john

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 May 6, 2007
we needs jobs in lewisburg need to get rid of goats music and more and get jobs here
handy

Lewisburg, TN

#2 May 14, 2007
john wrote:
we needs jobs in lewisburg need to get rid of goats music and more and get jobs here
Very True John in needing jobs.
True. Lewisburg needs jobs . I would like for an Art School to open for people who aren't able to work in an Industrial environment nor care to.

“It's all good !!”

Since: May 07

Lewisburg/Cornersville

#3 May 15, 2007
I agree, different forms of education or training would be great for this area. The only problem is that after you get the education or training, you will still be stuck by having to travel out-of-town to get a job for your training. Been there-done that. In order to use the education I worked for, I had to travel to a minimum of Franklin and the farther North, the better the pay. Sad, isn't it?
WillyBillyandCaj unBaby

Lewisburg, TN

#4 May 19, 2007
Jobs will grow in Marshall County when Career Schools open up to train people for employment.
Art School can include Flowers. Where is the nearest Floristry School in TN?
redbirdwoman

AOL

#5 May 21, 2007
john wrote:
Do you realize how much money Lewisburg brings in during the festival? It is one of the few things people from all over the state come to! There are plenty of jobs in Lewisburg...people just don't want them! You sound like my son...are you above working for a lower job here...or do you have the money and time to travel to Franklin, Nashville, Huntsville or some other town to work. Add up your gas and wear and tear on your vehicle!

“It's all good !!”

Since: May 07

Lewisburg/Cornersville

#6 May 24, 2007
Lewisburg has an excellent Career School. Tennessee Technical Center has courses for nursing, business, industrial maintenance, electrical and more. The main campus is located on Pulaski and the Lewisburg campus is located across the Waxo radio station. One of the problems is that after the courses are completed, it is still difficult to find a job locally for the training received. I graduated with the medical coding and business certificates. After graduation I decided to enter college and further my education. It took the Tech School step to make me aware that I could go to college at my age and do well. The computer courses I had at Tech School prepared me for my Physics class at Columbia State. Lewisburg needs to somehow attract larger business or industries in order to expand and allow the younger generation to remain here. A family can not be raised on minimum wage and ever expect to get ahead or stay afloat. I agree that sometimes we are better than a low paying job and need to better our education to advance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the craziest thing that's ever happened ... 9 hr WhatAboutBob 4
Schools and the eclipse Tue Life lessons 4
Dirt Cheap (Apr '16) Aug 14 High dollar crying 22
shooting in lewisburg Aug 14 Cant fix stupid 17
Woman found dead behind van Aug 14 Just Gone away 5
Cry Babies Aug 14 Young peeps ways 7
Right Care Aug 14 FYI go to a doctor 4

Cornersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance