1, 2010
Ok, i know, i get it, your bills are high...this topic is about Entergy. No, i don't have lots of money, especially not enough to have the groceries my wife buys go bad because these clowns can't keep the electricity on during bright sunny days....i know equipment fails, the problem is we have no CHOICE but to be on one power provider or the other.
Ain t it the Truth

Salem, AR

#10 Apr 2, 2010
WTH wrote:
Ok, i know, i get it, your bills are high...this topic is about Entergy. No, i don't have lots of money, especially not enough to have the groceries my wife buys go bad because these clowns can't keep the electricity on during bright sunny days....i know equipment fails, the problem is we have no CHOICE but to be on one power provider or the other.
Welcome to the world of 'Service Providers'
info

Cherokee Village, AR

#11 Apr 2, 2010
What caused the power outage?
gail

Cherokee Village, AR

#12 Apr 2, 2010
I would like to know what caused the power outage also? I was told 2 things but still don,t know what caused it.
Just want to say

United States

#13 Apr 2, 2010
I just want to say that I don't much care for Entergy myself, and my bill too steadily raises. And I agree the power does seem to go out at the blow if the wind sometimes. However, I would like to say thanks to those who helped get our electric on and going again. We all need to try and be thankful because I'm sure it could be worse somehow. Also we need think about what a dangerous job it is. These people put their lives at risks just so we can have power. Again, Thanks!
WTH

Little Rock, AR

#14 Apr 2, 2010
I'm not blaming the linemen, yes they did a wonderful job during the ice storm and i'm grateful for them, but it's the company i'm getting at. The message i got yesterday said equipment failure at a substation.
just thinking

Jackson, MS

#15 Apr 2, 2010
why can't this town be on 1 provider?
JUST ONE
yuppers

Evening Shade, AR

#16 Apr 2, 2010
Politics hun
Haley

Ash Flat, AR

#17 Apr 4, 2010
just thinking wrote:
why can't this town be on 1 provider?
JUST ONE
Writes letter asking the town to be switched from Entergy to Clay County Electric. If they get enough letters, maybe Entergy will improve service or the entire town can be changed to Caly County Electric
wondering

United States

#18 Apr 4, 2010
There are regulations concerning where Clay County Rural Electric Association can provide service. Some of the town is on REA because they were there before some of the subdivision were built. There is always more to these situations than meet the eye.
wondering

United States

#19 Apr 4, 2010
Before I am corrected, that may be Electrification instead of Electric, it's been a while since I've seen it.
ummm

Mountain Home, AR

#20 Apr 4, 2010
i will stick with Entergy. My bill is 100 cheaper with Entergy than when i had Clay County Electric. I have a 2 bedroom house now with Entergy and then i was in a apartment and it was Clay County Elec. and the electric bill was higher in the apartment. So whos higher? Clay County Elec

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 11 hr Nothing Between Y... 30,408
Don n Vannie 11 hr a friend 3
gene mccollum 15 hr Too cute 6
Inexpensive Gasoline Tue Fill your tank 9
B Foster hotttttt check Mon Beginning of the end 5
who is hot? Dec 15 shady 1
house washed Dec 15 guest1 6
Corning Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Corning People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Corning News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Corning

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:10 am PST

NBC Sports 8:10AM
Chandler Catanzaro kicks way to NFC special teams honors
Bleacher Report 9:43 AM
Offseason Should Start with Trading for Cutler
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:15 PM
Should fantasy owners bench Eli Manning in Week 16?
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports