Lewisburg man guarded captured Somali pirate

Apr 29, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Shelbyville Times-Gazette

A Lewisburg man in the U.S. Navy was in the thick of it when the Navy rescued a cargo ship captain from Somali pirates two weeks ago.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated May 5, 2009
hanging around

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

who cares?

“DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

are they going to give him a key to the city?
so_aggravated

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Can you people just not say good job and be proud of what the young man has done. He is putting his life at danger for our country and all you can do is bash him. You people are very cold hearted. What he done was a great job and it was worth letting people know about.
The entertainer

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

I guarded all of your tired azzes for ten years. I do not want any thanks, it was my job, I volunteered, no draft.

The entertainer

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

hanging around would care if they had his/her tired azz captured.

“DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

I was serious, I think he should get a key to the city for fighting for his country. Or some recognition, but not only him all that serve.
Just a Job

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

You got this all wrong he has to be captured himself not capture the pirate to get the key to the city.

This is just plain silly ever time I turn around someone wants to make a Hero?

Just because they joined drafted or served in the arm forces.

It is a job, and most get paid well for what they do with life time benfits too.
gazts

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Just a Job wrote:
You got this all wrong he has to be captured himself not capture the pirate to get the key to the city.
This is just plain silly ever time I turn around someone wants to make a Hero?
Just because they joined drafted or served in the arm forces.
It is a job, and most get paid well for what they do with life time benfits too.
Here is the probable scoup. Serving in the military, yes we are proud of him. Ends there. Hero, no. I served 28 years.
He was a firefighter. The ship has trained security. Do you really think they said, "Lewie, watch this man" and risk losing a prisoner because the captain decided to use a firefighter as the main captive overseer.
No, they had security on him, backed up by hundreds of GI's throughout the ship. Most likely he was one of those GI's.
We don't need anymore heros. The troops who volunteers to go over and serve are my heros.
I appreciated the article as one of ours was on the ship and they showed his proud family, not a real hero as they tried to make him.
lakerfan

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

The entertainer wrote:
I guarded all of your tired azzes for ten years. I do not want any thanks, it was my job, I volunteered, no draft.
Well this old tired azz appreciates all who serve or have served!
coco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

woohoo

Since: Apr 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

so_aggravated wrote:
Can you people just not say good job and be proud of what the young man has done. He is putting his life at danger for our country and all you can do is bash him. You people are very cold hearted. What he done was a great job and it was worth letting people know about.
Oh please. This paper is just trying to sell papers and take advantage of the story before it goes away forever.

This person was just doing his job and so were the thousands of other Sailors who were not mentioned.

These ships have jails and this is where the pirate was kept. It's not like the pirate was tied with rope and this poor Sailor had to guard him to ensure he didnt run off. All the Sailor did was his job..Lets not hype this up..

Like I said, other Sailors made the food the pirate ate, and other Sailors cleaned the restroom the pirate used..Should we write articles about these Sailors also?
kimberL

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

USMC-SGV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. This paper is just trying to sell papers and take advantage of the story before it goes away forever.
This person was just doing his job and so were the thousands of other Sailors who were not mentioned.
These ships have jails and this is where the pirate was kept. It's not like the pirate was tied with rope and this poor Sailor had to guard him to ensure he didnt run off. All the Sailor did was his job..Lets not hype this up..
Like I said, other Sailors made the food the pirate ate, and other Sailors cleaned the restroom the pirate used..Should we write articles about these Sailors also?
They really know how to water down the word "hero" in Lewisburg.
A Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

It's nice to hear about a friend serving over seas. If you didn't know the kid this article wasn't for you. Keep up the good work Jacob!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cornersville Discussions

Search the Cornersville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min lol 140,616
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 27 min Geeze 8,934
Democrat's low IQ drives them to vote with emot... 36 min Buster 3
Teledyne 1 hr peter 22
Christian Democrats 2 hr voter 7
Public Defenders Race 2 hr Debbie Downer 71
Living here in lewisburg 3 hr Working man 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cornersville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000