Village At Lake Norman Team Plans Ope...

Village At Lake Norman Team Plans Open Meetings, Launches New Email Newsletter For Community

There are 7 comments on the Lincoln Tribune story from Feb 11, 2008, titled Village At Lake Norman Team Plans Open Meetings, Launches New Email Newsletter For Community. In it, Lincoln Tribune reports that:

“We have had good online feedback and questions from the community via the feedback page of our website”

The Village At Lake Norman development team is inviting the community to open meetings on Feb. via Lincoln Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lincoln Tribune.

Ashley Stallings

Statesville, NC

#1 Feb 14, 2008
This project is too big for our area. We moved to Cornelius to get away from big city living and do not need another shopping center that will bring more traffic to our town.

Since: Feb 08

Charlotte, NC

#2 Feb 14, 2008
not interested in more development. Let the trees live
John Meyers

Monroe, NC

#3 Feb 20, 2008
What a great plan- plus the road improvements will come to us in 2-3 years instead of 20-30 as planned by the state. This will give Cornelius the "Signature" develpoment it needs. Plus, it is better than car lot- what the land is presently zoned for.
Michael Williamson

Charlotte, NC

#4 Mar 2, 2008
The Villages at Lake Norman is a terrible idea. The developers are lying. This will not be an upscale development ... unless, of course, you think Super Target and Best Buy are upscale. Giant outdoor mall = more traffic! Bad for Cornelius!!
Cynthia

Stony Point, NC

#5 Apr 22, 2008
The size of Cornelius has doubled in the past ten years. With that has come higher property taxes, bloated schools, stretched police and fire services and congested roads. Why would anyone think that a new, larger Birkdale-esque development would improve any of those problems?
Go4it

Hickory, NC

#6 Apr 29, 2008
Cynthia,

Do you know anything about Cornelius? Our tax rate has dropped from 32 cents to 27 cents over the past 10 years. I believe the Village is an OUTSTANDING project. It sure beats a french fry alley or a string of car dealerships. We are lucky in my opinion.
Christy

Davidson, NC

#7 May 26, 2008
This is a great idea! The economy is not so hot. Birkdale is not exactly a success for small businesses as planned. This will open up jobs for those who are need. I have a lot of friends that lost jobs due to the real estate slump and can not afford to drive into Charlotte. The road improvements are greatly needed and will not be completed by the City this fast. Please pay attention to what Cornelius has in store for the future be for you selfishly judge to quickly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cornelius Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) 19 hr Frank Bacons Zombie 31
News Tractor-trailer accident closes I-77 northbound... Wed wow 1
News Suspect in hit-and-run was found at work (Jul '07) Wed is this the driver 36
Internet Options Wed bac 2
News Criminal Charges- 7-12-17 Jul 12 jlom 1
need help (Apr '14) Jun 26 donalds nukes 5
Kevin Green - former CSD Administrator (May '14) Jun '17 jdg777 15

Cornelius Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cornelius Mortgages