Mid-South Health Systems

Posted in the Corning Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
concerned citizen

Cherokee Village, AR

#1 Feb 28, 2011
Rumors are flying that at least 5 jobs were eliminated today and that more are certainly to follow in coming weeks. It also been hinted that many more jobs may be restructured, schedules changed, less staff to client ratios that could effect facility/community safety. It was also announced today that the MSHS crisis unit in Jonesboro announced that it would be closing immediately.
Is the Corning unit in jeopardy of closing as well?
Is MSHS in so financial trouble that the entire facility could close or change management and their way of doing business?
reality

United States

#2 Feb 28, 2011
MSHS is a poorly run private non profit, with poor upper management, sucking on millions of govt dollars, accountable to no one.

Firing employees without cause, running off employees with change after change and stupid policy, all while upper management draw salaries way above their worth, has gutted the company of good common dedicated workers.

Morale of common employees - the folks that do the work - is shot. They have seen the incompetence of management. Constant turnover of employess is not a good sign.

All wrongfully terminated employees need to complain to medicaid and hire a good class action attorney. Sue the board also.

The board of directors need to fire all upper management and start over with some professional and competent folks asap. Why are board meetings private and members names unpublished and not public info?
why

Melbourne, AR

#3 Mar 1, 2011
why does mid south have such high employee turnover numbers?
gone fishin

Cherry Valley, AR

#4 Mar 1, 2011
What does the facility/community safety ratio numbers mean?
Will there not be employees with the patients anymore in stores? i thought they had to be according to the giudelines when they came here.
After after all these years, it better stay safe.
gone fishin

Cherry Valley, AR

#5 Mar 1, 2011
Who is the Board in Corning anyway?
Ain t it the Truth

United States

#6 Mar 1, 2011
why wrote:
why does mid south have such high employee turnover numbers?
Because the hatchet lady, Bonnie White in Jonesboro office directs her 'goons' to do the dirty work of keeping employees under control. They spy on employees and encourage nurses to write up (and make up) stupid stuff to use against employees later for dismissal aka 'YOUR FIRED ' lol Go to Jonesboro and see why Families Inc. is growning 3 times faster than Mid-South...Families Inc. treats their employees with respect.
balderdash

Cherry Valley, AR

#7 Mar 1, 2011
Support your local midget
and

United States

#8 Mar 1, 2011
Ain t it the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the hatchet lady, Bonnie White in Jonesboro office directs her 'goons' to do the dirty work of keeping employees under control. They spy on employees and encourage nurses to write up (and make up) stupid stuff to use against employees later for dismissal aka 'YOUR FIRED ' lol Go to Jonesboro and see why Families Inc. is growning 3 times faster than Mid-South...Families Inc. treats their employees with respect.
and the fired employees can't draw unemployment. something smells.
concern

Cherokee Village, AR

#9 Mar 1, 2011
gone fishin wrote:
What does the facility/community safety ratio numbers mean?
Will there not be employees with the patients anymore in stores? i thought they had to be according to the giudelines when they came here.
After after all these years, it better stay safe.
Maybe it means that they will have less staff, poorly trained staff and equipment, locks, security systems to controla and confine the patients that could lead to safety concern in the community
haha

United States

#11 Mar 1, 2011
well if they got out we would never know who they were... they would just fit right in with everyone in town LOL
Ain t it the Truth

United States

#12 Mar 1, 2011
concern wrote:
<quoted text>
who are the goons
Goons are the 'idiots' that White sends up to scare the director,(aka 'fall guy') into submission to implement the abuse. Until the BOD boots her ass out, nothing will change. If they are lucky, the hag will retire soon...think she is 65-66 now.
funny

Pocahontas, AR

#13 Mar 2, 2011
Well they have really scooped to the bottom of the barrel when they put the skank Sherry in there and now tiny tim. He is clueless with what to do. They use to have some great staff there but I think they have rode their asses so much that the morale is so low. MSHS started out to be a good thing, but now they are an embarrassment. To the LPN's and the MHPP's keep up the good work and don't let them wanna be get the best of you. Woohoo
your are fired

