Lewisburg man guarded captured Somali...

Lewisburg man guarded captured Somali pirate

There are 13 comments on the Shelbyville Times-Gazette story from Apr 29, 2009, titled Lewisburg man guarded captured Somali pirate. In it, Shelbyville Times-Gazette reports that:

A Lewisburg man in the U.S. Navy was in the thick of it when the Navy rescued a cargo ship captain from Somali pirates two weeks ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Shelbyville Times-Gazette.

hanging around

United States

#1 Apr 29, 2009
who cares?

“DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 30, 2009
are they going to give him a key to the city?
so_aggravated

Columbia, TN

#3 May 4, 2009
Can you people just not say good job and be proud of what the young man has done. He is putting his life at danger for our country and all you can do is bash him. You people are very cold hearted. What he done was a great job and it was worth letting people know about.
The entertainer

Mount Juliet, TN

#4 May 4, 2009
I guarded all of your tired azzes for ten years. I do not want any thanks, it was my job, I volunteered, no draft.

The entertainer

Mount Juliet, TN

#5 May 4, 2009
hanging around would care if they had his/her tired azz captured.

“DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 May 4, 2009
I was serious, I think he should get a key to the city for fighting for his country. Or some recognition, but not only him all that serve.
Just a Job

Columbia, TN

#7 May 4, 2009
You got this all wrong he has to be captured himself not capture the pirate to get the key to the city.

This is just plain silly ever time I turn around someone wants to make a Hero?

Just because they joined drafted or served in the arm forces.

It is a job, and most get paid well for what they do with life time benfits too.
gazts

Lewisburg, TN

#8 May 4, 2009
Just a Job wrote:
You got this all wrong he has to be captured himself not capture the pirate to get the key to the city.
This is just plain silly ever time I turn around someone wants to make a Hero?
Just because they joined drafted or served in the arm forces.
It is a job, and most get paid well for what they do with life time benfits too.
Here is the probable scoup. Serving in the military, yes we are proud of him. Ends there. Hero, no. I served 28 years.
He was a firefighter. The ship has trained security. Do you really think they said, "Lewie, watch this man" and risk losing a prisoner because the captain decided to use a firefighter as the main captive overseer.
No, they had security on him, backed up by hundreds of GI's throughout the ship. Most likely he was one of those GI's.
We don't need anymore heros. The troops who volunteers to go over and serve are my heros.
I appreciated the article as one of ours was on the ship and they showed his proud family, not a real hero as they tried to make him.
lakerfan

Nashville, TN

#9 May 4, 2009
The entertainer wrote:
I guarded all of your tired azzes for ten years. I do not want any thanks, it was my job, I volunteered, no draft.
Well this old tired azz appreciates all who serve or have served!
coco

United States

#10 May 4, 2009
woohoo

Since: Apr 09

United States

#11 May 4, 2009
so_aggravated wrote:
Can you people just not say good job and be proud of what the young man has done. He is putting his life at danger for our country and all you can do is bash him. You people are very cold hearted. What he done was a great job and it was worth letting people know about.
Oh please. This paper is just trying to sell papers and take advantage of the story before it goes away forever.

This person was just doing his job and so were the thousands of other Sailors who were not mentioned.

These ships have jails and this is where the pirate was kept. It's not like the pirate was tied with rope and this poor Sailor had to guard him to ensure he didnt run off. All the Sailor did was his job..Lets not hype this up..

Like I said, other Sailors made the food the pirate ate, and other Sailors cleaned the restroom the pirate used..Should we write articles about these Sailors also?
kimberL

Lewisburg, TN

#12 May 4, 2009
USMC-SGV wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. This paper is just trying to sell papers and take advantage of the story before it goes away forever.
This person was just doing his job and so were the thousands of other Sailors who were not mentioned.
These ships have jails and this is where the pirate was kept. It's not like the pirate was tied with rope and this poor Sailor had to guard him to ensure he didnt run off. All the Sailor did was his job..Lets not hype this up..
Like I said, other Sailors made the food the pirate ate, and other Sailors cleaned the restroom the pirate used..Should we write articles about these Sailors also?
They really know how to water down the word "hero" in Lewisburg.
A Friend

United States

#13 May 5, 2009
It's nice to hear about a friend serving over seas. If you didn't know the kid this article wasn't for you. Keep up the good work Jacob!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yellow jacked up truck, Maroon chevy and silver... 5 min mad dogg 3
Work 7 hr Union member 33
Marshall Tribune 7 hr bob loves clint 37
3 fire halls for the city of lewisburg 8 hr no brainer 2
Hometown Grocery Closing? 11 hr Disappointed 1
Marshall County Tn Election Commission 12 hr Important Questions 5
Tyler Watson coming to town is he DTF Sun catlover23 1
More from around the web

Cornersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]