Melbourne, AR

#14 Mar 2, 2011
funny wrote:
Well they have really scooped to the bottom of the barrel when they put the skank Sherry in there and now tiny tim. He is clueless with what to do. They use to have some great staff there but I think they have rode their asses so much that the morale is so low. MSHS started out to be a good thing, but now they are an embarrassment. To the LPN's and the MHPP's keep up the good work and don't let them wanna be get the best of you. Woohoo
May be too late for some, but area employees need to be on their toes. With 30 employees/jobs cut in Jbr, they may be moving those folks to your job and fire you for "cause". No unemployment pay for firings vs layoffs.
YEAH

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Mar 2, 2011
your are fired wrote:
<quoted text>May be too late for some, but area employees need to be on their toes. With 30 employees/jobs cut in Jbr, they may be moving those folks to your job and fire you for "cause". No unemployment pay for firings vs layoffs.
YEAH
curious

Pocahontas, AR

#16 Mar 2, 2011
your are fired wrote:
<quoted text>May be too late for some, but area employees need to be on their toes. With 30 employees/jobs cut in Jbr, they may be moving those folks to your job and fire you for "cause". No unemployment pay for firings vs layoffs.
You are really clueless. Shame to show ignorance when u don't have any idea how it really is there. If u work there you must be one of the higher ups that has blinders on. The LPN's and MHPP's are the ones that do the work (in case you ever want to no). I don't have to worry about getting fired. I don't work for losers like the higher ups there.
i object

Melbourne, AR

#17 Mar 2, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really clueless. Shame to show ignorance when u don't have any idea how it really is there. If u work there you must be one of the higher ups that has blinders on. The LPN's and MHPP's are the ones that do the work (in case you ever want to no). I don't have to worry about getting fired. I don't work for losers like the higher ups there.
You should be worried if you are an LPN or MHPP. I'm not a higher up and i know who does the work. You seem to have misunderstood my statement. Lower and mid level employees are easily fired and replaced at MSHS. I've seen MSHS fire MHPP for misconduct after building a case on nothing but a complaint from one client.
concern

United States

#18 Mar 2, 2011
funny wrote:
Sherry==snitch back to admin and poker buddy to "the good ole boys in admin"
Tim===kiss ass and report to admin whatever it is that they wanted to hear, though i do hear that he has much experience with the mentally ill personally and professionally.
Wouldnt be the first time that a company disposed of staff in one part and moved to another ---especially if they can demand more productivity for profit and pay less-----
wonder if it ever occurs to the people making the lives of so many miserable when and how karma will present itself in their lives!
curious

Pocahontas, AR

#19 Mar 3, 2011
i object wrote:
<quoted text>You should be worried if you are an LPN or MHPP. I'm not a higher up and i know who does the work. You seem to have misunderstood my statement. Lower and mid level employees are easily fired and replaced at MSHS. I've seen MSHS fire MHPP for misconduct after building a case on nothing but a complaint from one client.
I have seen them fire the workers there too and yes I agree with you. So I think you misunderstood me because I was aiming at the higher ups. I don't work there, but my best friend is an LPN there and I know how they have done her. She is a damn good LPN. MSHS does their employees dirty.
curious

Pocahontas, AR

#20 Mar 3, 2011
concern wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherry==snitch back to admin and poker buddy to "the good ole boys in admin"
Tim===kiss ass and report to admin whatever it is that they wanted to hear, though i do hear that he has much experience with the mentally ill personally and professionally.
Wouldnt be the first time that a company disposed of staff in one part and moved to another ---especially if they can demand more productivity for profit and pay less-----
wonder if it ever occurs to the people making the lives of so many miserable when and how karma will present itself in their lives!
Amen!! You said a mouth full. It used to be a great place to work until administration started getting gready and getting rid of good employees.
who

United States

#21 Mar 3, 2011
Anyone know who the county reps are on the mshs board?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City bans feeding of stray animals 4 hr Duh 25
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 12 hr Reality Check 34,487
Polk St Sat Bob 3
Going down fast Sat Duh 17
best fighter in corning Sat Denny 24
Bait shop Sat Denny 3
Mrs j black is back home sweet home Sat Julie 1

Corning Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance